Lobster...

srmsmg5

Thank you everyone for making my mouth water while I am trying to work! Now I am craving lobster, crabs, shrimp, all of it! Yum!!!! :D

LOL-I'm now convinced I need to make it to the local grocery

I am convinced Crab legs are better than Lobster most of the time. I don't care if they are King Crab legs, Dunginas or blue, they are usually sweet and tender.

Nita

I too like crab legs better, but I wouldn't refuse a lobster if someone gave me one! Ocasasionally you can get a good deal on KCL at Shoprite or Stew Leonards (for those in my neck of the woods) for $4.99/lb- $6.99/lb.

Gotta watch the flyers!:)

I too like crab legs better, but I wouldn't refuse a lobster if someone gave me one! Ocasasionally you can get a good deal on KCL at Shoprite or Stew Leonards (for those in my neck of the woods) for $4.99/lb- $6.99/lb.

Gotta watch the flyers!:)

Wow! Good to know. I adore KCL, but they are usually priced out of reach. Lobster can really go either way, good or bad, but crab I always love.

Wow! Good to know. I adore KCL, but they are usually priced out of reach. Lobster can really go either way, good or bad, but crab I always love.

I'll let you know if I see a good sale. I won't buy them unless they are are cheap enough. Good thing is, I am the only one who eats them so I don't have to buy lots!:)

Edit: $7.99 at Shoprite this week with PP card.

I'll let you know if I see a good sale. I won't buy them unless they are are cheap enough. Good thing is, I am the only one who eats them so I don't have to buy lots!:)

Thanks!

Price is $4.00 a pound for lobsters right off the boats here in Maine today....and so fresh and tasty. :):):)

I've seen prices as low as $2.00 a pound from from the boats, in the Fall of 2008.

Price is $4.00 a pound for lobsters right off the boats here in Maine today....and so fresh and tasty. :):):)

I've seen prices as low as $2.00 a pound from from the boats, in the Fall of 2008.

Lucky you!!!! We get the culls off the boats in Rhode Island in the summer. Still a tasty treat!

Go ahead...rub it in :mad::D

This site states, "Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and cockroach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers. Cockroaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters. They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment

Doesn't bother me. Bring on the sea bug!!!

This site states, "Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and cockroach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers. Cockroaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters. They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment

Not a problem. Bring 'em on!!

[quote name='salty dingo'][URL="http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question85820.html"]This site[/URL] states, "Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and cockroach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers. Cockroaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters. They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment[/quote]

Here in Maine, Lobsters were once used as fertilizer....:eek::D:eek:

[quote name='mbisson']I prefer Dungeness, but where I live I can get them fresh...and to me, the best dungeness crab is from the body, not the legs.

Whatever it is, fresh is best (and it's darn near impossible to get fresh king crab in the lower 48)[/QUOTE]

WE too used to get it fresh when we lived in Eureka Ca many years ago. It was so long ago an entire crab (of course they are small) was about $1.00. As for king crab legs, I have learned to love the frozen ones, anything, just to get my fix. LOL

[quote name='Got Tequila?']Price is $4.00 a pound for lobsters right off the boats here in Maine today....and so fresh and tasty. :):):)

I've seen prices as low as $2.00 a pound from from the boats, in the Fall of 2008.[/QUOTE]

now if I could afford a house in Maine and could stand the politics it would be worth moving there just for the seafood.

Nita LOL

[quote name='newmexicoNita']now if I could afford a house in Maine and could stand the politics it would be worth moving there just for the seafood.

Nita LOL[/quote]

I am with you !!!!!!!;)

[quote=Planer's Edge;23829483]
[COLOR=black]Hmmm! I have never had a raw clam.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR]
[/quote]

Pretty much the same consistency of an oyster. Put a little cocktail sauce on it and suck it out of the shell. MMMMMMMboy!:D

[quote name='LOWTYD']Pretty much the same consistency of an oyster. Put a little cocktail sauce on it and suck it out of the shell. MMMMMMMboy!:D[/QUOTE]

and that is one of the few fish, raw or cooked I can't do..I have eaten the Oysters when at a cocktail parties in DC back in the 80s. It just seemed to be the thing to do. Then I grew up and realized I didn't have to do everything the others were doing. I think the growing up comes when you go from about 40 to maybe 50. LOL

[quote name='newmexicoNita']and that is one of the few fish, raw or cooked I can't do..I have eaten the Oysters when at a cocktail parties in DC back in the 80s. It just seemed to be the thing to do. Then I grew up and realized I didn't have to do everything the others were doing. I think the growing up comes when you go from about 40 to maybe 50. LOL[/quote]

OH I hope not!!! just hit the 5-O in February!!!!:eek:

Yes, for people who have problem with texture (like my DH) Raw (or cooked) shellfish may not be something they want to try.

(But it just slides down so easy!!!!!:D)

Archived