Search for Family of 5

asylum575

Does anyone know of a site that would identify cruise ships that can accomodate 5 to a cabin?

Are there any websites with the # of travelers as a searchable item?

I've noticed most sites ask the # of passengers after the cruise is selected.

While most ships do have cabins for a family of 5, they generally can't be booked online...you need to pick the cruiseline you like, and call them on the phone...the representative can help you find the perfect cabin.

Check prices for both a "family" suite, and 2 connecting cabins....many times, the 2 connecting will be a better bargain. Don't worry, there's a doorway that connects both rooms, so you'll be closer to the kids than you probably are at home, when everyone is in their own bedrooms. Gives you 2 bathrooms and a bit of privacy which can be important on a cruise...cruises are sexy!

All of the Carnival Fantasy class ships can accommodate 5 in a cabin. Coast Guard regulations say that a ship cannot put five in a cabin that was not specifically built for that. the grandfathered in ships built in 2000 and before. Plus the Carnival Dream has some cabins for five, with two bathrooms. EM

Here is where a TA can help, even an online TA ;)

Does anyone know of a site that would identify cruise ships that can accomodate 5 to a cabin?

I don't know of any sites that list cabins by the number of passengers. However, the following ships have cabins that sleep five or more ...

The Carnival Fantasy class (eight ships) can sleep five by adding a roll-a-way bed.

The Disney ships have cabins that sleep five.

Royal Caribbean have several ships with family sized cabins.

Only the most expensive cabins on NCL will sleep five.

Most cruise lines have connecting cabins (there is a private door between the two cabins) that will sleep five (between the two cabins).

The FV (Family Oceanview) on the Celebrity M and S classes can accomaodate 5. There are very comfortable and have amazing balconies.

My family (DH , me and 3 kiddos) love them!

ftzm2o.jpg

A glimpse inside the stateroom

4tvgoi.jpg

a tiny part of the balcony

Have fun

Kim

I have a family of 5. Like the PP said, once they give you the cost on a bigger room that sleeps 5, ask about connecting cabins. It is usually more cost effective than the room for 5 and you will have an additional bathroom. I have found by calling the cruiselines directly, they always give me the 5 ina room options (which causes sticker shock) and I have to specifically ask for connecting options. Good Luck. And CBatSea is correct, cruising is sexy! ;)

Princess has some 'family suites' that are basically two cabins linked together. They are the very most forward cabins, and ridiculously expensive. We always end up booking an outside (balcony or minisuite) and an inside across the hall, then using the minisuite as our home base. If you're going to do this though, book early, or you might not be able to get cabins close together.

Archived