Robocall today from Carnival--sailing Sunday

ShelleyQT

This afternoon I got a robo-call from Carnival regarding my upcoming cruise on the Splendor this Sunday. I was told that my "check-in time" is between 2:00 and 4:00, and we are not to show up at the terminal before 2:00.

This is my eleventh Carnival cruise and I've never before received such a call or even been told we couldn't arrive at the terminal before a certain time.

Especially since I'm a platinum member with VIP boarding, I'm surprised they would tell me this.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them? We're flying in to LA at 10:30, so we're certainly not planning to hang out at the airport for 3 hours before heading to the Carnival terminal. Besides, we want our yummy Carnival lunch. :p

Ignore it, everyone else does. I usually get them after Im to the port and staying in the hotel and they leave a message.

Lots get them, maybe in hopes that people would get to the port all at the same time?

Why do you care, one call cant have bothered you that much. Ignore it.

One reason they do that for the Splendor is it doesn't dock until 9am~I was in the first group to leave the ship and was driving away at 940~

We got there at noon on March 14 and there were still people leaving from the previous cruise~~ but that said we were in boarding zone 9, so nobody listens to those calls~ they won't turn you away if you go early!

This afternoon I got a robo-call from Carnival regarding my upcoming cruise on the Splendor this Sunday. I was told that my "check-in time" is between 2:00 and 4:00, and we are not to show up at the terminal before 2:00.

This is my eleventh Carnival cruise and I've never before received such a call or even been told we couldn't arrive at the terminal before a certain time.

Especially since I'm a platinum member with VIP boarding, I'm surprised they would tell me this.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them? We're flying in to LA at 10:30, so we're certainly not planning to hang out at the airport for 3 hours before heading to the Carnival terminal. Besides, we want our yummy Carnival lunch. :p

Yep Carnival called us prior to our sailing on the Splendor last year. Didn't do them much good as we were already in Long Beach and they left the message on our home answering machine :D My dh doesn't care what time they tell him to be there he's ready to get there at 9am which is exactly what we did :)

The robo-caller has no idea you are platinum. It COULD be programmed to call platinum folks with a different message, or to not call them at all, but I doubt the people at Carnival are that savvy. They just load the entire passenger manifest and robo-call away.

This is standard for the Splendor. It's a small port, and it can get VERY crowded in the tiny parking garage where you drop off luggage, and everything leaves and comes in at the same time.

If you get there super early, 9am, checkin in, then leave have breakfast, go shopping, and come back around noon, you'll be fine. The people that don't ARRIVE until noon to check in, have the longest waits!

Hey Shelley,

How come I haven't seen you in our roll call thread? :D Come on over.

Drama, :eek:Certainly not anything to get mad about. Very common, they started doing it last year.

I've (or someone in our group has) gotten the phone call for about 3-4 years now.

It's purely a crowd control issue.

We also got a call for our cruise this Saturday on Dream. They stated to arrive between one thirty and three thirty. Given that we sail at four, wouldn't that mean everyone must be through security by two thirty to allow for the ninety minute passenger manifest requirement of Homeland Security? If they enforce the ninety minute rule and passengers arrive when instructed, we'll be leaving people on the pier.

BTW, we're in Cape Canaveral already and are booked on the ten thirty shuttle from our hotel to the port. ;)

Archived