King's Wharf shuttle bus to Horseshoe Bay

judee142

I think I read that there is a direct shuttle bus from King's Wharf to the beach. Does anyone know when that service begins. We'll be arriving in Bermuda early afternoon on April 23 and I'd like to take that shuttle if available. Thanks for any replies.

We've seen the charter buses which run directly from King's Wharf to Horseshoe Bay Beach. They are usually around when the ship arrives. Personally we don't use them as they'll wait for the entire bus to be full before leaving. This could take a while depending on how many others are waiting with you. We prefer to take the #7 bus which doesn't wait until its full to leave. While it does make stops it wouldn't be too many in the early afternoon.

I think I read that there is a direct shuttle bus from King's Wharf to the beach. Does anyone know when that service begins. We'll be arriving in Bermuda early afternoon on April 23 and I'd like to take that shuttle if available. Thanks for any replies.

I would just take public transportation(the bus). Either buy the two or three day ferry/bus pass or just buy the round trip tokens there may be a wait when the entire ship off loads...(usually the morning) after that there should be very little wait and it is a nice (curvy)ride.....and very inexpensive.

I would just take public transportation(the bus). Either buy the two or three day ferry/bus pass or just buy the round trip tokens there may be a wait when the entire ship off loads...(usually the morning) after that there should be very little wait and it is a nice (curvy)ride.....and very inexpensive.

How long a ride is it? How frequently does the public bus run from Horseshoe Bay back to the pier? Thanks

How long a ride is it? How frequently does the public bus run from Horseshoe Bay back to the pier? Thanks

I think it is around 20 minutes.... and I never had to wait more than about fifteen minutes at the dock yard going to the beach. On the ride home I once waited around 30 minutes....but that was very unusual....because there had been a pedistrian struck and badly injured on a scooter. They add a lot of buses in the peak season to accomodate the cruise traffic.

• 2 months later...

We're a family of six, including a 2 year old. Are the buses kid-friendly? Will there be room for the stroller plus all the beach gear (towels, toys, snacks, etc)? (Traveling with kids is like Washington crossing the Delaware!)

Or am I better off using a taxi? There's also an excursion from the ship that might be convenient, but it's $25 per person.

Thanks,

Dianne

We're a family of six, including a 2 year old. Are the buses kid-friendly? Will there be room for the stroller plus all the beach gear (towels, toys, snacks, etc)? (Traveling with kids is like Washington crossing the Delaware!)

Or am I better off using a taxi? There's also an excursion from the ship that might be convenient, but it's $25 per person.

Thanks,

Dianne

Can't say if they are acturally kid friendly but some of them have an area at the front of the bus to put stollers. They are not real roomy and depending on what time of day you're travelling, they can be crowded. There are some seats at the front of the bus that are parallel to the sides which offer more room but you need to be careful not to have things get in the way of people boarding.

Thanks,

Dianne

I think the buses are kid/family friendly. They were nice buses in decent shape. Just as nice as Disney buses but maybe not as long.

I definitely would NOT do the ship excursion for $25pp (rip off) when the buses are so easy, nice and cheap to use. :)

I think the buses are kid/family friendly. They were nice buses in decent shape. Just as nice as Disney buses but maybe not as long.

I definitely would NOT do the ship excursion for $25pp (rip off) when the buses are so easy, nice and cheap to use. :)

And the ship excursion is on the same buses......

With a family of six I would take a taxi. That will be a lot easier than either the public bus or the shp excursions chartered bus.

Thanks,

Dianne

buses are not kid friendly. They aren't stroller friendly either. A cab will cost about $30-5(cabs charge more for 5-6 people then for 4) for all including the kids. Getting a cab from the Dockyards isn't that easy as they are sometimes all set for tours and aren't that plentiful. I find it easier to catch them by the clocktower-take the shuttle bus there). As for getting back there are almost always cabs lined up...

PS the bus drivers will want you to be dry clothes for the trip back. Its a long way from the road where the bus stops to the actual beach-unless there is a jitney running $2pp...which I always take back up when taking the bus...

anyone know how much a cab from king's wharf to horshoe bay beach is? we are 2 people traveling. Also, does the cab take you right to the beach or do you have to walk or look for a jittany.

if you go to horshoe bay can you rent chairs and walk to all the other beaches from there through all the coves?

thanks

Actually, we recently answered the same question about the fare. I would estimate the fare between $20.00 and $35.00, for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel, and excluding the tip. You could read the entire thread here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1206410 to see how the fare estimate is arrived at.

The taxi will drop you in the parking lot close to the concession stand buildings. You can rent chairs at the concession stand.

At the northeast end of HSB, you will find paths that connect these beaches: Horseshoe Bay, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay. I believe the distance from first to last is less than a mile.

SBtS

anyone know how much a cab from king's wharf to horshoe bay beach is? we are 2 people traveling. Also, does the cab take you right to the beach or do you have to walk or look for a jittany.

if you go to horshoe bay can you rent chairs and walk to all the other beaches from there through all the coves?

thanks

It will be about $35 for the cab. They drop off behind the facilities which are on the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas. Ten for each and a ten dollar deposit each that is returned. Facing the ocean going to the left you can walk to other beaches. Depending on the tide you might have to hike up a bit and back down at some spots.

thanks

A cab will drop you right by the concession/bathhouse.

The Jitney is a van that works by going up and down by the main road(near the bus stop) and the bathhouse.

You can rent the chairs/umbrellas at the concession area just before the beach it self and walk anywhere you want to. With kids you won't want to walk far from the bathhouse(with bathrooms) that aren't at the other beaches.

• 8 years later...
All of the posts are from a few years ago. Anyone know what the cost of the jitney is now. And is the $16 round trip shuttle from kings Warf to horseshoe beach still accurate?

This thread you reactivated is old and outdated but if peruse the Bermuda forum you will find lots of current information. It is best to come straight to the Bermuda forum here instead of googling or whatever and posting to an eight year old thread.

The minibus shuttle fare is no longer $16 a round trip. That was only one year a few years ago. Instead the minibus shuttles charge $7 each way. The $16 round trip was a ticket which included a beverage at Frog and Onion although most probably didn’t notice that and redeem for the beverage. So in my opinion the $7 each way is better. Just pay the driver $7 cash for each trip when you get off. ( a few take credit cards but you can’t count on that). Currently this is the best way to get to Horseshoe in my opinion. From the dock to the bottom of the hill and on the return from the bottom of the hill to the Dock.

Edited by Charles4515