Help for a newbie.

Cristallo

My husband and I are thinking about booking the Norwegian Dawn 5-Day Western Caribbean cruise. I grew up in the Eastern Caribbean so we wanted to try someplace else.

Neither of us has ever been been on a cruise so we wanted to know everyone thoughts on this particular cruise. Would you recommend it for first time cruisers? We are thinking about cabin category BA and wondered if it's worth the price?

Any other thoughts or comments would be GREATLY appreciated.

My husband and I are thinking about booking the Norwegian Dawn 5-Day Western Caribbean cruise. I grew up in the Eastern Caribbean so we wanted to try someplace else.

Neither of us has ever been been on a cruise so we wanted to know everyone thoughts on this particular cruise. Would you recommend it for first time cruisers? We are thinking about cabin category BA and wondered if it's worth the price?

Any other thoughts or comments would be GREATLY appreciated.

Yea, if you like warm weather, a Western Caribbean cruise would be a great first cruise. I've been on an Eastern, Southern, and Western Caribbean cruise and I have to say, not much difference, with exception of the Panama Canal.

I a BA worth the price, never stayed in anything higer than an OV. The worth is relative to what you are willing to spend, and how much room you want or need to have.

Enjoy your trip, it will be what you make it to be.:D

Since this is your first cruise, any cabin will do. When you have been on several cruises you may decide you will be happy with an inside cabin or won't be happy unless you have a suite... Only time will tell... I will say many are very happy with a balcony cabin.

I enjoy any itinerary, from Canada, Alaska, eastern Caribbean, western Caribbean, and/or western Mexico. You may get hooked with cruises, in my opinion cruises are the best value vacations. You may end up doing European cruises.

GET THE BALCONY if its in your budget- especially for a romantic occasion.

We spend A LOT of time on the balcony- and people that might tell you it doesnt matter, dont have a balcony to spend time on ;)

Make sure and factor in the daily service charge- it will add $120 to your cost.

I have been to the Western Caribbean, and you will have lots to do at the ports!

Since this is your first cruise, any cabin will do. When you have been on several cruises you may decide you will be happy with an inside cabin or won't be happy unless you have a suite... Only time will tell... I will say many are very happy with a balcony cabin.

I enjoy any itinerary, from Canada, Alaska, eastern Caribbean, western Caribbean, and/or western Mexico. You may get hooked with cruises, in my opinion cruises are the best value vacations. You may end up doing European cruises.

While my first cruise was an inside cabin, if I have had a chance to test drive a balcony before I booked...balcony hands down. While the Caribbean can all sorta look the same as mentioned above, the views, sounds and breezes in your balcony are the same too...superb! Been on the Dawn twice, liked it both times.

Have fun.

WTG with getting a balcony. You will love it!

I've had bay window, port hole, balconies and have now gotten into

aft penthouse. We can never go back.

When is your anniversary cruise??

BTW, did you get any OBC?

We're going on the Dawn Nov 28-Dec 3. And we didn't get any OBC.

Ditto on getting the romance package!!!!! It's the best deal ever! and be sure to join your roll call. great way to meet people and immediately feel comfortable and like you have friends on the ship!

We're going on the Dawn Nov 28-Dec 3. And we didn't get any OBC.

Oh, I thought they still had the promo going but I see its just for suites/villas.

Sorry.

You can always try TROPICANA.COM and try for $50 OBC from them.

Oh, I thought they still had the promo going but I see its just for suites/villas.

Sorry.

You can always try TROPICANA.COM and try for $50 OBC from them.

Well we got upgraded to BA from BD so I guess that's something and we're loading up on the Tropicana to get the points.

Well we got upgraded to BA from BD so I guess that's something and we're loading up on the Tropicana to get the points.

I see that that is the special right now ,,, free upgrade from BD to BA.

Good for you.

Nothin' like the balcony...Could never be w/o. One of our favorite times is LATE at night when all is quiet, all the lights are out and we gaze at the stars and moon on our balcony...especially in the Caribbean, or Mx...as the night air is so warm. We sit in our jammies and take the sound of the ship gliding through the water, stars, moon and smells of the sea all in...Wonderful...;)

Archived