Are felons allowed to cruise?

ssatterly

The OP asked one question, someone else stated their case of a individual being arrested for not having valid insurance.

These two examples are getting mixed up and people are not answering the OP. Yes, I have read ALL 10 pages of this nonsense without seeing the OP get the answer she needed:eek::eek::eek:.

Way, way back the OP was told to check with the authorities involved and the felons lawyer. No one on this board could possibly have a better answer.

Did you see my cat? :confused:

I saw him.

He was trying to get across the border into Canada. But he was refused entry because he had a felony conviction.

Seems he was once arrested for burglery.

get it.....cat burgler *LOL*

I am sorry ...it's been a long day :(

I saw him.

He was trying to get across the border into Canada. But he was refused entry because he had a felony conviction.

him???

:eek::eek:

I saw him.

lol not bad dude :p

Is this a serious question? If so, why in the world would you hang out with and pay for a felon? Family or not, I would never.

WOW!!!:( Did you ever consider that maybe you do hang out with a felon, and you just don't know??? The range of crimes considered felonies is HUGE!!! Personally, I have a cousin who pretty much went to H*ll and back before he cleaned up his act and anyone who is a new friend of his is always shocked when he tells of his past...which he is quite open with. Apparently, you and those in your circle of family and friends have lived a perfect life. Geez!!!:(

These two examples are getting mixed up and people are not answering the OP. Yes, I have read ALL 10 pages of this nonsense without seeing the OP get the answer she needed:eek::eek::eek:.

Well, if you've read all 10 pages, then you surely know she certainly HAS received the answer she needed. A majority say her family member certainly can cruise, and a few have stated it depends upon the crime, the terms of his release, and the locations to which they would be traveling. Which then means that the ONLY correct answer is this one:

Way, way back the OP was told to check with the authorities involved and the felons lawyer. No one on this board could possibly have a better answer.

I have to wonder if, on a foreign-flagged vessel, that any restrictions imposed by a US court would apply at sea. I have heard about people being arrested in the US for violating a US law while they were abroad ("sex tourism" comes to mind) but I don't think a foreign-flagged vessel is concerned with enforcing US laws.

They do have to comply with US and international laws but the cruise line probably does not employ law enforcement personnel. The ship's security staff is there to protect the passengers and the ship, but they are not there to be cops. They don't bring you before a judge - they always turn cases over to the real cops as soon as they can.

Archived