What if any perks for having a J suite?

HdGdanceMom's reply makes me wonder in the world RCCL or any cruiseline determines who gets an upgrade. First ever on RCL and they get upgraded. I am really doing something wrong.

She said they upgraded, not got upgraded. Of course I could be reading that wrong :)

###

JUST to PUT them ALL in ONE POST:

Junior Suite Enhancements:

Two cruise credits

Tea and coffee service en-suite

Terry bathrobes (for use on board)

Bathroom amenities

Walk-In Closet

A Bathtub NOT a Shower Stall in the Bathroom

Suite check-in line @ embarkation

Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

JUST to PUT them ALL in ONE POST:

Junior Suite Enhancements:

Two cruise credits

Tea and coffee service en-suite

Terry bathrobes (for use on board)

Bathroom amenities

Walk-In Closet

A Bathtub NOT a Shower Stall in the Bathroom

Suite check-in line @ embarkation

Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Special waiting area along with full suites in some embarkation terminals i.e. Port Canaveral has a special seating area in the center of the terminal. Priority boarding even before D+s not in JS and above.

Special waiting area along with full suites in some embarkation terminals i.e. Port Canaveral has a special seating area in the center of the terminal. Priority boarding even before D+s not in JS and above.

I have herd that SOMETIMES those in JS's WILL also be allowed in Suite check-in line

Sorry, don't mean to upset the frequent cruisers!

We booked our cruise actually the last week of March (2 weeks ago?) and for what we wanted to spend, we could get the D2 balcony. We debated that vs the Ocean view, but the small, small, small size of the Oceanview made us choose the D2 (balcony) instead. So we called Direct Line Curises and they got us a D2.

My husband checked online just a few days ago, and the price dropped ALOT for this cruise. So I called the TA, and told them that looking online, I found we could now have a Junior Suite for LESS than what I was paying for the balcony! Since we were 78 days out of our cruise date, I mentioned I could just cancel and rebook and not lose anything. Plus get a higher suite for way less $$.

She called RCCL and called me right back. We were given a JS, and $150 back on our credit card for the difference as well. I thought we'd just get an onboard credit, but they refunded the amount. :confused:

If its any consolation, we cruised with Disney 5 times now, and NEVER have seen an upgrade, but always hear of people getting them!

Again, sorry for upsetting the seasoned vets. Not my intention!

Thanks for the info, you guys are great!

We booked our cruise actually the last week of March (2 weeks ago?) and for what we wanted to spend, we could get the D2 balcony. We debated that vs the Ocean view, but the small, small, small size of the Oceanview made us choose the D2 (balcony) instead. So we called Direct Line Curises and they got us a D2.

My husband checked online just a few days ago, and the price dropped ALOT for this cruise. So I called the TA, and told them that looking online, I found we could now have a Junior Suite for LESS than what I was paying for the balcony! Since we were 78 days out of our cruise date, I mentioned I could just cancel and rebook and not lose anything. Plus get a higher suite for way less $$.

She called RCCL and called me right back. We were given a JS, and $150 back on our credit card for the difference as well. I thought we'd just get an onboard credit, but they refunded the amount. :confused:

If its any consolation, we cruised with Disney 5 times now, and NEVER have seen an upgrade, but always hear of people getting them!

No one was upset. Relax. Just another CC discussion.

As for the credit..............

It's simple.

Before final payment = money back on credit card

After final payment = OBC

:)

Also, (sorry) can you guys tell me what the Silver Pass is, and what the benefit is to the 2 cruise credits? Seriously, not trying to be dumb here, but really we have only done Disney, so I could tell you a billion things about that line, but nothing about RCCL!!

I am excited about the tub, since we have 2 small children. I'm sure the other perks will be awesome as well.

There isn't a suite attendent/concierge though, right? I didn't want to get into all that, just the standard Room Steward is great.:)

I have herd that SOMETIMES those in JS's WILL also be allowed in Suite check-in line

When you print your SetSail Pass, if you are booked in a JS it will say "SUITE" in the circle, which will allow you to go in the line marked for suite quests.

Just a FYI since you are relatively new to Cruise Critic......Mentioning a specific travel agency by name is not allowed when posting. So if this post goes poof you will know why.;):)

HdGDancemom - We have people on out July 29th thread doing the same thing. They dropped the price of the JS to below what they were paying for balconies.

When we sailed from Baltimore last year there was not a separate waiting area for suites. Everyone waited in the same room. Suite passengers (I don't know if that included the JS or not - I think it did) did have a separate check-in line. We were boarded immediately after a wedding party and before D+ (I only remember this because one woman was causing quite the scene because she was D+ and having to wait). My daughter commented that it wasn't like the ship was going anywhere in the next 10 minutes or that we were going to take up all the overhead compartment space! Everyone waited in the same initial security screening line - the separate line started at the check-in. This could have changed since last July but wanted to let you know our experiences.

I love cruising out of Baltimore - we need more variety in the itineraries!!

Also, (sorry) can you guys tell me what the Silver Pass is, and what the benefit is to the 2 cruise credits? Seriously, not trying to be dumb here, but really we have only done Disney, so I could tell you a billion things about that line, but nothing about RCCL!!

I am excited about the tub, since we have 2 small children. I'm sure the other perks will be awesome as well.

There isn't a suite attendent/concierge though, right? I didn't want to get into all that, just the standard Room Steward is great.:)

Disney Cruise Lines must have a loyalty program, right?

Well, Royal Caribbean's is called the Crown & Anchor Society.

As you cruise, you accumulate cruise credits. One per cruise, but you can get another cruise credit for the same cruise if you sail in a JS or larger. You can get another cruise credit if your cruise is 12 (?) nights or longer.

After one completed cruise, you are Gold.

After your 5th completed cruise credit, you are Platinum.

After your 10th completed cruise credit, you are Diamond.

After your 24th completed cruise credit, you are Diamond Plus.

Various "goodies" are available at each level.

Complete information on RC's website: http://www.rccl.com

And yes, you have a 'regular' cabin attendant. No butler service or anything like that on any RC ship.

You also don't get access to the Concierge Lounge for the JS.

But you get a great cabin for your RC cruise!

Oh,and the Silver Pass means NOTHING. It means that your SeaPass card will be silver colored instead of standard buff.

Thanks guys, first, I will go back and change that on the PP. Don't want to be in trouble already!

Yes, Disney has the Castaway Club. Just changed it this year to Silver/Gold/Platnium. We were booked on our 5th cruise, so we were Gold. (Think there might be a bronze for your first trip, then silver. Platnium is for 10 or more. Gives you priority booking of excursions, Palo (the adult restaurant) and spa bookings. Also to high tea, etc. Any of the Castaway club members get a free gift in the room on boarding. And get a separate line in check in. But that line is for anyone who has cruised with Disney, so its starting to get long! :o

There really isn't otherwise a difference. Same seats in the theater, same seats at the pools. No specific lounge or dining area. That is the same for all whether you are inside on deck 2 or in the Royal Suite (there are only 2 of those) up on 8.

Concierge only for Royal and the 1 and 2 bedroom suites, which only totals about 8 suites.

Thanks for the info guys!

We booked our cruise actually the last week of March (2 weeks ago?) and for what we wanted to spend, we could get the D2 balcony. We debated that vs the Ocean view, but the small, small, small size of the Oceanview made us choose the D2 (balcony) instead. So we called ***** and they got us a D2.

Trying to get rid of the "inappropriate" name I posted! Sorry!

Archived