money no credit card

smudgie

Hi again Smudgie.

I dont use CC's either.

On other cruises- we had paid cash to the pusers office when boarding and that was fine.

I contact Princess last week and they advised me that they would happy to accept a cash deposit to your OB account when boarding. thay also stated the required depost is $300 pp.

Elaine

Of course they'll take cash :D. I don't know anywhere in the world that wouldn't take cash. Then at the end of the cruise, you'll get back the difference - also in cash. On my last cruise I paid $500 as onboard credit. When I closed out my account, the last night of the cruise, I got back about $150 - in cash.

• 2 months later...

I am thinking about this for my July Alaska cruise. Normally, when checking in, if a card is used, they will take the card and run it through. Is this the time I would say that I want to put cash into my account instead of using a credit card? Just trying to understand when I would actually put the cash into my account. Sounds like I could gift myself the cash or I can do it at check in when boarding the ship. Would this be accurate?

Dan

Of course they'll take cash :D. I don't know anywhere in the world that wouldn't take cash. Then at the end of the cruise, you'll get back the difference - also in cash. On my last cruise I paid $500 as onboard credit. When I closed out my account, the last night of the cruise, I got back about $150 - in cash.

Airlines are going cashless for onboard purchases.

I am thinking about this for my July Alaska cruise. Normally, when checking in, if a card is used, they will take the card and run it through. Is this the time I would say that I want to put cash into my account instead of using a credit card? Just trying to understand when I would actually put the cash into my account. Sounds like I could gift myself the cash or I can do it at check in when boarding the ship. Would this be accurate?

At checkin you say that will will give a cash deposit instead of a credit card, but you do not give the money to the checkin people.

Once you get on board, go to the Purser's desk and give them the cash to put on your account.

You can gift yourself with onboard cash if you do not want to carry cash or traveler's checks with you as you travel to the ship.

At checkin you say that will will give a cash deposit instead of a credit card, but you do not give the money to the checkin people.

Once you get on board, go to the Purser's desk and give them the cash to put on your account.

You can gift yourself with onboard cash if you do not want to carry cash or traveler's checks with you as you travel to the ship.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply!

here is a question, I do not have a credit card, and want to pay with cash on the ship, do you think they will take that or my debit card?

We only use our credit card for the "hold" but go down the night before the last day and pay the entire balance with our debit card and nothing is charged to the credit card. We do this because if we use our debit card, the holds are really large and usually they freeze the debit card for further purchases during the cruise in the ports.

Dan

Actually you can do either/both.

Great info thanks a lot. I will give myself 300 - 500 OBC. Give a Credit card at check in and just pay with my debit card at end of cruise (checking half way through as I plan on buying some Lancome) This is such a relief to know. Thanks again.

Ter

Archived