Perry Grant

dailydouble

I thought Perry had a house in Ft. Lauderdale (in a gated community:) ) and started his season on a TA from there.

Im on the June 9 cruise and looking forward to Perry Grant. I hope he is there. Just love his show.....

I'm on the June 9 cruise and looking forward to Perry Grant. I hope he is there. Just love his show.....

Perry is on board right now and he is always happy to please an enthusiastic audience.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I, along with friends, sailed with Perry (not Celebrity anymore) in December and we all were soon under his spell! (And we were not drinking either.) In fact, we were in Mexico the next month following our cruise with Perry and the ship we sailed on in December was in port. We could hardly stand that we were in the same spot and couldn't see him. Unexpectidly, as we were walking on the marina, we saw Perry! We went over and cautiously spoke with him. He was so wonderful and appreciative (so he said anyway) that we did come over to speak with him. Certainly you either love him or do not appreciate his work but isn't that true of all entertainers? My mom hated Elvis...

My issue is how do we find out where he will be so we can book our next cruise and be assured we will have the opportunity to enjoy his shows.

As to Perry posting to generate interest..from my experience he has enough interest that he would not need to generate any on his own. In my opinion, he is an amazing entertainer and I can hardly wait to see him again....and again, and again.:)

My issue is how do we find out where he will be so we can book our next cruise and be assured we will have the opportunity to enjoy his shows.

Perry is on board Constellation right now and will be at least until Dec. 4th., the end of his current contract. However I have heard that he is no longer performing on the stage in the theatre due to a corporate decision. Whether this decision will lead to his leaving Celebrity for another cruise line will be of much interest to those fans who sail on Celebrity BECAUSE Perry is on board.

... but I think it bears repeating.

In December, on an east-bound Panama Canal cruise, something very sad was reported during a Perry performance in Michael's Club. Let me tell all of you who don't know it:

Perry does serious absolutely equally as well as he does funny. Even whoever it is that doesn't think he was funny (who here didn't see ... you're kidding me, right?) would agree that he does serious with the best of them.

Thank you, Perry -- for being Perry!!!

Perry is on board Constellation right now and will be at least until Dec. 4th., the end of his current contract. However I have heard that he is no longer performing on the stage in the theatre due to a corporate decision. Whether this decision will lead to his leaving Celebrity for another cruise line will be of much interest to those fans who sail on Celebrity BECAUSE Perry is on board.

Being Perry's big fans, we don't care if he performs in the theater as long he performs in the Michael's club. It would not be a good decision on the part of X.

Interesting first post. I think Perry Grant starts these posts to drum up interest.

I will take on the critic part of my name and give my critique. Personally, I went to one of his shows sometime about 2005 and found him obnoxious. He insulted the passengers. I felt bad for the people he taunted and I am surprised the cruise line continues to put up with this. Maybe once you have had 3 drinks you find this funny.

I guess the thing I should have done was write a letter to the cruise line, but why waste my time.

As a long time cruise critic, I see these posts about Perry Grant pop up occasionally. So don't be fooled into thinking this was a random post by someone whose seen him, and is looking forward to seeing him again.

I have friends that go to his show every night on the Connie. I don't think he starts these posts. There are many, many people who really like him.

There are people who only cruise on the Connie when he is going to be there.

If Perry leaves Celebrity, they will loose hundred or so people on every Connie sailing. If he will not be on Connie next spring, I am for one, will cancel the cruise I booked, since entertainment on X is not that great.

Right then, my great-great grandmother might have known his repetoire- and I very much enjoyed Perry's shows on our Connie trips. His silly sense of humor and comedic timing were great entertainment for me, and I am waaaaaaaaaay out of his demographic, lol.

An anecdote- DH and I caught his eye, he was so excited that we lived in the Caribbean that my DH was chosen to light the BIG lamp, we chuckled all night and were hailed by fellow PG fans the rest of the cruise for that small onstage antic.

No entertainer suits everyone, but I remain a fan and hope Perry Grant returns to his rightful spot.

I have booked a third cruise on Constellation for Feb 2011. Just because of Perry Grant. If for some reason he is not scheduled to be onboard, I will cancel. Celebrity would be well served by making sure he is at his piano or on stage with a good contract. He is so very talented and wonderful to his audiences. Come on Celebrity, take care of your best entertainment asset!!

I find your post interesting. I have seen Perry more than once and I think he is a great entertainer. If you go to his show, there will always be "speciality performers" that will appear on board, at his show. It shows he is an entertainers/entertainer. Having spent some time in that line of work, I know how hard it is to get "UP" for every performance. Perry pulls it off. The nice thing about Celebrity is, there are plenty of other thing to do on your voyage. Enjoy, what you care to enjoy. Smile, lifes too short.

I hope somebody from the Entertaining department of X read these boards and realize how much Perry is popular and loved among the cruisers and would not make a mistake by letting him go. A lot of people will follow Perry and X will loose.

Perry was without doubt the best entertainer onboard Constellation for the past three times I was onboard.

I would have thought that Celebrity would not want to loose the bar revenue that he generates in Michael's every night he performs.

Archived