Boarding Ventura

Shellzbellz

We sail on the Ventura in August and have a really early morning flight to Southampton. We have quite a large party incuding 1 person in a wheelchair, 1 on a cane and a baby. For practical purposes I think we will need to go straight to the port from the airport.

My question is, how can we kill a couple of hours at the port? We will probably get there for around 9 am.

If the weather's nice, perhaps a sit-down in Mayflower park? You'll be able to enjoy the comings and goings around Town Quay, together with any other activity on the water. As far as I can see, Ventura is supposed to be sailing from Ocean Terminal for all her August sailings, which isn't too far away. (Although with all your luggage & the people in your party, you'll still need a taxi round to the terminal.)

Depending on the mobility needs of your party, West Quays shopping centre is really good and very close to the port.

I would second the shopping centre. Just a stones throw away and enough to entertain for a couple of hours.

I would second the shopping centre. Just a stones throw away and enough to entertain for a couple of hours.

Of course this would be a two taxi job. but you would need to do something like this as there is little to do at the port untill boarding starts at 12.00.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

Hanging round the airport is a good idea - I don't know why I didn't think of that. I really don't think we will be able to drag all the people and the luggage anywhere. We can just stick all the luggage on trolleys and go get breakfast in the airport. Sorted

A group of us meeting for the Azura naming met in the lounge of the Holiday Inn before boarding- of course, we bought coffees and eventually, sandwiches. It's right on the docks, opposite the Mayflower park, but too far to haul luggage.

I'd agree- stay at the airport and use the facilities there, then taxi right to the ship.

Jo.

I would probably go to a decent hotel in Southampton and make yourself comfortable in the comfy seats in their foyer for a few hours. Read the newspapers, drink some coffee and relax.

If you are buying coffee and snacks and not being a nuisance most hotels don't mind, I do it all the time when killing time on my business travels.

Archived