It's Official John Heald is ignoring the West Coast again.

Chacooe

So.....another way of putting that is you thought you might feel bad about feeling bad so you don't feel bad anymore:confused:

Actually, I don't really feel anything. I like to keep myself in a constant state of numbness. Life works better that way.

Not really. I almost feel bad, but ultimately don't because I stopped short of making fun of his kid's musical tastes. In fact, I feel pretty danged good for showing some restraint.

Actually, it was better than the other two things I took her to, before taking her to a real concert. :o

And the Spirit is only there half the year...... so full time is only 2.

The other half of the year the Spirit cruises Alaska, our 49th state and last time I checked Alaska is on the west side of North America. The Ensenada to Hawaii cruises Spirit makes are on the west side of the street, too. ;)

Much like you folks on the West Coast those of us who count Galveston as our home port are disappointed as well.

When I sailed with John on the Dream last November his intent was to be on the Conquest September 26 of this year for the Blogger's cruise and, of course, that didn't come to pass.

I sent John an email addressing this thread, in addition to several other things and I got a response that y'all might be interested in...

The west coast need not worry ! I will announce something soon mate.

I will let you know about your gracious offer very soon.

--------------------------Written on my raspberry, sorry about any spalling mastikes.

So, I don't know what Miami has in mind but y'all need to know that John has pretty much no control over his schedule. He expresses his wants and then corporate in Miami tells him what his wants really are.

West Coast... standby! Maybe the Magic? Dunno...

:)

the other half of the year the spirit cruises alaska, our 49th state and last time i checked alaska is on the west side of north america. The ensenada to hawaii cruises spirit makes are on the west side of the street, too. ;)

lmao!!! :d

It's the three-hour time difference flying East. When you dock on Sunday morning in California, you can't really book a flight out of LAX until early afternoon, which is late afternoon Eastern time. If you have to change planes, you may not be able to get back to your home airport that same evening. We'd be a lot safer waiting until Monday morning to fly home, but that means taking another vacation day and a missed school day for the kids. End result: for now at least, we've decided to skip California cruises.

Like Chacooe mentioned.......no difference.....West Coast peole can't simply hop on a plane and catch the ship in the same day.......unless they take a red eye out the night before;)

I saw Celine Dion in Vegas a couple of years back....and I cried....

Out of joy or frustration that you couldn't leave the room fast enough?

(I kid, I kid. Not a Celine Dion fan. Totally respect those that like her.)

Don't blame John when the fact is...the West coast can't produce....

With all due respect Linda, from one member of Ed's Krewe to another, a little harsh. How do you know the West Coast couldn't produce? :confused: And this isn't the first time I've seen you throw West Coast sailings under the bus.

Is it really that serious?

If it truly means that much to you, fly to the port.

Well, the people on the East Coast can do just the same thing too :)

It's not sour grapes; those of us who live on the West Coast would love to not have to ALWAYS be the ones doing the flying that's all!! :o

With all due respect Linda, from one member of Ed's Krewe to another, a little harsh. How do you know the West Coast couldn't produce? :confused: And this isn't the first time I've seen you throw West Coast sailings under the bus.

blogger warz :eek:

Flying into LAX is easy (assuming the weather cooperates in February), but flying home on Sunday - and needing to be back at work and kids back to school on Monday - is difficult. It's much easier for folks east of the Mississippi to get to Florida than LAX.

It's the same for us West Coast folks too!

blogger warz :eek:

No war here...just a legitimate question. :confused:

I have no problem traveling for a Blogger's cruise but the same ports over and over get a little boring. Many of John's followers are avid cruisers and I wonder how they don't get tired of the same ports? That's why I'm hoping the Miracle sailing is selected. Even the Mexican ports would be a nice change of pace but many of John's followers won't/can't fly for one reason or another.

I am about to embark on my 12th Carnival Cruise and John Heald has never bothered to come and be the CD on any of my cruises...

I think he is disprespecting me and my wife..

I guess if he does not show up on my next cruise, I will just have to start considering other options...(but, definitley NCL which had some 70 year old woman who bored me to a point I would never consider NCL again.)

For Friggin sakes...John Heald is a Cruise Director...

I have had some good CD's and some very poor ones... (and one who was rotten one time and great the next.)

Well for one thing I can't fly, and two, why don't his east coast bloggers come to the west coast for one cruise.

Because from Dallas I can fly 3 hours to Orlando for $315 but to get to Long Beach I have over 10 hours with 2 connections and it costs $709. So you can imagine how much more it would cost his east coast bloggers.

Because from Dallas I can fly 3 hours to Orlando for $315 but to get to Long Beach I have over 10 hours with 2 connections and it costs $709. So you can imagine how much more it would cost his east coast bloggers.

What? 10 hours and 2 connections? We fly to Dallas and Houston non stop from Ontario......Calif. that is:D LMAO......there are several airports in the area..........

We are flying non stop to Miami from LAX for $230 round trip........same price from Miami.......

All this over a cruise director? You can't be serious.

I have read the guys blog and he seems to be a know it all. Likes to make jokes about passengers on board the ship and talks about his bowel movements. Sounds like a riot to me.:rolleyes:

Is this guy supposed to be the second coming of Christ or something?

Umm, or you could pay $300 to fly for 3.5 hours nonstop to get to LAX. ;)

Even connecting and flying to LGB (though I don't know why you'd do that) only costs $350 and takes about 5 hours from DFW.

Fly into LAX (I've never experienced the hassle people make it out to be) and you won't be paying $700. Super Shuttle is something like $30 to the port. :)

Heck, it's not even $500 for me to fly into San Juan for our next cruise.

Archived