It's Official John Heald is ignoring the West Coast again.

Chacooe

Much like you folks on the West Coast those of us who count Galveston as our home port are disappointed as well.

When I sailed with John on the Dream last November his intent was to be on the Conquest September 26 of this year for the Blogger's cruise and, of course, that didn't come to pass.

I sent John an email addressing this thread, in addition to several other things and I got a response that y'all might be interested in...

The west coast need not worry ! I will announce something soon mate.

I will let you know about your gracious offer very soon.

--------------------------Written on my raspberry, sorry about any spalling mastikes.

So, I don't know what Miami has in mind but y'all need to know that John has pretty much no control over his schedule. He expresses his wants and then corporate in Miami tells him what his wants really are.

West Coast... standby! Maybe the Magic? Dunno...

:)

I think he was referring to his schedule. I still think he will be CD on a ship on the west coast sometime this fall....maybe after it returns from Hawaii.

As for the bloggers cruise, I believe John has some input but headquarters makes the decision on when and where. IMHO

I think he was referring to his schedule. I still think he will be CD on a ship on the west coast sometime this fall....maybe after it returns from Hawaii.

As for the bloggers cruise, I believe John has some input but headquarters makes the decision on when and where. IMHO

Of course he has input. His input was the Conquest at the end of September of 2010 and you can see what became of that.

Bottom line, as Brand Ambassador, they put John where they want him. That's why I always caution folks that even though John may be scheduled with them on a voyage that it may not necessarily happen...

I'm speculating that it's Splendor. He responded to someone's question yesterday about the Spirit and he had said Stuart Dunn would be their CD. I think the person was sailing in the fall..??

I'm speculating that it's Splendor. He responded to someone's question yesterday about the Spirit and he had said Stuart Dunn would be their CD. I think the person was sailing in the fall..??

Stuart is on the Spirit now.........

Much like you folks on the West Coast those of us who count Galveston as our home port are disappointed as well.

When I sailed with John on the Dream last November his intent was to be on the Conquest September 26 of this year for the Blogger's cruise and, of course, that didn't come to pass.

I sent John an email addressing this thread, in addition to several other things and I got a response that y'all might be interested in...

The west coast need not worry ! I will announce something soon mate.

I will let you know about your gracious offer very soon.

--------------------------Written on my raspberry, sorry about any spalling mastikes.

So, I don't know what Miami has in mind but y'all need to know that John has pretty much no control over his schedule. He expresses his wants and then corporate in Miami tells him what his wants really are.

West Coast... standby! Maybe the Magic? Dunno...

I am curious to find out what will be announced soon!

Right, thanks for pointing that out. I won't book until I hear more, but it would make sense as Carnival Corp thinks he needs to "christen" all the new ships. I say give someone else a chance, particularly in Europe!!!

They did. John wasn't the first cruise director of the Dream.

Originally Posted by Jolimont viewpost.gif

Right, thanks for pointing that out. I won't book until I hear more, but it would make sense as Carnival Corp thinks he needs to "christen" all the new ships. I say give someone else a chance, particularly in Europe!!!

They did. John wasn't the first cruise director of the Dream.

Only because John declined due to the birth of his daughter last year and he wanted to spend some time with her and not have the added responsibility of bringing out a new ship last year.

New ships have lots of kinks to work out during the few months or so. They need an experienced CD onboard when these problems arise. When the Dream had problems docking in San Juan in December, it was John and not Todd, the official CD of that cruise that made the explanations on the Morning Show. Todd sat beside him a little befuddled. This magnified the importance of having a good CD.

Mach, on behalf of CC posters, I'd to thank you for bringing concerns from CC to John's attention immediately. The one thing I find frustrating about his blog is that sometimes concerns are not addressed for 3 weeks or more due to the popularity of his blog and therefore is backed up with his replies and also due to the fact that he has many many other responsibilities as a CD and the brand ambassador. Because you can email him and your willingness to do so, you have brought this concern and many others to his immediate attention. Thank you for being proactive and all that you do for CC readers and posters.:D

Disclaimer: I follow John's blog, but have never sailed a blogger's cruise. It's just not that easy for us East Coast people. We've been sailing during President's Week in February for several years and thought about sailing on Splendor in 2011. Flying into LAX is easy (assuming the weather cooperates in February), but flying home on Sunday - and needing to be back at work and kids back to school on Monday - is difficult. It's much easier for folks east of the Mississippi to get to Florida than LAX.

we cruised out of long beach last year it was a nice change... we too cruise Preisdents week due to work schedules..but this year we were back to the east coast and will be next year as well.. but going out west is doable even for nyers :)

we cruised out of long beach last year it was a nice change... we too cruise Preisdents week due to work schedules..but this year we were back to the east coast and will be next year as well.. but going out west is doable even for nyers :)

Doable yes (we did a group last year on the Splendor) but harder to arrange/coordinate/schedule. I understand the reverse of that issue (west going east) as well.

Mach, on behalf of CC posters, I'd to thank you for bringing concerns from CC to John's attention immediately. The one thing I find frustrating about his blog is that sometimes concerns are not addressed for 3 weeks or more due to the popularity of his blog and therefore is backed up with his replies and also due to the fact that he has many many other responsibilities as a CD and the brand ambassador. Because you can email him and your willingness to do so, you have brought this concern and many others to his immediate attention. Thank you for being proactive and all that you do for CC readers and posters.:D

It's not a problem at all. Glad to do it. Often, John doesn't have the answer and I ask the questions of other folks at Carnival who are more able to provide the answers.

John knows about the delays in getting items answered on his blog and he's not happy about it, either. But, in order to be fair to all those who ask questions he ends up three or more weeks in the hole.

Now, I don't ask John if Carnival is charging for iced tea... we all know the answer to many of those types of questions but there certainly are issues that warrant a quick response. Those are the ones that I ask John to address.

Tell him we're still waiting for the CD list for the remainder of the year too. ;)

Now, there's one of those questions that he can't answer. That one belongs to the Director of Onboard Programming.

I'll email him and give him a nudge...

;)

Well John has announced that he will not be doing a bloggers cruise this year, but he will be next year on either the Glory, Liberty or Miracle.

Once again he is snubbing the West Coast, I guess it is more important for him to keep a few of his bloggers happy ( and you know who I mean) by giving them what they want instead of saying to the West Coast bloggers, you are just as important to me as the bloggers on the East Coast.

WOW! Just WOW!

In 50 cruises I might have known 2 CD's names and quickly forgot them after the cruise. I've read John's blog a couple of times and he does have a good sense of humor. But my wife has a better sense of humor. [she married me!] We make our own fun and pursue our own interests. Haven't been to a 'port talk' in 20, 25 years. I avoid commercials at home too.

I really don't think that John is snubbing YOU personally, but maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,

HOST MACH COMES THRU AGAIN....FROM JOHN'S BLOG TODAY 4/8...

Kurbanfan... don't read!!! lol

Please have a read of these links which my friend Host Mach from Cruise Critic sent me today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1178120

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1178115

Well, I want to apologize to everyone who was disappointed that I am not hosting a bloggers cruise but I mostly want to say sorry for those who feel I am abandoning the west coast. I realize that the three ships I named as potential 2011 vessels to host BC4 all have Florida home ports and for those on the west coast it becomes more expensive to reach them. There are some factors which go into this choice that I want to tell you about. Obviously I need to look at where the majority of people who have sailed on the first three bloggers cruses are based. Secondly, I have to look at pricing and stateroom availability. Well actually it’s the people with beards who do this not me but you get my point.

However, I know this will not appease the folks in California and beyond which is why I wanted to take this time to apologize.

However, the good news is that I have asked the Miami office to change my schedule for the rest of this year and have asked to be the cruise director on the Carnival Splendor from August through to mid-December. Chris Prideaux the director of entertainment is seeing if that is feasible and I hope to have positive news on this very soon.

I was due to be the CD on the Carnival Pride and Carnival Spirit and one other ship but I would prefer to be on one ship the whole time and that would allow Heidi and Kye to sail with me more often as well. And so I choose the Carnival Splendor for this which I hope in some way will make up for the disappointment of the next bloggers cruise most likely being on an east coast ship. I also apologize to the Jolimont on Cruise Critic who wrote that she likes my jokes but finds them “warmed up.“

Jolimont….I have a new joke……..maybe more…..so come and sail on the Carnival Magic. I bet you dinner at the Steakhouse I can make you laugh out loud. And if I win the bet you have to tell everyone that I made you laugh. Deal?

Once I have confirmed what is happening I hope that maybe we could arrange a cruise on the Carnival Splendor where maybe the bloggers who live out there can do a mini unofficial bloggers cruise and all sail together so I can look after you…….there will be free photos of me in a thong…….which a Cruise Critic reader called Kurbanfan who wrote “I’ve never read his blog nor will I ever read his blog. What can he say to me that hasn’t been said here or been experienced by me?” I promise you will never have experienced anything like that! And I bet a 45 year old fat bloke with hemorrhoids has never said that to you before.

Goodnight

Your friend

John

Once I have confirmed what is happening I hope that maybe we could arrange a cruise on the Carnival Splendor where maybe the bloggers who live out there can do a mini unofficial bloggers cruise and all sail together so I can look after you…….there will be free photos of me in a thong…….which a Cruise Critic reader called Kurbanfan who wrote “I’ve never read his blog nor will I ever read his blog. What can he say to me that hasn’t been said here or been experienced by me?” I promise you will never have experienced anything like that! And I bet a 45 year old fat bloke with hemorrhoids has never said that to you before.

Goodnight

Your friend

John

John boy........I'm a girl:D

Me too! We were on the front row and she smiled at my daughter and waved to her. DD was thrilled.:)

OMG I thought I wrote this. She did the same thing to my daughter, as well as a gun cocked motion another time.

However, the good news is that I have asked the Miami office to change my schedule for the rest of this year and have asked to be the cruise director on the Carnival Splendor from August through to mid-December. Chris Prideaux the director of entertainment is seeing if that is feasible and I hope to have positive news on this very soon.

I was due to be the CD on the Carnival Pride and Carnival Spirit and one other ship but I would prefer to be on one ship the whole time and that would allow Heidi and Kye to sail with me more often as well. And so I choose the Carnival Splendor for this which I hope in some way will make up for the disappointment of the next bloggers cruise most likely being on an east coast ship.

Hate to say I told you so. LOL:D Wrong ship but right coast.:D

Now, I don't ask John if Carnival is charging for iced tea... we all know the answer to many of those types of questions but there certainly are issues that warrant a quick response. Those are the ones that I ask John to address.

Oh yeah we see those pop up from time to time don't we? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for bringing this topic up with John. I think that it all boils down to the fact that us cruisers on the West Coast sometimes feel like the disliked step child. It's nice to have someone sort of be on our side (since you feel the pain too with Galveston being your home port) so Thank You Mach for help :D:)

ETA: Guess I should have checked his blog before posting but Yeah!! It would be nice to have John experience the West Coast and all that is offered over on this side of the country!

Archived