It's Official John Heald is ignoring the West Coast again.

Chacooe

Well John has announced that he will not be doing a bloggers cruise this year, but he will be next year on either the Glory, Liberty or Miracle.

Once again he is snubbing the West Coast, I guess it is more important for him to keep a few of his bloggers happy ( and you know who I mean) by giving them what they want instead of saying to the West Coast bloggers, you are just as important to me as the bloggers on the East Coast.

There is a new fangled invention called a jet....It can get you anyplace you want to go if it is important to you.....;)

I live in Tampa and did John's Bloggers cruise out of NOLA last year...Maybe I should be upset he doesn't like the "West" coast of Florida......:rolleyes:

By the way his Bloggers cruise out of Port Canaveral was great too....:D

Well John has announced that he will not be doing a bloggers cruise this year, but he will be next year on either the Glory, Liberty or Miracle.

Once again he is snubbing the West Coast, I guess it is more important for him to keep a few of his bloggers happy ( and you know who I mean) by giving them what they want instead of saying to the West Coast bloggers, you are just as important to me as the bloggers on the East Coast.

From John's blog:

I have not decided what ship yet. I am looking at the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Miracle and would like to know what you think.

I'm hoping that since he's just "looking" at those three, if us West Coast people flood him with requests to have it on our side of the continent, he'd come out West.

Is it really that serious?

If it truly means that much to you, fly to the port.

Well for one thing I can't fly, and two, why don't his east coast bloggers come to the west coast for one cruise.

I can't imagine who you mean.

LOL

Well for one thing I can't fly, and two, why don't his east coast bloggers come to the west coast for one cruise.

Disclaimer: I follow John's blog, but have never sailed a blogger's cruise. It's just not that easy for us East Coast people. We've been sailing during President's Week in February for several years and thought about sailing on Splendor in 2011. Flying into LAX is easy (assuming the weather cooperates in February), but flying home on Sunday - and needing to be back at work and kids back to school on Monday - is difficult. It's much easier for folks east of the Mississippi to get to Florida than LAX.

Oh this is funny! OP is feeling "snubbed" and I want him to stop working new Carnival ships that sail in Europe (cause that's where I am). I was on two cruises with him as the CD and the first time he was funny, but the second time we realized he didn't change his act at all, whatever antics he was up to one one cruise he'll do all over again on the following cruise. Boring!

I would like to sail the Magic summer 2011 out of Barcelona, but I'm afraid he'll be the CD and we'll have to put up with his warmed-over jokes again, and that's enough to have me put away the credit card. I used to read his blog, he's a good guy, just needs to broaden his comedy routine from year to year.

I am curious, is it can not fly, or will not fly ?

There is always Amtrack at greater expense and time than flying.

Tom in Long Beach (Who wishes they would move the Caribbean to the West Coast because I tire of Enenada, Catalina, Cabo, Mazatlan and Peurto Vallarta.)

P.S.

I have been on two cruises with him. While he is funny, I do not get the mass following. One was a travel trade on the Splendor and the other was 2 day from N.Y. on the Dream.

Oh this is funny! OP is feeling "snubbed" and I want him to stop working new Carnival ships that sail in Europe (cause that's where I am). I was on two cruises with him as the CD and the first time he was funny, but the second time we realized he didn't change his act at all, whatever antics he was up to one one cruise he'll do all over again on the following cruise. Boring!

I would like to sail the Magic summer 2011 out of Barcelona, but I'm afraid he'll be the CD and we'll have to put up with his warmed-over jokes again, and that's enough to have me put away the credit card. I used to read his blog, he's a good guy, just needs to broaden his comedy routine from year to year.

He says he is going to be the CD of the Magic, but it could always change. It wouldn't be the first time.

He says he is going to be the CD of the Magic, but it could always change. It wouldn't be the first time.

Right, thanks for pointing that out. I won't book until I hear more, but it would make sense as Carnival Corp thinks he needs to "christen" all the new ships. I say give someone else a chance, particularly in Europe!!!

Earthquakes !!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If it wasn't for DD who was sitting on the couch I wouldn't have even known that we had an earthquake. People to the North of us felt it, but not here.

Tom in Long Beach (Who wishes they would move the Caribbean to the West Coast because I tire of Enenada, Catalina, Cabo, Mazatlan and Peurto Vallarta.) ..............quote]

We can also sail to Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo

and a few times a year we can sail to/from Vancouver and Hawaii.

Disclaimer: I follow John's blog, but have never sailed a blogger's cruise. It's just not that easy for us East Coast people. We've been sailing during President's Week in February for several years and thought about sailing on Splendor in 2011. Flying into LAX is easy (assuming the weather cooperates in February), but flying home on Sunday - and needing to be back at work and kids back to school on Monday - is difficult. It's much easier for folks east of the Mississippi to get to Florida than LAX.

Well it is the same for the people who have to fly to the East Coast, so what is the difference.

He is going to be the CD for the whole time the Magic is in Europe. He wants to be closer to home.

Archived