It's Official John Heald is ignoring the West Coast again.

Chacooe

Well, the people on the East Coast can do just the same thing too :)

It's not sour grapes; those of us who live on the West Coast would love to not have to ALWAYS be the ones doing the flying that's all!! :o

Well, I live on the East Coast and I have to fly to all my sailings and I'm not complaining.

Oh this is funny! OP is feeling "snubbed" and I want him to stop working new Carnival ships that sail in Europe (cause that's where I am). I was on two cruises with him as the CD and the first time he was funny, but the second time we realized he didn't change his act at all, whatever antics he was up to one one cruise he'll do all over again on the following cruise. Boring!

I would like to sail the Magic summer 2011 out of Barcelona, but I'm afraid he'll be the CD and we'll have to put up with his warmed-over jokes again, and that's enough to have me put away the credit card. I used to read his blog, he's a good guy, just needs to broaden his comedy routine from year to year.

OH So true. We also had him Med Liberty Cruise and I found him not funny at all. I know people on this board think he is great but me for one would avoid him as a CD at all costs. IMO

I'm still waiting for the Lauren Tewes cruise.

Now THAT was funny; and I am guessing at least half on this thread have no idea who she is....

As to a REAL cruise director; John Heald IS one of the best I have enjoyed; he was actually CD on two of my cruises. It is true that he uses more or less the same shtick on each one; but it's pretty good none the less. He is gracious with his time; especially considering he has reached celebrity status to many Carnival "Cruizees".

I'm not sure I'd lose sleep over one of his blogger cruises not being in my neck of the woods. I live in Nebraska; so I'm flying no matter what. I am jealous of you "drive to a port in less than a day" folks.

Mitch

Now I'm even more excited for our 12/10 Splendor cruise. The only CD I remember from any of my prior cruises is Stu (Elation). Stu was a lot of fun. It sounds like John is a lot of fun too. I wonder if we get a bedtime story?

You will most likely get the Bedtime Story.

Now I'm even more excited for our 12/10 Splendor cruise. The only CD I remember from any of my prior cruises is Stu (Elation). Stu was a lot of fun. It sounds like John is a lot of fun too. I wonder if we get a bedtime story?

I liked Stu on the Elation, very energetic!!:eek:

Archived