Book a Princess cruise, feel like i am betraying Carnival

I wouldn't feel bad. Princess is a very nice cruise line. It just has a different "feel".

Go for the itinerary first, then the cruise line second.

Anyhow, Princess is owned by Carnival so you don't have to feel like you are two-timing.

Princess is part of the Carnival family, so no harm, no foul. Besides, Carnival doesn't own you so you're free to cruise on other lines. Seriously, I think it would be a blast to try other lines. We tried Princess in '08 and loved it. I found some things I liked better, and it helped me clarify what I liked about Carnival. My cruising group wanted to try RC this fall after watching the Oasis launch, but prices kept us on Carnival again this year. So I say don't worry about guilt, just plan on having a great time. Oh, other lines may have itineraries Carnival doesn't cruise.Jim

I own some shares of Carnival, but I choose my cruise by price and itinerary. I don't feel disloyal in the least.

I also own shares of Southwest, but it doesn't prevent me from flying another airline if the schedule, price and itinerary are right.

I dont understand why people feel "guilty" since Carnival doesnt care about keeping you loyal ... It doesnt sound like guilt so much as just being scared to try something new to me.

Carnival owns Princess, so the money goes into the same pot in the end.

I fell your pain Cpacheco. I'm going to book a MR cruise on the Spirit because I love the Z port and Carnival is the only one going there this year. I've always done Princess and love it, but now I get to feel like a new cruiser learning all things Carnival. And I will miss my free internet from Princess.

Don't feel bad...they are all the same "family"... :D

In fact, we will be doing the same thing come June 23rd (2011) (British Isles)

(sorry Carnival, you don't have a ship there.....);)

It's good to try a different cruiseline and learn different ship layout, people, food, entertainment. We went on our 1st cruise in 2000 (RCI), have had 6 RCI, 3 Celebrity, then tried Carnival (6), just had our 2nd Princess cruise.....cruising Carnival again next month. We have loved them all, all for different reasons. I did miss having the Carnival Mongolian Grill and frozen yogurt on Princess, but love Princess sorbet in dining room - wish they had it all day!

Check out the International Cafe on Princess - great for quick salad, sandwich, breakfast pastry, and warm cookies in the afternoon (no charge, except for gelato).

Enjoy!

Pam in KY

It's good to try a different cruiseline and learn different ship layout, people, food, entertainment. We went on our 1st cruise in 2000 (RCI), have had 6 RCI, 3 Celebrity, then tried Carnival (6), just had our 2nd Princess cruise.....cruising Carnival again next month. We have loved them all, all for different reasons. I did miss having the Carnival Mongolian Grill and frozen yogurt on Princess, but love Princess sorbet in dining room - wish they had it all day!

Check out the International Cafe on Princess - great for quick salad, sandwich, breakfast pastry, and warm cookies in the afternoon (no charge, except for gelato).

Enjoy!

Pam in KY

OMG! My favorite by far.......best egg salad, sauteed mushrooms....panini's......yummy!

Carnival owns Princess, so they don't care.

We've enjoyed our cruises on Carnival and Princess (and every other line for that matter!) so just plan on things being a little different (a lot less "colorful" and a lot more British)

Have fun!

Archived