cabins on the Enchantment

I have the chance to get a really good deal on the 9 night cruise on the Enchantment. The only problem (and I'm not sure if it's a problem or not) is that the only available cabins left in this deal package are a guaranteed stateroom, or an ocean view cabin on the 2nd level. Is this level really bad? Do you hear the engines, anchor being lowered and stuff like that? The OV rooms are near the front of the ship. Obviously I don't know where the guaranteed staterooms would be. There is only a $50 difference per person for us to get the ocean view. Would this be worth it if they are on deck 2? The cruise leaves on May 20, so I don't have a lot of time to really think about this. Has anyone traveled with a deck 2 room and thought it was ok?

There are several decks below you....crew and storage...you won't hear engines! Depending on where the cabin is located, you may hear anchors at times.

The deck 2 OV's are a tad bigger than on deck 3.

The only downside to a lower deck is having to use elevators to get to the higher decks...I can't do 8 flights of stairs going up! Down isn't a problem!

So, no...deck 2 isn't bad!

And, once you're assigned a room, if you really hate it, see if they can move you (check the deck plans!)--sometimes they will move you to the same catagory, but in a different location.

Archived