Ladies-What type purse do you use in ports?

cruisemama5

I bring my drivers license and sign and sail card - passport stays tucked away in my cabin. i have never been told i needed to take it ashore, just a photo id...(for the carribean anyway). i do have a passport card now, and i may take that this time (and still leave my passport in the cabin).

Sharon

Do you take your passports with you? I worry about ever leaving it behind in room...just in case.

I take a copy of the photo page. We have these in our luggage in case the tags gets ripped off (advice I read somewhere long ago) and then use them when we go into port. We leave the passports in the safe. If we are not on a ship excursion (we usually aren't) then we plan to be on board about 2 hours before sailaway. In Nassau we cabbed it to Atlantis, and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way back (it was the week Anna Nicole died). Once we could see the ship, we would have been able to walk if we had to with time to spare.

I always take a small cross-body purse. Large enough to hold a camera and my ID/money, sunscreen, and lip gloss. And I am almost always walking around with my hand on it. I don't use a backpack cause someone can steal stuff from it while you are wearing it. Until I have eyes in the back of my head, I like to keep my stuff where I can see it.

I always take a small cross-body purse. Large enough to hold a camera and my ID/money, sunscreen, and lip gloss. And I am almost always walking around with my hand on it. I don't use a backpack cause someone can steal stuff from it while you are wearing it. Until I have eyes in the back of my head, I like to keep my stuff where I can see it.

We use to have a great backpack til hubby lost some where off our cruise:( So ., I will forever use a cross body purse as well. It is the best solution!

I only carry my sail & sign card, DL, & the phone # from the Carnival Capers. I usually wear shorts or a skirt with a tight pocket, and keep this there. Depending on whether we are beaching or shopping or site seeing, I may also bring a small beach type bag for the camera, lotion, etc.

I take a copy of the photo page. We have these in our luggage in case the tags gets ripped off (advice I read somewhere long ago) and then use them when we go into port. We leave the passports in the safe. If we are not on a ship excursion (we usually aren't) then we plan to be on board about 2 hours before sailaway. In Nassau we cabbed it to Atlantis, and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way back (it was the week Anna Nicole died). Once we could see the ship, we would have been able to walk if we had to with time to spare.

Problem is ..say you did not make the ship, and you did not have passports to get back to US , or make next port. Your copies wouldn't hold up.

I have a beach bag that goes with me on each cruise. I've only had it for just over three years but the handles already are duct taped cuz it's falling part! The bag is bg enough to have a towel, change of clothes, two digital cameras, video cameras, my wallet, suntan lotion, and a lot more small items like lotion, nail files, nail clippers (I have long natural fingernails), and so on.

I swear by a crossbody bag. Been on a tour once where someone had their backpack on their backs and it was pickpocketed within about 45 seconds and they lost their passports, ids, and cash. I couldn't believe they put those valuables behind their back where they couldn't even see them.

I am wondering what others use for a purse on excurstions or in ports. I have one I got at Shapiros that is slim and supposed to theft proof, i.e. can't be cut open, security pocket, etc., that I have used, however, it doesn't hold much so I end up taking a backpack for camera, towels, etc. and then put this inside of it for my money, ship ID. I worry that this is not safe though.

Anyone have better ideas for what to use?

We have purchased monet belts & holders for aroung the neck & under a blouse or shirt . I can tell you from a lot of traveling & cruising experience pick pockets are on the rise . We keep money ,pass ports ,ships sign & sail & crdeit cards in our money belts or around our neck type security devise .

If you want to read very good tips on traveling /packing /security /ie go to http://www.ricksteves.com rick Steves is the guru of travel .

To hold towels and my camera, I'm bringing a Baggalini messenger bag that I used to bring to Disney. It's not too big and comfortable to carry. My money, cards and passport will go in a waterproof pouch around my neck and in my clothing.

I have a [B]Travelon bag[/B]...about 7" X 9" It is the most comfortable cross body small thing I have ever used. Lies flat against your side- wider strap. Lots of compartments inside and out... and zipper[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]s. Very secure I got mine on eBay..can get leather or nylon. and it will expand if you need it to. Have used it on 3 cruises and trip to Ireland Of course, the dh always has a backpack. And I throw a small folding tote bag in there for stuff I buy

I tuck a lot of stuff in the camcorder bag and my BF carries that. I attach a camera bag or such on my belt for the real important stuff. Also like the cross-over bags and tuck a folding shopping bag in just in case we do a lot of shopping. (BF gets to carry the shopping bag, too.)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]my favorite would be the vera bradley hipster. it is a very lite weight and cross over body style. has ajustable straps so you can make shoulder purse (not a real good idea) also have a vera bradley back pack with tons of pockets and light weight.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]the reason i like the cross over body style better than back pack is i want my camera really handy. also easier for getting money out.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I bought a cross body purse for my cruise. I wish I had thought to buy one a long time ago. It will fit my PP,Camera,SS card,chap stick, tube of sunblock. bottle of water. Its not too big either. I hope it works!

I used my boyfriend's pockets. He brought a backpack when we went to cozumel because we carried extra clothes and towels, that all got put in the locker that came with our excursion. But in Progresso he had the button close cargo pants and all we brough was our cameras, mine stayed around my wrist, his in his pocket, money and cards which were also in his pockets.

If I am going to be at the beach while in port, I have a beach bag that I take...and I put a small purse in it that has my camera, inhaler, money, id, ect...its very small and if I dont take the beach bag, then the purse has a long enough strap to hang cross my chest and I keep it to the front of me and my hand on the strap the entire time...It seems like a pain, but it works out quite well for me.

Archived