ultimate ship tour

hairbflo

got off the Crown this am, what a great time by all. we did miss Cozumel since we were tied up at the dock in Roatan for about 21 hours due to crosswinds that wouldn't allow us or Carnival Dream to leave the narrow channel. We signed up for the ultimate tour as soon as we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale. we only knew about it from reading about it on this site. The price scared me alot ($150 p/p) but what an AWESOME tour. only 12 are allowed to go and it lasted over 4 hours. everyone was terrific, it truely is a city on water. The captain spent about 40 minutes with us up in the bridge. The laundry room amazed me. If anyone is considering it I highly recomend it which says alot cause I consider myself cheap. The gifts they give you at the end were great. head chef gave all a chef jacket, also received a bath robe, pictures, customizes stationary. great job Princess

Where do you sign up for the tour? We are going on the Island Princess next month to Alaska. I hope the Island Princess has the tour. I was hoping to do the tour as I have heard great things about it.

Just got off of Island Princess yesterday. I did the UST, but my DW didn't care to. We had 13 people on it with about four couples. We started at 8:40 AM on the next to last sea day and it lasted until 12:30 PM. We toured the Theatre, galley, ship stores, laundry, engine control room, photo developing, medical, and the bridge. It was a great tour and learned all kinds of behind the scenes activity. They said no film or video, but then on the bridge, they said we could take pictures. So it's best to take one along, just in case. After the tour, we went to the Captain's lounge where we had champagne and snacks where the department heads answered any questions we had. We also received treats in the galley. Well worth the 150pp.

Awesome!!!! So glad you all enjoyed to UST!!! We leave on the Emerald Princess on April 18 and the Passengers Service Desk will be my very first stop so we can sign up for this. My husbands b-day is April 17, so this is my gift to him...We've done the Engine Room Tour on the Disney Magic, since I am a Cast Member and it was free for us and that was amazing, so this is going to be a great experience.

Penny

The gifts they give you at the end were great. head chef gave all a chef jacket, also received a bath robe, pictures, customizes stationary. great job Princess

Was the bathrobe the plush type or the waffle weave type?

Where do you sign up for the tour? We are going on the Island Princess next month to Alaska. I hope the Island Princess has the tour. I was hoping to do the tour as I have heard great things about it.

I agree with the raves of the previous posters. When we went to sign up there was only 1 line left on the form. I was willing to back out since DH really wanted to go, but the clerk went and talked to someone and they took both our names. We got our confirmation letter the next day for both of us. On the day of the tour there were actually 16 of us (each of the staff we met seemed surprised by the size of the group.

We had a mix of couples and unaccompanied men (also two ladies travelling together). I read on these boards of one couple where he did the UST and she got sapphire earrings so I guess she used her time wisely while he toured!

Was the bathrobe the plush type or the waffle weave type?

$90 value in the shops so there is part of your $150!

Gameluver - sign up at the Passenger Services Desk on Deck 5 - do it the first day to avoid disappointment!

Somebody did a really good review of their shipboard tour on the Island Princess. I forwarded it to my husband because of his background as a stationery engineer it sounds like a tour he'd be interested in, though I'm not sure I want to do the tour. However he's not sure he wants to do the tour either because it doesn't go all the places he wants to go. Specifically he mentioned the lack of visiting the sewage treatment area. Like we need any more proof that boys never grow up!

Sign up at the Pax Services desk as soon as you board. (We stopped by even before going to our cabin.)

got off the Crown this am, what a great time by all. we did miss Cozumel since we were tied up at the dock in Roatan for about 21 hours due to crosswinds that wouldn't allow us or Carnival Dream to leave the narrow channel. We signed up for the ultimate tour as soon as we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale. we only knew about it from reading about it on this site. The price scared me alot ($150 p/p) but what an AWESOME tour. only 12 are allowed to go and it lasted over 4 hours. everyone was terrific, it truely is a city on water. The captain spent about 40 minutes with us up in the bridge. The laundry room amazed me. If anyone is considering it I highly recomend it which says alot cause I consider myself cheap. The gifts they give you at the end were great. head chef gave all a chef jacket, also received a bath robe, pictures, customizes stationary. great job Princess

Nice review. I did Emerald UST last XMas, Eastern trip.

I always say it was one of the best things I did and yes,

the crew treated us very well also. It is a behind the scenes look

at a floating self-contained city.

:cool:

Archived