first cruise coming up - any info on inside cabins on Solstice?

jwright98

I am now contemplating doing the Eclipse on Nov 27 (keep switching between Century and Eclipse). I was the sticky on Solstice cabins (which I believe are similar to the upcoming Eclipse). Most of the reporting was for balcony cabins. Anyone stay in an inside on Solstice? Was wondering what the experience is like. If so, which ones are better?

I am now contemplating doing the Eclipse on Nov 27 (keep switching between Century and Eclipse). I was the sticky on Solstice cabins (which I believe are similar to the upcoming Eclipse). Most of the reporting was for balcony cabins. Anyone stay in an inside on Solstice? Was wondering what the experience is like. If so, which ones are better?

Hi,:) I had asked the same thing a few weeks ago and a couple of people

recommended 9252, 9260 and 8188. Actually I am thinking of getting

8188 but can't decide if I want to book Solstice or not!

We were on the Equinox on the Mar 8 sailing and had an inside, 8328. We enjoyed the cabin very much, except for the limited drawer space(which is true for all cabins, not just this one). It was a nice, quiet location for the most part. We had two chairs instead of the loveseat which most cabins have, and that gave us more options for seating in the cabin if we didn't want to sit/lay on the bed for reading. Our TV was directly in front of the bed(s), which was nice(it wasn't like that in the cabins our friends/family had. They had to pull out and swivel their TV's to view). The cabin felt spacious to both my husband and I, as there was plenty of room to walk around the beds on both sides.

Hope this helps.

I had 1096 on the Solstice and really loved it. Near to the elevator and the library. Good position as sometimes I would just run the stairs if I was up in the Ocean Cafe. Cabin a good size and with the bed against the long wall rather than against the back wall. TV set just in front of bed and with 2 easy chairs instead of a sofa. One chair near to the door and the table and the other in the corner near to the back wall. Everything worked well for me as I was travelling solo but it is much improved on the size of the M or C class rooms. Great bathroom and great bed.

Sue

We were in 1100 on our Solstice cruise last January. It was the same as described above, with two chairs instead of a loveseat. It was not as long and narrow as the other configuration of an inside. It actually felt larger because of the extra width. I have also been in a verandah stateroom on Equinox, and I believe the bathrooms are the same size.

I think the insides that are more mid-ship are this configuration, while the ones more forward are the same set-up as the verandah rooms - but without the verandah. I will be in the narrower room next week on the Equinox, so I can see if I prefer one over the other.

I think you can tell which ones are wider, and which ones are narrower, by looking at a deck plan - decks 8, 9, and 10 have the wider inside staterooms.

Marilyn

fIRST CRUISE PLANNED FEB 2011 TO COINCIDE WITH 50 BIRTHDAY. BOOKED ROYAL SUITE MERCURY. EASTERN CARRIBBEAN.

DISCONCERTED TO NOTE ALL POSTINGS RE MERCURY DECOMMISIONED??????? AS DEFNITE SCHEDULE ORGANISED.

ROYAL SUITE...WHAT CAN WE EXPECT

MANY THANKS

fIRST CRUISE PLANNED FEB 2011 TO COINCIDE WITH 50 BIRTHDAY. BOOKED ROYAL SUITE MERCURY. EASTERN CARRIBBEAN.

DISCONCERTED TO NOTE ALL POSTINGS RE MERCURY DECOMMISIONED??????? AS DEFNITE SCHEDULE ORGANISED.

ROYAL SUITE...WHAT CAN WE EXPECT

MANY THANKS

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

This is a thread about cabins on the Solstice. If you have questions about a royal suite on the Mercury, you need to start a separate thread.

Not sure what you mean by disconcerted to note all postings re Mercury decommissioned.

Also, you will get better results if you don't do your post in all caps. That's considered to be shouting in the online community and most find it to be rude.

Nice to see a post about inside cabins - they don't get much love on the Celebrity board. My husband and I are booked on the 5/2 Solstice sailing in cabin 1084 deck 10, which is in the same section as 1100 and 1096 above. Sounds like these were good cabins, so that's nice to hear. Quick question... On the deck plan, cabin 1084 is at the end with a white space next to it. Anyone know what this space is, and if there are any noice issues with whatever is there? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Thanks everyone! I'm on the bubble. Would save us a bit if we went with an inside.

Just a note about inside cabins in general (I remember you said it's your first cruise). If you have any "clostraphobic tendencies", you may want to reconsider. Some people freak out a little about how small they are and the fact that it is PITCH-BLACK (I mean you can't see your hand 3 inches from your face), like a closet with the lights out.

If you plan to be very, very active and only use the cabin to change clothes and sleep, then it may be ok.

A hint to better deal with the darkness a good idea is to leave the tv on and tuned to the "Bridge Cam' station. It's a camera on the bridge that shows where the ship is headed. That way you can pretend like it's a window.

Hope This Helps.

Just off the Solstice 2/28 sailing, had inside cabin #8147. We have sailed in oceanview, balcony, even the presidential suite once (incredible upgrade), but usually book an inside. Have cruised at least 30 times mostly inside cabins. We are hardly ever in the room, when hubby naps, it's nice for the darkness, and we use the extra $$ saved for all the other fun things we do on a cruise, and lets us vacation alot more often (usually 3 times a year). That being said, I have to tell you that our experience on the Solstice was fantastic. The best celebrity has to offer! Our inside cabin this time was the largest and best laid out of all others. Yes, there is a storage problem, but from what we heard, all cabins have that same issue. Yes, the cabin is pretty dark, but on the Solstice there is a built-in nightlight in bathroom, so you can always leave the door open. Don't miss the window except when trying to figure out what the weather is like, and then as mentioned already, we just turn the TV onto the Bridge Cam. I love to spend time on deck, or in one of the many cozy ares Solstice has to offer. Hope this info helps, I know there isn't alot said about inside cabins here. Any questions, ask away. Happy sailing!

In addition to the overhead "nightlight" in the bathroom, there is a nightlight on the vanity/desk that is light-sensitive. It will come on when the cabin is dark, so that you can find your way to the bathroom and back. No need to leave the bathroom door open unless you want to.

We were in 1100 on our Solstice cruise last January. It was the same as described above, with two chairs instead of a loveseat. It was not as long and narrow as the other configuration of an inside. It actually felt larger because of the extra width. I have also been in a verandah stateroom on Equinox, and I believe the bathrooms are the same size.

I think the insides that are more mid-ship are this configuration, while the ones more forward are the same set-up as the verandah rooms - but without the verandah. I will be in the narrower room next week on the Equinox, so I can see if I prefer one over the other.

I think you can tell which ones are wider, and which ones are narrower, by looking at a deck plan - decks 8, 9, and 10 have the wider inside staterooms.

Marilyn

Hi

We are booked on the Eclipse 7th May and our cabin no is 1053 (inside cabin). We were booked on a guaranteed inside and only found out 2 nights ago our cabin no. We are thrilled to be on deck 10. As our cabin is quite forward I was just wondering if we would feel the motion of the ship. Any input to this cabin or location would be most grateful.

Thanks

Dave & Rosita

Hi

We are booked on the Eclipse 7th May and our cabin no is 1053 (inside cabin). We were booked on a guaranteed inside and only found out 2 nights ago our cabin no. We are thrilled to be on deck 10. As our cabin is quite forward I was just wondering if we would feel the motion of the ship. Any input to this cabin or location would be most grateful.

Thanks

Dave & Rosita

Just bringing this thread to the top as would be interested if anyone has input to cabin 1053 on Solstice.

Thanks

There are 4 or 5 inside cabins on the Penthouse deck. All the other

cabins around them are AQ class......Hmmm..wonder if anyone has

been in those insides.

Hi Lois R,

We have one of those insides on the penthouse deck booked for Solstice in November and hope it is great. Had similar locations on 2 previous cruises (other lines) and loved being able to walk out on deck in a minute with no elevator waits! Want to hear from others if we made the right choice.

Hi Lois R,

We have one of those insides on the penthouse deck booked for Solstice in November and hope it is great. Had similar locations on 2 previous cruises (other lines) and loved being able to walk out on deck in a minute with no elevator waits! Want to hear from others if we made the right choice.

Hi Paul,:) which week in November?

Just back from the Solstice and 2 of our friends had inside cabins on the Penthouse deck...they were 1534 and 1536 I think. They really liked them. Found them to be much bigger with more space than previous inside cabins. We were in 1540 (balcony) and they were located down a little corridor opposite us...dead end with 4 inside cabins..really tucked away so there was no noise at all. There is also a really quick way at the back that you can take the staircase down to the AQ spa etc. Interestingly enough even though they were not AQ class I had put on the dining sheet that we were travelling with them and I thought that was for the main dining room. When we went to the MDR the first night they sent us all down to the Blu restaurant and thats where the six of us ate all week!!!!!

Pat d

Lois, We are on 11/28. A little different since it has a large group contingent that should liven things up a bit. All of the web sites show the no availability for the insides on the penthouse deck, though.

Pat, Very interesting. Wonder if i can get a "neighbor" across the corridor to adopt us? Not advocating breaking any rules but....

Lois, We are on 11/28. A little different since it has a large group contingent that should liven things up a bit. All of the web sites show the no availability for the insides on the penthouse deck, though.

Pat, Very interesting. Wonder if i can get a "neighbor" across the corridor to adopt us? Not advocating breaking any rules but....

LOL...I am looking to go earlier in the month than that......I can never

sail at that time due to that 4 letter word that keeps me cruising:D;):eek:

work....

• 2 months later...
Hi

Thanks

Dave & Rosita

Hi Dave and Rosita, how did you like your cabin?

Archived