Laundry Service QM2

Summergee

I have used the laundry service before and been very happy with the results for garments needing a medium wash and medium iron. This year I will be taking some items that are hand-wash only and must not be ironed. Has anyone sent items like this to the laundry before and, if so, are the results satisfactory?

Would I be better washing the garments myself in the wash basin and hanging them in the shower to dry?

If you have delicate items, which need special handling, I would recommend you do it by hand and hang it in the shower. A little roll out drying line is in every shower just for that. You can get a small packet of soap in the laundry facility located on various decks.

I use the self serve laundry machines on the delicate cycle, cold water wash. They are American machines and you can set cycle and water temp as well.

If you want to go the hand wash route, the sundries store on board sells a delicate wash gel in a tube, a little goes a long way. You can also use the delicate dry on the driers, but watch the time and check your items. Be sure and push "start" again or the clothes will just sit there!:)

B.

Last year I did send a cold water wash, no iron item down to the laundry.

It came back fine, but I did send it alone in a bag and also wrote in large letters on the laundry sheet that I wanted it done in cold water no iron (underlined several times).

I've also written 'special' little notes when my DH got a stain on his pants and I wanted special attention paid to it. That worked too.

I was nervous sending it in, but it did come back ok.

I would say it depends on what it is and how special it is to you. You know how it washes so you can determine how much leeway you have with the fabric.

Archived