Celebration cakes

BillieB

Can anyone tell me how, and if I can order a Birthday cake either before we sail or when we are on board, if so who do we contact,

Thank You

The birthday cake used to come as part of a celebratory package that you could book before you sailed. There has been some discussion on here about whether or not these packages are still on offer. Phone Cunard and ask them. You used to get a (small) birthday cake that was served at your table in the dining room, and a bottle of something fizzy. Oh... and the waiters used to sing for you - unless you had the presence of mind to arrange in advance for them not to do so. Are you planning on celebrating your birthday with a large number of others?

J

Thank you for your reply, I'll ring them tomorrow. The cake is for our grandson, he will be 15 two days before we sail, so we thought it would be nice for him to have a birthday cake. We will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary next year, and will be celebrating that on a Transatlantic Voyage, I will make enquiries about that whilst I'm on to Cunard tomorrow.

Thank you for your reply, I'll ring them tomorrow. The cake is for our grandson, he will be 15 two days before we sail, so we thought it would be nice for him to have a birthday cake. We will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary next year, and will be celebrating that on a Transatlantic Voyage, I will make enquiries about that whilst I'm on to Cunard tomorrow.

I thought that the idea of the birthday cake was to celebrate the day of your birth coinciding with you being on board the ship. I am sailing this Thursday and my birthday is October, I might arrange to get a cake.

My husband had let our waiter know it was my birthday a day beforehand, and a cake arrived after our main course at dinner (http://gallery.me.com/lesleyblake#100280/P1140902&bgcolor=black). There was no singing (good) or free champagne (OK as it would probably have been Pol Acker), but I did get a card from the Captain, and a mention on the morning TV show.

We departed on my birthday and didn't arrange anything for the cake, but I still got one at dinner. Cunard also had a birthday card waiting for me in the stateroom. My mother did order a flower arrangement before we departed but I think they are well aware of the birthdays that will be celebrated on a cruise. Calling Cunard wouldn't hurt as well. I honestly can say we didn't pay anyting for the cake, I don't know if this is still in effect. You can always talk to the Maitre'D if the celebration isn't on the first night and set something up with him.

Hope you have a fantastic time!!

What a wonderful way to celebrate your grandson's 15 birthday! I'm sure he will never forget it. As to cakes: My understanding is that if the occasion you are celebrating is within 3 months of your voyage, a modest celebration (cake, etc) will be provided by Cunard. I've mentioned to our travel agent at the time of booking whenever a voyage was to celebrate a special occasion and Cunard took it from there. Nothing flashy, thankfully, but much appreciated.

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Can anyone tell me how, and if I can order a Birthday cake either before we sail or when we are on board, if so who do we contact,

Thank You

The Anniversary Cakes that we've had were not worth missing pudding for, and more a gesture than a benefit. If it is something you wish to do, and I'm not trying to put you off, merely manage expectations, then I'd suggest speaking to the waiting staff and having pudding, then cake. I cannot imagine that the birthday cakes are any different, save for the message on the top.

I thought that the idea of the birthday cake was to celebrate the day of your birth coinciding with you being on board the ship. I am sailing this Thursday and my birthday is October, I might arrange to get a cake.

Well, for wedding anniversaries you are allowed leeway of two months either side of the date. I imagine the same would apply to birthdays.

J

Ah... a fifteen year old boy! Perhaps the singing waiters may be a step too far in that case :D

J

Thank you all for your replies and advice, and your good wishes for Cam's birthday. I dont think Cam would appreciate singing waiters, but he would appreciate a cake and a birthday card. He's really looking forward to the sail, he's been on cruises before, but this his first (our 4th trip) on the QM2.

Once again thank you.

Bloody hell - more damn Cunard cost saving measures! They only gave you half a cake :eek:

J

It could be that they ate the other half, couldn't it?:)

I believe an itty bitty cake would be better than half a cake. Wouldn't you always wonder where the other half went?:)

It could be that they ate the other half, couldn't it?:)

I believe an itty bitty cake would be better than half a cake. Wouldn't you always wonder where the other half went?:)

They use it for the next door table's anniversary celebration!! :D

Archived