Travel Documents

cjbx

We are US citizens living in Mexico. We have a US Passport, Mexican drivers licenses with photo and Mexican immigration documents with photo. We don't have a license or other ID issued by a US state.

NCL says they need a passport and another photo ID for cruising. Are there other non-US residents/citizens who know if we have enough to get on the ship leaving from Miami?

We are US citizens living in Mexico. We have a US Passport, Mexican drivers licenses with photo and Mexican immigration documents with photo. We don't have a license or other ID issued by a US state.

NCL says they need a passport and another photo ID for cruising. Are there other non-US residents/citizens who know if we have enough to get on the ship?

All we have ever shown is our passport for flights and for cruises. We have never had to show any other i.d.

I'd recommend that you always take your passport with you off the ship in case you have to show photo id in addition to your ship card to get back on the ship.

NCL says they need a passport and another photo ID for cruising. Are there other non-US residents/citizens who know if we have enough to get on the ship?

I would not trust the info y'll get here but rather call the American Consulate in Mexico.

NCL says they need a passport and another photo ID for cruising. Are there other non-US residents/citizens who know if we have enough to get on the ship leaving from Miami?

The wording on the NCL looks like you need two forms of ID. It does not mean to say that.

Just ask a few thousand folks here that have shown nothing but a passport to board the ship.

The person that says to call the consulate is wrong.

Why would your Mexican drivers license not be considered an alternate form of Identification. It has your picture on it, your name and other information. Just because you live out of the United States, doesn't mean you have to have U.S. issued alternate I.D. If your names on the drivers licenses match the names in your passport and your picture resembles you I don't think why it should matter.

I think you only need to worry about getting back into Mexican immigration hence the documents issued by Mexico.

I would not trust the info y'll get here but rather call the American Consulate in Mexico.

???? The American Consulate would have no idea what a cruise line wants for cruise documents.

It would make more sense to call NCL and ask a supervisor.

...NCL says they need a passport and another photo ID for cruising. Are there other non-US residents/citizens who know if we have enough to get on the ship leaving from Miami?
You only need your passport to cruise. The NCL site does not say you need another photo ID; it is a long sentence with several clauses separated by an 'or'. That becomes confusing if you don't separate them correctly.

What it says is:

For closed-loop sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you need a valid passport OR proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver's license with a photo) or any other WHTI compliant document. Proof of Citizenship examples include: an original or state certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, certificate of U.S. naturalization, original certificate of U.S. citizenship, or a U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad

It would be more clear if they formatted it this way:

For closed-loop sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you need:

a valid passport

OR proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver's license with a photo)

or any other WHTI compliant document. Proof of Citizenship examples include: an original or state certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, certificate of U.S. naturalization, original certificate of U.S. citizenship, or a U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad

I did not add anything to the first paragraph, I just put in a return at each "OR" to separate them out.

Archived