Cabin Info a Big Help

booklady26

Just when I think I'll never come to Cruise Critic again because I'm tired of all the whiney, rude and down right cruel comments some people make, along comes someone like Mysticks1 and starts a great thread on Solstice class cabins. It's what's good about this board. It should be a source of information and constructive criticism from people who have first hand knowledge, not just somewhere to complain.

I'm looking at the Silhouette for 2012 and this is really helping me choose a cabin. We'll be on it for 12 days so our cabin location, balcony and other amenties will be important.

We haven't sailed on Celebrity in about 15 years and we're so looking forward to it.

Thanks to all who have contributed to it. And thanks to Celebrity for homeporting such a beautiful, sophisticated ship in the NY area.

Welcome back, booklady. I have sailed on both the Equinox and the Solstice and can tell you that these are beautiful ships and I think you'll have an excellent experience. I just booked a cruise on the Eclipse so I must like them! :D :D :D

Garry

Just when I think I'll never come to Cruise Critic again because I'm tired of all the whiney, rude and down right cruel comments some people make, along comes someone like Mysticks1 and starts a great thread on Solstice class cabins. It's what's good about this board. It should be a source of information and constructive criticism from people who have first hand knowledge, not just somewhere to complain.

I'm looking at the Silhouette for 2012 and this is really helping me choose a cabin. We'll be on it for 12 days so our cabin location, balcony and other amenties will be important.

We haven't sailed on Celebrity in about 15 years and we're so looking forward to it.

Thanks to all who have contributed to it. And thanks to Celebrity for homeporting such a beautiful, sophisticated ship in the NY area.

You are so right, booklady. It is a great resource when you are selecting a cabin on one of the S-class ships.

I feel we would be remiss if we didn't thank librarylady who has taken over the work from Mysticks. It is a lot of work keeping the spreadsheet up to date and she is a jewel for continuing the work Mysticks started.

So far I have only sailed on Solstice (but three cruises on her), and I can tell you the S-class ships are the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Happy cruising! (And thanks for a positive post!)

Doris

I feel we would be remiss if we didn't thank librarylady who has taken over the work from Mysticks. It is a lot of work keeping the spreadsheet up to date and she is a jewel for continuing the work Mysticks started.

The booklady thanks the librarylady! That spreadsheet is absolutely terrific.

And thanks to all for welcoming me back. My first cruise on Celebrity was the 7th sailing of the then brand new Horizon in 1990. I was so reluctant to try it but it was a new ship sailing out of NYC to Bermuda.

At that time, Celebrity was a brand new venture for Chandris Lines who wanted to offer a more upscale cruise experience. Back then Chandris was known for it's bargain cruises when bargain meant cheap not just in terms of price but in terms of the entire cruise experience. I wondered just how upscale Celebrity could possibly be and my expectations weren't very high.

I loved the Horizon and went on to sail on the Zenith, Century and Mercury within a few years.

In the past several years, we've chosen to sail only out of the NY area. With all the newer ships sailing from here, we never tried the Constellation but were possibly considering the Summit to Bermuda next year. But when we received the email from the Captains Club with the announcement about the Silhouette, we knew that would be in our future.

Better yet, we have another cruise planned on RCI's Explorer later this year which will bring us up to C&A's diamond status which means we'll be CC Elite on Celebrity. We're excited about that too. Love those perks!

There will probably need to be an addendum for Silhouette, as the ship has added over 15 new cabins, which has caused the cabin numbers in the aft section of the ship (behind the rear hump) to be renumbered.

Booklady, we saw the old Horizon (she is now MV Pacific Dream, sailing for the Spain-based Pullmantur cruise line, which is also owned by Royal Caribbean International) in February while cruising the Caribbean on Solstice. We docked next to her. She still displays the X, though it is somewhat camouflaged. She still looks good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Pacific_Dream

There will probably need to be an addendum for Silhouette, as the ship has added over 15 new cabins, which has caused the cabin numbers in the aft section of the ship (behind the rear hump) to be renumbered.

Thanks for posting that info, C-Dragons!

Thanks for this. Do you have any further info on the new layout/numbering? I'm thinking of making a booking for Silhouette and prefer the aft section of the ship.

Thanks for this. Do you have any further info on the new layout/numbering? I'm thinking of making a booking for Silhouette and prefer the aft section of the ship.

The new deck plans for Silhouette were released to Captain's Club members:

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/CCSIEARLYBK0310/default.htm?ProspectID=73127DEB471B4EC299D34C1439E448C0

Archived