RCCL Radiance or X Mercury

DP

I have a Panama Canal cruise booked on both of these ships and must cancel one.I am Diamond + so get Elite status on Celebrity. I have sailed on the Radiance before but not Mercury. I realize Mercury is a much smaller ship without many of the bells and whistles of Radiance but i like the Elite program better. We are mid 60's so rock climbing walls don't appeal nor do we eat in specialty restaurants.

Would appreicate some advice.....

I can let you know what I think in a couple of weeks after we get off the Mercury. One thought at this time, have you looked at the Radiance thread re: flooding. On our last Radiance, we had some minor issues re the plumbing. Others have had worse. It would depend on the timing of your cruise. I'm hoping that they get Radiance fixed soon.

Thanks for your replies. Have read many reviews of Mercury and they all sound so positive I still can't make up my mind and final payment is coming up ...

Thanks for your replies. Have read many reviews of Mercury and they all sound so positive I still can't make up my mind and final payment is coming up ...

I don't know if this helps, but the end of cruise reviews turned into the ship at the end of the cruise (satisfaction reviews), Mercury is still getting the best in the fleet.

Satisfaction reviews take in to account service on all levels, quality of dining, quality of entertainment and so on.

Unfortunately, I don't know about the those same reviews for the Radiance

I'd have a very hard time choosing between the two. We are D+ on RCCL and Elite (even without the reciprocity) on Celebrity. We've been on both ships - Radiance 3 or 4 times and Mercury this past January. We loved both ships. I must tell you that the cabins are smaller on Mercury. Radiance is a gorgeous ship, and of course, you will have the Concierge Lounge (which I liked better than Michael's Club because I'm a coffee drinker and love to have it available to me all the time). Service was fabulous on both ships. On Mercury, we did miss having a specialty restaurant, but we got lucky and had wonderful tablemates who made it fun to come to dinner every night.

We do like the food and entertainment better on Celebrity, but Radiance has a special place in our hearts. We were on her the first time when she was very new and we were bowled over. I don't think you can go wrong on either ship. The Elite perks are wonderful - internet for 90 minutes each, free pressing of some clothing, free laundry (2 bags of up to 30 pieces each), etc.

I probably haven't been much help, but I had fun reliving my trips.

Archived