Show me your aft!

jhale

I'm also booked in the same cabin, 6483.

Just about everyone I've asked said I should be fine but I'll ask you since you have first hand experience about the cabin. Since we're right above the lounge did you and your wife hear any music/noise from below?

6483 is over the lounge but it is actually over the back corner of the lounge that has storage or something behind the DJ. So we did not experience any noise from below.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a great cruise, we knew the location was spotty but eek it was bad. You can hear karaoke and the comedian word for word. If you have a child wow the adult comedy might teach them some new words.:eek:

That being said if you stay out until 1:00 AM the cabin is awesome. No soot, trash or anything. Room stewards hit a home run.

We had a great time and I am so glad we decided to book this cabin. You will not be disappointed! We had the whole deck to ourselves to sit in the sun and relax. At night it was a great place to chill out!

54171810151461314299384.jpg

We had a great time and I am so glad we decided to book this cabin. You will not be disappointed! We had the whole deck to ourselves to sit in the sun and relax. At night it was a great place to chill out!

54171810151461314299384.jpg

Thank you aberthelot for posting!! I am now super excited :D

We'll be on the Triumph Sept.9 and we've booked aft wrap cabin 8433. Can't wait!

We will be in aft wrap 7422 on the Triumph just 10 days after you!!:p I am so excited...it is my first aft wrap and I am afraid I will be spoiled.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, just read the whole thread :D guess thats what happens when you get up way to early on a saturday morning!!

We were booked in a regular balcony for our upcoming cruise on the Valor, but moved to an aft.... our first!! :D hopefully we wont be disappointed lol

Anyone have pictures of 6485 on the Valor? also is there a lounger out there already or do i need to ask for one?

Cant wait!! :)

wow, just read the whole thread :D guess thats what happens when you get up way to early on a saturday morning!!

We were booked in a regular balcony for our upcoming cruise on the Valor, but moved to an aft.... our first!! :D hopefully we wont be disappointed lol

Anyone have pictures of 6485 on the Valor? also is there a lounger out there already or do i need to ask for one?

Cant wait!! :)

Found pics of 6487 - which showed a lounger. On our aft Liberty cruise, we had 2 chairs, a small table, and a lounger. Hope this helps :)

You can try Googling Valor cabin 6485 and see what pops up, too.

anyone cane tell me what the difference is between the ones in the middle or the ones on the ends for aft balconies? I am not talking about the wrap ones.

Just a headsup in case you all haven't heard that

Webshots photo's that are embedded all over this thread will be going away.

Webshots is changing and starting to charge and you can only share pictures by invitation.

Pretty soon this thread will be covered with a bunch of red "X's".:rolleyes:

Same thing happened to a whole raft of my Photobucket pics that I had linked to

on various CruiseCritic threads, over the years!

Now it's a bunch of red X's or similar disappointments. :cool:

I have no idea if the screwup happened at the P-bucket end,

or if CC decided to nix all their links

but the resolution at MY end..

is that I now link only to pics in the CruiseCritic Photo Gallery, that's all I can tell you.

Same thing happened to a whole raft of my Photobucket pics that I had linked to

on various CruiseCritic threads, over the years!

Now it's a bunch of red X's or similar disappointments. :cool:

I have no idea if the screwup happened at the P-bucket end,

or if CC decided to nix all their links

but the resolution at MY end..

is that I now link only to pics in the CruiseCritic Photo Gallery, that's all I can tell you.

I tried to look at your pictures on the cruisecritic photo gallery, it said You do not have permission to view the images in this category. :(

I can tell you the difference in the aft balcony rooms.

Beside of the wrap-around balconies, the aft rooms have ONLY a chair and table. There is NO couch in those rooms due to the extra space in the wraps. When we booked our latest aft, beside of the wrap, we called our pvp to inquire about the issue of no couch. He had to check himself because we told him what we found out from the other aft. They ARE usually only for 2 guest because of this. The Breeze has a chair and table only. The Freedom does too.

We have had the wraps, the room beside of the wraps on port and starboard side, afts in the middle, etc. Now on some ships, we have noticed that the room beside of the aft appears to have a slightly bigger balcony. Although our pvp said it was the same size. I have to disagree. The Conquest did. The Freedom didn't. The Dream didn't. Will let you know if the Breeze does.

On destiny type ships the room right next to the wraps dont have the couch the middle rooms do.

I got burned by this on my B2B I thought they all had couches so I thought I would get the advantage of being next to the wrap and hopefully catch a lil more of a breeze...Didn't work that way.

On conquest class ships - on the veranda deck - the aft cabins next to the wraps (8450 and 8457) have 1/3 larger balconies and they do have a couch in them. I don't think the empress deck is this way. We had 8450 on conquest and the wrap (8448) on freedom. I would take the aft over the wrap. If you do not have a large party it is a lot of deck for a couple people (not to mention much more expensive). Our balcony on conquest had 2 reg chairs and 2 lounge chairs and a table. We loved it!!!:rolleyes:

On conquest class ships - on the veranda deck - the aft cabins next to the wraps (8450 and 8457) have 1/3 larger balconies and they do have a couch in them. I don't think the empress deck is this way. We had 8450 on conquest and the wrap (8448) on freedom. I would take the aft over the wrap. If you do not have a large party it is a lot of deck for a couple people (not to mention much more expensive). Our balcony on conquest had 2 reg chairs and 2 lounge chairs and a table. We loved it!!!:rolleyes:

Deck 8 is the key for those larger balconies next to the wraps. On the conquest we had deck 7 and it was a regular ext balcony. On the Magic we had deck 8 next to the wrap and it was almost bigger than the wrap next to us. We have deck 8 on the Breeze and it is the same way as the Magic. The Triumph deck 8 next to wrap is bigger than the other ext balconies. If you want one of these you have to go to deck 8!!!!:p:D

We leave from NYC on the Splendor Cabin 7440 on Aug 13, 2013 picked this because I thought also would get a little bigger room. However, now that I don't have a couch I'm second guessing this. If we make the beds two twins that's going to take up alot of room. Thought with a couch, Kurt could sleep on that and me on the Bed. Anybody know the cabin?:rolleyes:

We have had the wraps, the room beside of the wraps on port and starboard side, afts in the middle, etc. Now on some ships, we have noticed that the room beside of the aft appears to have a slightly bigger balcony. Although our pvp said it was the same size. I have to disagree. The Conquest did. The Freedom didn't. The Dream didn't. Will let you know if the Breeze does.

When do you sail on Breeze? What cabin do you have? I'm on Breeze in August and have one of those cabins right next to the wrap cabin, so I'd be curious to know about the size of the cabin, balcony, etc.