Cabin care question

jean95404

My husband and I have just returned from a ten day cruise to the Caribbean. We were a little surprised that the bed linens were never changed during that time. Is this standard? I guess we could have asked the steward to provide us with an answer but never did.

With all of the experienced cruisers out there I am sure someone knows the answer to this. :confused::rolleyes:

Bedd linens are changed out every three days. How do you know yours were not? If not did you say something to the steward or hotel director. The time to complain about something like this is at the time it happens, not after the cruise is over.

In any event I would not be concernec as we only change ours at home every week.

While on the ship my DW makes thr bed before we leave for breakfast. About all the steward has to do is change out towels and three day linens.

How do you know yours were not?

For us, we knew because our little boy ate a chocolate chip cookie while in bed and got chocolate on the sheets...up near the head of the bed. That spot remained there the entire trip.

We didn't ask for them to be changed because it was pulling teeth to get much done and we figured we needed towels and trash emptied more than we needed sheets changed and we were pretty certain we wouldn't get it all. (I'm NOT bashing Princess...just this particular trip our service wasn't good.)

For us, we knew because our little boy ate a chocolate chip cookie while in bed and got chocolate on the sheets...up near the head of the bed. That spot remained there the entire trip.

We didn't ask for them to be changed because it was pulling teeth to get much done and we figured we needed towels and trash emptied more than we needed sheets changed and we were pretty certain we wouldn't get it all. (I'm NOT bashing Princess...just this particular trip our service wasn't good.)

It sounds like you had very poor service from your cabin steward. Something like this needed to be brought to their attention. IMHO, when passengers don't 'speak up' and voice their displeasure for services such as this, or at least make a request and give the steward time to redeem themselves, then the room steward becomes even more lax as time goes on. Sorry you had this problem, but next time, I would definitely bring it to the steward's attention, and if that didn't work, I would speak with their supervisor or the hotel manager. I hope your next cruise you have a better room steward. ;)

Boy, I would have said something as that's not right and shouldn't have happened. If the Front Desk wouldn't/couldn't help you, I'd go to the Captain's Circle Host(ess). I'm sorry you had this happen. That's very poor service.

No excuse for poor service. You also shouldn’t have to worry about your service being compromised if in fact you did bring it the attention of the cabin steward or higher. Hope you had a good Cruise.

I wasn't complaining, just asking for clarification. All of the other services in our room were excellent. Our steward even straightened up our shoes in nice tid:)y rows. I know the sheets weren't changed because of a drop of wine on the edge of one sheet.

The cruise was wonderful, love Princess.

I just wanted to know if this was something I should have addressed to our steward. Next time I will know since you were all kind enough to take the time and respond to my questions.

Thank you all!

We have cruised 3 times with Princess on different ships and we have always had our linen changed every 3rd to 4th day.

I would have definitely said something especially if it was a cruise over 7 days!

If there is a particuliar service that you need them to do, speak up. If I spilled something on the sheets, etc, I would have ask for the sheets to be changed. Most of the cabin stewards are excellent, but if one isn't nothing will be done unless people speak up. Princess definately welcomes the feedback. Sorry yours was not the best experience, but don't give up on Princess yet.:)

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. This was a one time occurance but when we were into our fourth night without a change we simple stripped the beds left the sheets on the floor, placed the "Service" sign in the door lock and went to breakfast. Message understood and no problem thereafter.

Archived