Second Helpings @ Normandy

rothjer

Good Morning All !!!

Maybe a tad bit of a silly question, but after reading all of these reviews in regards to Normandy we are looking forward to booking at least 2 times on our upcomming cruise. Question though, on previous sailings on Costa and X (Murano on Century) we were allowed to order more than one appetizer/entree. For me, I LOVE appetizers, and really do enjoy trying all of the ones on the menu. Is this "allowed" in Normandy or is a faux pas?

Good Morning All !!!

Maybe a tad bit of a silly question, but after reading all of these reviews in regards to Normandy we are looking forward to booking at least 2 times on our upcomming cruise. Question though, on previous sailings on Costa and X (Murano on Century) we were allowed to order more than one appetizer/entree. For me, I LOVE appetizers, and really do enjoy trying all of the ones on the menu. Is this "allowed" in Normandy or is a faux pas?

Don't think you can as others have stated....also...unless you have a huge appetite you won't have room for more than one...servings are more than adequate and I've never left Normandie feeling anything less than STUFFED!!!:D

There are so many courses in Normandie that you may not be able to fit anything more. My wife and I were satisfied before the last course. And the servings are larger than in the MDR. Like I said in another thread, the lobster was larger than the steak!

Actually, my wife and I ate at the Normandie last year, and I was having trouble deciding between two appetizers (I think it was lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle). It was no problem getting an extra one, and my wife and I shared the goat cheese souffle. It was very delicious and very rich, so am glad I shared it didn't eat the whole thing!

By the time dessert came, we were very full.

I hope you love the Normandie - I have eaten in many top restaurants around the US, and, believe it or not, this is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.

Actually, my wife and I ate at the Normandie last year, and I was having trouble deciding between two appetizers (I think it was lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle). It was no problem getting an extra one, and my wife and I shared the goat cheese souffle. It was very delicious and very rich, so am glad I shared it didn't eat the whole thing!

By the time dessert came, we were very full.

I hope you love the Normandie - I have eaten in many top restaurants around the US, and, believe it or not, this is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.

This has been our experience also. The wait staff does not promote multiple appetizers, but we usually get bisque and also share a souffle. We also tend to skip the cheese course to save room for the desert souffle! :)

Glad to hear some people have been able to order additional items. I saw a copy of them menu someone posted and I know I will have a terrible time trying to decide what to choose.

Me too! I REALLY love appetizers, I never really care much for the mains anyhow. By the sounds of what I have read, I don't think I can just stick to one. However, we are booking two seatings at Normandy, perhaps we should look into one more!?

Me too! I REALLY love appetizers, I never really care much for the mains anyhow. By the sounds of what I have read, I don't think I can just stick to one. However, we are booking two seatings at Normandy, perhaps we should look into one more!?

We have on night booked, if we can swing it I'd love to do 2 though :)

Archived