am I being impatient?? (Early Saver)

StingRaysfan

So on Monday I saw a price drop for $20 a person for our cruise on the Valor in May!! WHOO HOO!!!. sent off the request and instantly got the "we got your request wait 3 days" email. I know today is actually day 3... but I guess I expected it sooner after reading some of the threads on this board. What is normal to hear back??? How long has it taken you before???

I would also like to add that yesterday I found that it dropped ANOTHER 20 bucks a person so I submitted that also... do my claims get done separately??? or do I need to wait another 3 days now for the whole thing???

Signed... Impatient

If you have the time, it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure. I know that when I sailed on the Carnival Elation, I submitted two price drop forms; was ready to call when I checked my email again and low and behold, there was the message stating I had received OBC for both submissions! :p

Be patient and don't despair!

I've submitted three Early Saver forms in the past week. I submitted the first one on Thursday and was approved within 2 or 3 hours! I submitted the second one on Saturday and the third one on Sunday and got an email today that both of those requests were accepted. We have on board credits for $250 per room (3 people per room). That will pay for our gratuities plus one or two DOD!

Think good thoughts and it will happen to you.

They can take up to the full 3 days to do it, mine have varied from day 1 to day 3 so I think it depends on how busy they are.

And they do them separately, BUT, if they go in and see the rate is even lower now and adjust it to current rates they must just skip the second form all together since you already put in a request and give you the current rates... either way you can get both.

Just wondering how many price drop early saver forms have you ever gotten for a trip? :confused: We are on #3 and think it is great! Very surprised!:rolleyes: This is our first cruise with Carnival so when we booked we were ready to pay that price but it has been so awesome to get these reductions.

Thanks for your responses everyone! Ironically, I guess I WAS being super impatient!!!! I submitted the first early saver on Monday around 6 pm... last night at 6:08 pm I recieved confirmation of the first price drop in my email!! lol They weren't kidding about 3 days......on the dot

At the same time I was calling him with the news, DH checked his email and he had confirmation of the second price drop! (I had used his email address for that one) SOOOO we did get the full $80!

SLRteach this is only our first two price drops... hoping for more by the time we cruise!!

Just wondering how many price drop early saver forms have you ever gotten for a trip? :confused: We are on #3 and think it is great! Very surprised!:rolleyes: This is our first cruise with Carnival so when we booked we were ready to pay that price but it has been so awesome to get these reductions.

We have had ummm 5 or 6! I lost count honestly LOL. We've only gotten to see an OBC on 3 of them but a lower bill on atleast 2 others. We have about 3 weeks and a TON of cabins still available so I'm hopeful for ANOTHER one or 2 lol. We're at about 400 in OBC right now and would love to see the 750 obc we had on our first cruise.

We are booked for September. When, typically do price drops happen? Closer to your cruise, or just any random time?

It all depends on how well it's selling. We booked our cruise in July of last year. We had a small drop I think in october and another small drop in november and then the price soared! It went up high enough over what we were at that I didn't honestly expect a dime in OBC. then the price dropped a few times and gave us hope just before final payment. It hit below ours right before (2 weeks?) final payment and has been falling ever since. Right now ALL balconies for quads are the same price and for doubles they are just $30 difference with an aft extended and 8a's. I know from looking at the deck plans there are a TON of 8k's on the ship and I think that has alot to do with it. So It mainly has alot to do with availability.

Archived