Cafe Caribe, Horizon Ct. questions

SraLiz

The Cafe Caribe is a mini buffet, and directly aft of the Horizon Court. I have never checked to see if it is open on embarkation day. Many times during the cruise, we have found since it is smaller, it doesn't offer the variety that the HC does, but in the evenings it is where the themed dinners were held, buffet style.

On ships that have it, Cafe Caribe is a separate buffet line further back from Horizon Court, usually open for Dinner and some specialty lunches. It also serves a "lighter" breakfast. I think they explain that it is more continental but they still serve hot items. Except for breakfast, Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe buffet lines are usually not both open at the same time.

As usual though, there are exceptions and we have seen them operated differently from ship to ship. As already mentioned, Horizon Court will be open on embarkation day for lunch and Cafe Caribe will not be, however you can grab your food and head back toward that area to find a table. If you head to the buffet via the aft elevators, just watch for signs and they will usually direct you to the area that's currently open.

Dave

As others have mentioned

The Cafe Caribe has a different theme each night

~ Biergarten, Oriental sushi , Pasta bar, Creole, Provencal, Rijstafel, Bavarian, & Madras.

Where as Horizon serves basic buffet food, offering more selection.

Once seated there are waiters to serve you drinks or anything else you may need.

The other week both the horizon court and the cafe caribe were open on embarkation day lunch. Cafe caribe had sandwiches, fruit and dessert. It was busy and we were looking for a table of 6 so ended up sitting back there and we all headed off to different parts of deck 15 to get lunch!

I have also seen the Cafe Caribe open for breakfast, it just has limited selections for those wishing to have a lighter breakfast meal.

I've seen it open and not open for breakfast. Guess it depends on the Ship.....

Bob

I've seen it open and not open for breakfast. Guess it depends on the Ship.....

Bob

I've heard it depends on how many people are on the ship determines if Café Caribe is open for breakfast or not. If the ship is sailing at close to maximum capacity (lots of triples and quads), Café Caribe will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Horizon may also be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on these very full sailings.

Archived