Live from Star Princess 4-18-10

lizmit

I'm sitting in the intenet cafe waiting for the International Cafe to open so I can buy my coffee card. I normally wouldn't be up this early but lugging heavy suitcases did my back in.

Yesterday was our first day - the ship is beautiful but hard to navigate - it seems to be very disjointed. I'm sure by next Saturday I'll be a pro and able to get where I want with no problems.

The ocean was pretty calm, thank God. Sailaway party was lively, then dh & I went to get accupuncture to help our backs...not so much yet, but we bought a 3 visit pack so there's hope.

The ship has just this minute docked at Nassau. It's overcast and warm here - still dark so I can't tell you much else. Carnival Imagination is already docked, I think it'll only be the two of us here.

Foregoing shore excursions we're going to have a couples massage at 9:15 this morning, followed by our 2nd accupuncture appointment, then we'll lie on a hot stone heated thermal bed for awhile, maybe hop into the thermal sauna then a cool rainforest shower.

Sound good? We've decided to skip buying expensive items on shore for the luxury of pampering ourselves ... in case you didn't notice.

Ship staff all seem very pleasant as well as fellow passengers. I love a happy cruise.

Today we'll have our first Cruise Critic meet & greet.

I'll jump back on to add more when something warrants it, if anyone has any questions about the ship that I can try to answer, or find the answer to - fire away.

Happy sails

~ Liz

Will be glad to read your posts. Have 2 cruises booked on the Star and am getting concerned re the number of bad reviews lately

We just got off of the Star yesterday, and had a great cruise, because of the family that we were with. The ship and her crew, were pretty bad though!

Have a great cruise... I look forward to your cruise reports, our last two trips were on the STAR.

Who is the Master of the ship - who is the Passenger Services Director (Hotel manager) and who is the Mairtre D?

I look forward to your answers and have a cup of coffee for me. Hope your back is feeling better.

Michael

I just got off the Star as well and have to admit I can't imagine what problems people could have had with the ship or the crew! We saw our cabin steward on the first day, and never saw him again, didn't need to see him again he kept our cabin tidy that was all i expected from him.

I went to dinner the servers brought me my food I ate I left, never one time did they not bring me my food, always made sure I was fine. what else would i expect from them?

If I had a question I asked somebody they answered it and I said thank you they said your welcome, and i went about my business.

The ship was clean a little confusing at first but had that figured out after the first hour on board, and had a good time doing it.

I am not sure what people expect from the crew they are busy working very busy working, they never stop I am actualy surprised they are not more short with people considering their work load. That was my only observation of the crew, was how hard they have to work! I would not be happy if they were rude but I certainly understand indifferent.

I'm sitting in the intenet cafe waiting for the International Cafe to open so I can buy my coffee card. I normally wouldn't be up this early but lugging heavy suitcases did my back in.

Yesterday was our first day - the ship is beautiful but hard to navigate - it seems to be very disjointed. I'm sure by next Saturday I'll be a pro and able to get where I want with no problems.

The ocean was pretty calm, thank God. Sailaway party was lively, then dh & I went to get accupuncture to help our backs...not so much yet, but we bought a 3 visit pack so there's hope.

The ship has just this minute docked at Nassau. It's overcast and warm here - still dark so I can't tell you much else. Carnival Imagination is already docked, I think it'll only be the two of us here.

Foregoing shore excursions we're going to have a couples massage at 9:15 this morning, followed by our 2nd accupuncture appointment, then we'll lie on a hot stone heated thermal bed for awhile, maybe hop into the thermal sauna then a cool rainforest shower.

Sound good? We've decided to skip buying expensive items on shore for the luxury of pampering ourselves ... in case you didn't notice.

Ship staff all seem very pleasant as well as fellow passengers. I love a happy cruise.

I'll jump back on to add more when something warrants it, if anyone has any questions about the ship that I can try to answer, or find the answer to - fire away.

Happy sails

~ Liz

Thanks for doing the live from. Have a great day in Nassau. :)

Got off the Star as you got on.

We enjoyed the ship and crew was very friendly & helpful.

MUTS was very popular , get there early to grab a good seat as soon as

previous show ends.

Anytime dining worked out well for us. Always got our table for 2 with little or no wait (as long as it wasn't 6:30-7:30pm).

Internationl Cafe was a hit for those little snacks and great coffee's .

Hope your TA got you the "good" coupon book with the 2 for 1 Coffee Card coupon.:D

Heading out on the transatlantic and Baltic cruise when you bring her back from the Carribbean. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise as I know you are enjoying yours right now. We haven't been on the Star in years, but have been on her sister ships and have enjoyed all of them. Happy cruising and bring her back safe and sound.

Helen

Happy sails

~ Liz

Thanks for the live update. Sounds like you will have fun on the spa!

If Raquel is still tending bar in the Wheelhouse can you ask her if she still has the coffee bean please?

We just got off of the Star yesterday, and had a great cruise, because of the family that we were with. The ship and her crew, were pretty bad though!

Can you elaborate on "pretty bad"? What did you find "bad" about the ship and crew?

Thanks

Can you elaborate on "pretty bad"? What did you find "bad" about the ship and crew?

Thanks

I just got off the Star as well and have to admit I can't imagine what problems people could have had with the ship or the crew! We saw our cabin steward on the first day, and never saw him again, didn't need to see him again he kept our cabin tidy that was all i expected from him.

I went to dinner the servers brought me my food I ate I left, never one time did they not bring me my food, always made sure I was fine. what else would i expect from them?

If I had a question I asked somebody they answered it and I said thank you they said your welcome, and i went about my business.

The ship was clean a little confusing at first but had that figured out after the first hour on board, and had a good time doing it.

I am not sure what people expect from the crew they are busy working very busy working, they never stop I am actualy surprised they are not more short with people considering their work load. That was my only observation of the crew, was how hard they have to work! I would not be happy if they were rude but I certainly understand indifferent.

Thank you for posting a "live from".

You are on one of our favorite ships. We have always found the crew to be excellent. Last sailed on the Star Oct/Nov for 30 days....wonderful trip. Enjoyed the crew very much.

Bring her back to Fort Lauderdale safe and sound, we will be boarding her for 28 days. Really looking forward to it.

Archived