Promenade View Cabin or ocean view cabin at very front or aft of ship?

Okay I want to book my cabin today. My choice is either a promenade view cabin or an ocean view cabin. My TA tells me my the only option for ocean view is either the very front of the ship or the aft. I have always been mid ship in a balcony cabin so not sure what to do.

What would you do - promenade view cabin or ocean view front of ship or aft?

Would really value advice.

We love the Promenade rooms. Have been on 3 Voyager class ships in Promenade rooms on deck 8. We have always booked a room in the center of the Promenade. Quiet rooms, room darkening shades block any light from Promenade and the big window gives an inside room the feel of a balcony.

If you want the oceanview the aft is preferably to the front .. less motion.

Okay I want to book my cabin today. My choice is either a promenade view cabin or an ocean view cabin. My TA tells me my the only option for ocean view is either the very front of the ship or the aft. I have always been mid ship in a balcony cabin so not sure what to do.

We were just on the Freedom and had an oceanview at the very front of the ship. It was great! The cabin seemed bigger than usual due to its triangular shape, and we had 2 huge round windows and privacy.:)

Just my two cents worth...Just returned on from a 13 day cruise out of New York on the Explorer and stayed in a promenade stateroom, mid-ship. Agree with the previous posts but just want to add that ALL promenade cabins on all three decks are very, very noisy on the first night when the parades are in in the evening. We were tired from our drive into New York and my husband was pretty annoyed with the the banging going on. Believe me when I say it was indeed too much that first night. There was no getting away from the noise for about one hour or so no matter what deck or room. If you plan on staying up around 9-10 pm then you can enjoy the parade as well as the noise. The parade itself is basically employees in costumes and loud music. There was again on the last night a small show and that was it. So only a couple of hours of noise. Other than that very quiet and our neighbours all had their drapes closed all of the time. Enjoy your cruise no matter what you choose. The cruise will be what you make of it. Leyla.:):)

We love promenade rooms when we don't have a balcony. They are great for people watching, parade watching. Just remember to draw the drapes. People can see in:eek:

Tell me about it. Loved our prom but 3 times I forgot about the curtins. LOL. Lucky for me I was on the other side of the bed. I don't think anyone saw in. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Hi, We have had both promenade cabins and aft balconies and we would much prefer the aft balcony. We did also enjoy the promenade when we had it as we did enjoy people watching and the parades and all but we have since had two aft balconies and now book ONLY aft balconies. We have currently got two more cruises booked and both are aft balconies. They are HUGE and so peaceful and you actually get to see whatever is on either side of the ship. just my two cents worth.........enjoy your cruise!

I had one of the triangular oceanview cabins at the front of the ship on the Navigator and completely loved it; just a tad less than a balcony. The promenade cabins are too small for my taste and you constantly have to close the curtains or people will see you getting undressed or coming out of the shower.

We were just on the Freedom and had an oceanview at the very front of the ship. It was great! The cabin seemed bigger than usual due to its triangular shape, and we had 2 huge round windows and privacy.:)

I second that! Though my experience was with a triangular front oceanview cabin on the Navigator.

Tell me about it. Loved our prom but 3 times I forgot about the curtins. LOL. Lucky for me I was on the other side of the bed. I don't think anyone saw in. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

One evening, I was having a late night orange juice on the Royal Promenade (ok I admit the real reason was that I was waiting for a cute Italian guy who worked at the front desk to start his shift so that I could bomb him with questions, haha) and as I looked up, I saw a couple having intercourse completely oblivious to the fact that their promenade cabin curtains were open. Since they were an older couple, it was quite disturbing for me. :(

one evening, i was having a late night orange juice on the royal promenade (ok i admit the real reason was that i was waiting for a cute italian guy who worked at the front desk to start his shift so that i could bomb him with questions, haha) and as i looked up, i saw a couple having intercourse completely oblivious to the fact that their promenade cabin curtains were open. Since they were an older couple, it was quite disturbing for me. :(

hahahahahahahaha !!!!!

• 6 years later...

Another vote for Promenade over Ocean View. Unless you have a balcony, you're not going to sit in your cabin and stare out the window at the water. They are also on decks 2 and 3, so they're further away from the "fun." With the promenade cabins, you get the extra window seat, and it is fun to look down and watch the promenade.