Sugar Free Coconut Cake Recipe?

That cake is absolutely wonderful! My husband and I consumed some of it last week on the Voyager. Although I don't have the recipe, I believe some of the ingredients are

splenda restaurant only supplies. I know it contains splenda vanilla moose (can't spell it!), which is a commercial only product.

Maybe someone will have the recipe. :)

Cruzin Lady

I asked the head server for the recipe last week because I loved this cake and this is what he gave me:

Coconut Vanilla Layer Cake

Servings: 10

10 packets nutra sweet sugar-free sponge mix vanilla

1 liter water

1.5 gallons heavy cream

2 cans nutra sweet vanilla mousse mix

350 milliliters nutrasweet sugar and coconut milk syrup

as needed roasted coconut

whipped cream, rosette

as needed sugar free raspberry sauce

fresh raspberries

frest mint

Mix the sponge mix with the water. Scrape down the sides of the bowl for better results.

Mix until smooth and there are no lumps.

Pour the mixture into 10 greased cake pans, bake in a pre-heated 350F degree oven for 20 minutes.

For the filling: whip the cream. Slowly add the nutra sweet vanilla and mix until the mixture is soft and fluffy.

Add the coconut syrup for flavoring.

To assemble: cut the sponge cake into three layers and sprinkle each with coconut syrup.

Spread the filling on the bottom layer, top with the middle layer, add more filling and top with final layer, mask the cake off.

Cover the cake (sides and top) with the roasted coconut.

Refrigerate.

Cut each cake into 12 portions per cake.

Serve on a 9" plate.

Arrange on plate per photograph.

Dinner Captains Gala, RCI Dessert sugar-free

Here is the recipie I have. I have many of the food and drink recipies. I used to work for RCI and we kept a database of the recipies for when guests would ask. If we didn't have it we would email the ship to get one. If there is any food you want from RCI you can email them, they will get it for you. SOMETIMES the recipie will only be available in servings of 100+.

SUGARFREE COCONUT LAYER CAKE.

Recipe for 1 Cake

FOR THE SPONGE:

INGREDIENTS QUANTITY

Spa layer cake and muffin mix (vanilla) 1lb. 14oz

Whole eggs 9oz

Oil 9oz

Water 9oz

METHOD:

1. Mix Spa layer cake and Muffin mix, Oil, whole eggs and Water for 2 minutes on medium speed.

2. Add water and mix for 1 minute. Scrape bowl and paddle. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.

3. Put in cake molds and bake at 375degrees F for 25-30 minutes.

FOR THE CREAM:

Whipping cream 1 quart

Equal sugar 2 to 3 oz (to taste)

Malibu 1 fl oz

Slightly roasted desicated coconut 1 lb

1. Whip cream, sugar, Malibu in a mixing bowl until firm

2. Cut the sponge into 3 equal layers.

3. Apply cream between each layer of sponge and also on the top and the sides of the cake.

4. Garnish with roasted coconut.

I looked at the files I had and it appears I had another recipie for the cake. Not sure whihc one you wanted.

Sugar Free Vanilla Coconut Layer Cake

Sponge:

Ingredients:

2 eggs

2 tbsp. artificial sweetener

3/4 c. polyunsaturated cooking oil

1 tsp. baking soda

2 c. flour

1 tsp. vanilla

Direction:

Add eggs, sweetener, and cooking oil. Mix well. Blend in baking soda and flour. Add vanilla. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured 8 x 8 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.

Mousse;

Use an instant Vanilla pudding mix & mix to instructions on package

Layer pudding with the sugar free cake then coat with toasted unsweetened coconut

Thanks for sharing your recipes! While I'm not usually a fan of artificial sweeteners, this cake is just so delicious! We missed it the night it was served in the MDR because we were at Portofino - we asked our server if we could get a few pieces a few nights later for my son's birthday - she brought us an entire cake!

Robin

• 3 weeks later...
Let us know whenever you do! :) Not sure what to use instead of the "spa cake" mix. I looked it up and it seems that it's a restaurant mix.

I couldn't find any info on the spa cake mix so was thinking about trying it with just a regular cake mix.

I need to do this when there are enough other people to help eat the cake so I don't go crazy and eat too much of it.:rolleyes:

I couldn't find any info on the spa cake mix so was thinking about trying it with just a regular cake mix.

I need to do this when there are enough other people to help eat the cake so I don't go crazy and eat too much of it.:rolleyes:

LOL :p I know what you mean... I will probably end up eating most of it.

I found this site for the sugar free mousse -- http://asugarfreecandystore.com/sasumomix-fr.html

You can also find similar products off of Amazon marketplace. I was also thinking of checking out local grocery stores if they have a "diabetic/sugar free" section.

I've been raving about this cake for years. But if you use the regular cake mix, you will get sugar in it. No sugar free cake mix is there? I always order this cake almost every night, can't get enough of it. Try asking for some strawberries with it, they'll bring it for you...mmmmmmmmmmm

Here is a commercial source for the cake, but it doesn't give you quantity. It costs a lot and I think it is 25 lbs of mix:

http://www.abelandschafer.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=451&lastcatid=100&step=4

The recipe for sponge cake:

spacer1x1.gifRecipe: Basic Recipe for Sugar Free Sponge Cake Mix spacer1x1.gifIngredientsSugar Free Sponge Cake Mix 10.00 lb Egg Whites 6.00 lb Whole Eggs 2.00 lb Water 2.00 lb Total weight:20.00 lb Yield:54 piecespicture of baked goodbasic recipe : no picture available

Handling InstructionsMixing Instructions

Add: Sugar Free Sponge Cake Miix on top of liquids into mixing bowl.

Swirl: Dry mix just to moisten.

Whip: 6-8 minutes on high speed with wire whip.

Scale: 6oz. for 7"layer : 10oz for 8" layer.

Baking Temperature: 340°F

;)

Here is a commercial source for the cake, but it doesn't give you quantity. It costs a lot and I think it is 25 lbs of mix:

http://www.abelandschafer.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=451&lastcatid=100&step=4

The recipe for sponge cake:

spacer1x1.gifRecipe: Basic Recipe for Sugar Free Sponge Cake Mix spacer1x1.gifIngredientsSugar Free Sponge Cake Mix 10.00 lb Egg Whites 6.00 lb Whole Eggs 2.00 lb Water 2.00 lb Total weight:20.00 lb Yield:54 piecespicture of baked goodbasic recipe : no picture available

Handling InstructionsMixing Instructions

Add: Sugar Free Sponge Cake Miix on top of liquids into mixing bowl.

Swirl: Dry mix just to moisten.

Whip: 6-8 minutes on high speed with wire whip.

Scale: 6oz. for 7"layer : 10oz for 8" layer.

Baking Temperature: 340°F

You are on the right track. :D

What to do with 25 lbs. of flour? :eek:

I found this on the internet.

"Spa Cake and muffin mix is a mix used in commercial kitchens and bakeries."

Next to the Flourless Chocolate Cake that is my favorite also.

I've been raving about this cake for years. But if you use the regular cake mix, you will get sugar in it. No sugar free cake mix is there? I always order this cake almost every night, can't get enough of it. Try asking for some strawberries with it, they'll bring it for you...mmmmmmmmmmm

I was not thinking about the sugar free part! I did buy a sugar free cake mix but can't remember the brand and don't know if it is still being offered. Got it sometime last year.

Archived