Enterprise Car Rental on Islands

ebtrip

Hi Hawaii Travelers,

Has anyone used Enterprise Car Rental on Kauai, Hilo, Honolulu & Maui Lahaina.. They seem to have the best rates in January 2011. Wanted to know if locations were close to the piers and if the shuttles were on time picking up passengers. Thanks

Hi Hawaii Travelers,

Has anyone used Enterprise Car Rental on Kauai, Hilo, Honolulu & Maui Lahaina.. They seem to have the best rates in January 2011. Wanted to know if locations were close to the piers and if the shuttles were on time picking up passengers. Thanks

No, I always use Priceline (name your own price) or Hotwire, as they've always had the best rates.

No, I always use Priceline (name your own price) or Hotwire, as they've always had the best rates.

Thanks for the info, but on Priceline or Hotwire you need to prepay, & we may not use all the cars..

We rented from Enterprise on Hilo last fall. No problem at all. We just walked over to the little office on the pier, they called the shuttle for us and we were at the airport picking up our car. All of the other rental agencies had long lines, but none for Enterprise (not sure why unless it was because you had to actually call for the shuttle which only took minutes). Enjoy your trip to Hawaii!

We rented from Enterprise on Hilo last fall. No problem at all. We just walked over to the little office on the pier, they called the shuttle for us and we were at the airport picking up our car. All of the other rental agencies had long lines, but none for Enterprise (not sure why unless it was because you had to actually call for the shuttle which only took minutes). Enjoy your trip to Hawaii!

Thanks for the info.. Can you call Enterprise from the ship when docking, to have a car waiting.

when I booked through Enterprise last month, I told them that I would be arriving at the port, and would they pick me up. They said they would and gave you the number to call. When we arrived at the port, we called and were told that 'they would pick us up, but we had to get to the airport, they would pick you up there:eek:. ' So my only option was to get a taxi for $25 to get to their location near the airport. At the Enterprise counter they acted as if pickup at the port was unheard of. Unfortunately I did see other rental car shuttles waiting at the port. So don't let the cheap Enterprise rates fool you.

when I booked through Enterprise last month, I told them that I would be arriving at the port, and would they pick me up. They said they would and gave you the number to call. When we arrived at the port, we called and were told that 'they would pick us up, but we had to get to the airport, they would pick you up there:eek:. ' So my only option was to get a taxi for $25 to get to their location near the airport. At the Enterprise counter they acted as if pickup at the port was unheard of. Unfortunately I did see other rental car shuttles waiting at the port. So don't let the cheap Enterprise rates fool you.

Thanks for this info.. We want to golf and do not want to be delayed.

I think we will review our choices again.. Do you have any suggestions as to which rental company was the quickiest at the piers. By the way, which port did you have the problem.

I rented Enterprise in Honolulu. Everywhere else I rented from Thrifty or Dollar. I have the Thrifty Blue Chip card which makes the Thrifty process very quick. Thrifty was always at the pier waiting for us to arrive and were always quick to get us on our way. The only reason I chose Enterprise in Honolulu was because they advertised picking you up at the pier.

For my coming trip, I made reservations for every port ( Kahului, Hilo, Kona and Nawiliwili) from Enterprise except for Honolulu.

Now, I'm worrying if they will pick us up.

I'm feeling the same way.. I have double booked some of the cars.

I called Thrifty in Honolulu, they said they would pick up at the pier from their airport location. Im not sure if that location will be right for us. Since Im not cruising until January, I will wait for some better rates.

Used off airport location for Enterprise in Hilo. They had two vans at the pier, one for airport and one for off airport location. I believe it was cheaper because airport tax not added. We were given a Dodge Charger for a compact car reservation. I would do it again. Saw Enterprise van at pier in Kauai. We were using Dollar there.

to know...

I now have the Thrifty Blue Chip Card. Thanks to CC Members!! However I already booked my cars. Hope that doesn't make any difference in anything?

Knoa was all sold out for SUV's so we went with Enterprise. Hope to get PU at ship. Will have to check about phoning ahead.

I have always gotten a cab to the airports to get the car rentals in Hawaiian Ports. Hopefully now there will be shuttles at all the ports & it will be quicker, cheaper & they will take all 3 of us to the rental counter.

Should I expect PU from Thrifty or should I call ahead from the ship?

to know...

I now have the Thrifty Blue Chip Card. Thanks to CC Members!! However I already booked my cars. Hope that doesn't make any difference in anything?

Knoa was all sold out for SUV's so we went with Enterprise. Hope to get PU at ship. Will have to check about phoning ahead.

I have always gotten a cab to the airports to get the car rentals in Hawaiian Ports. Hopefully now there will be shuttles at all the ports & it will be quicker, cheaper & they will take all 3 of us to the rental counter.

Should I expect PU from Thrifty or should I call ahead from the ship?

Thrifty was there at every pier with shuttles except Kona. The shuttle for Enterprise in Kona was a quick phone call away--they opened at 8am and by 8:10 they met us at the banyon tree by the pier.

Archived