Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Hey gang ~ I have finished the review -- honest, I have. However, it's too lengthy to put into a post so I have submitted it to the Cruise Critic reviews section. They say they'll release reviews in about five days. I'll post a link here when they do. If you are dying to read it (I'm scared !) you can email me and I'll email it to you. I'm warning you, I'm wordy :) -- email me at aygoyer@one.net.

Hope the next group on the Sun is now having a great time!

Hi CC Gang! We are on board the Sun and having a great time. We had a wonderful sail-away party with all the group from CC and have been having dinner, drinks, and fun together. It was nice to have a group waiting for us that we had already made contact with through CC online.

The weather has been the best possible. It was about 75 in Ft Lauderdale when we left and we had a beautiful day in Princess Cays today. The seas have been calm and the food and entertainment so far has been great. We just wanted to let you know that we made it on board and will report our activities as we go. For all of you that will be sailing next week, we will try to answer any questions you might have.

Better sign off for now as we are meeting some of our CC friends (Vparrish) for a comedy show here pretty soon. We will be at sea all day tomorrow so will try to get in here to post again.:o

CFL ~ good....you'll have lots of time to stay awake and clean out that garage :D

Joe ~ I'll email it to you.

Cruzzers ~ glad to hear your cruise is off to a wonderful start. Hope you have smooth sailing and sunny skies the whole time. Happy sailing!

Cruzzers..glad this is continued....really enjoy the posts from onboard..just got a tremendous special offer for the Sun leaving 3/29..can't talk DH into it..but boy do I wish! :)

Anne..can't wait to read the review!

CFL..I remember you said you bought a new house..have you moved yet? That's almost as exciting as a cruise..just ALOT more work...

Cruzzers

So glad there is someone on board to keep us up to date. There are a bunch of us who met on the CC roll call leaving on the Sun Feb 27. Some of us have sailed her before and met onboard previously. We're really glad to hear the weather is good and the ocean has calmed. We have really enjoyed following along with everyone - it has really heightened the anticipation. Have a wonderful cruise and I hope you can continue to keep us posted.

CD Dan isn't really going on vacation is he?

C&B

C&B ~ I'm really sorry to tell you that CD Dan does actually leave the Sun on Feb 27. I had asked him because pmat wanted me to let him know they were going to be there. I'm sorry you'll miss him. I thought he and his staff did a good job. You'll still have a great time.

mkk ~ I'm thinking the ship must be half empty on the 29th sailing. This was the sailing they were offering people on our cruise to move to....and they were offering big $$$ to those willing to switch from our cruise to this one. Maybe it's the after spring break thing. Wish we could do it but too much work to do. We had this same thing happen last year. The cruise the week after Easter spring break was dirt cheap on the Golden Princess ($650 for a balcony) so we did it since we were already in south Florida for a business meeting. Keep working on DH....maybe you'll change his mind.

cruzzers,

Welcome aboard! Glad you're finally on the ship and keeping us posted...thanks!

Anne,

Starting on the garage this wknd...thanks! When I have an hour or two to spare,I'll curl up in front of the fire with your "novel" which I just printed...thanks again!

mkk,

We have already started packing and get the keys on the 26th...thanks for asking.Want to help move?

c&bcruise & FBrew,

I'm sure you're both getting anxious for your cruise reading this thread,I know we did.The Sun is a beautiful ship and her crew is first-rate!I'm sure you'll enjoy her as much as we did.Keep us informed of your cruise.

Another beautiful day at sea today! We had a great day yesterday at Princess Cays and looking forward to St. Thomas tomorrow. I think we are getting a taxi with some of our CC friends on board and heading to the beach together. Will let you guys know which one and how we liked it.

So far the staff, ship, food has been wonderful. Nothing at all to complain about.

Don't work too hard and for those of you sailing next week, Get packin!!!

We will soon be getting ready for formal night tonight so will write again later.

Cruiserforlife

I really enjoyed your posting on your cruise. You did it so well. I am lucky I can turn the computer on. I am glad you had such a good time and every thing went great. We are going down 2 days early. When we went on the Dawn Princess everyone that had gone on it said it was awful in there reviews and it was the best cruise we were ever on. I rated it a 10.

Yes we are getting excited.

Thanks again for the review

Phyllis

I have really enjoyed reading this Live from the Sun reports everyday! My hubby and I are getting ready to sail on Sun Feb26 also. We are meeting CC members on the ship too. I am getting excited even more now just reading this! I hope the weather is good for us too but if not i am sure we will enjoy it! This is our 3rd cruise with Princess and we just loved them all! Its my first time on the Sun so we can't wait to sail! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Anne..yes I think the post spring break cruises have not sold as well...our friends (who were on the same sailing as you and CFL) were offered a great deal that they couldn't take advantage of...

CFL..good luck with the move...I would help if I were in CA...I LOVE to move...

(Is that normal? :) )

cruzzers..thanks for the continuing updates....

This is my third attempt to post on this thread..hope they fix the boards soon!

Hi

We just got off the Sun Princess sailing 2/7/05, I must say it was the best cruise ever. We had 16 couples from the CC board and everyone of them were so nice and friendly, I enjoyed them all.

The ship was beautiful, the crew was great, food yummy, yummy. And the entertainment was great!! Shore excursions we only did two of them and they were the best of all, Martinique by land and sea tour, loved it!! St Lucia the catamaran cruise to the pitons that was so beautiful and fun. St Thomas we went to Coki beach for some snokeling the best ever, lots of fish..

I know the rest of you sailing on the Sun Princess soon will enjoy her cause she is beautiful and clean!!

Thanks for the encouraging news, Charlene! We keep wanting to try Coki Beach but are ADDICTED to St. John! Right now we are in a dilemma of whether to go back to the pitons (done that already) by sea or take a land based tour on St. Lucia w/maybe a beach stop. Tough one, as I LOVE the pitons and the ride there is so georgeous, as you mentioned.

Anne's review is great. Really insightful and not over the top w/compliments that would be too good to believe anyway! Hope you all read it.

Hey gang ~ I have finished the review -- honest, I have. However, it's too lengthy to put into a post so I have submitted it to the Cruise Critic reviews section. They say they'll release reviews in about five days. I'll post a link here when they do. If you are dying to read it (I'm scared !) you can email me and I'll email it to you. I'm warning you, I'm wordy :) -- email me at aygoyer@one.net.

Hope the next group on the Sun is now having a great time!

Corinne Marie, think you will need to email Anne if you want a copy prior to the post. I have just emailed her, can't wait to read it..

Archived