fort Lauderdale hotel info please

lovetocruise2003

I need some help deciding where to stay pre cruise in June. I am trying to decide between the Sheraton Plantation hotel and the Sheraton Fort lauderdale airport and cruiseport hotel.

I want to go to Sawgrass Outlet mall the day we arrive. I realize the plantation hotel is closer to sawgrass, which means renting a car. Otherwise, if we stay at the airport hotel, we can take taxi's - which may be expensive as the mall does not appear to be close by.

Any advise? The hotels appear to cost about the same price.

Also, any comments on which hotel is better? location to restaurants, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.:)

I need some help deciding where to stay pre cruise in June. I am trying to decide between the Sheraton Plantation hotel and the Sheraton Fort lauderdale airport and cruiseport hotel.

I want to go to Sawgrass Outlet mall the day we arrive. I realize the plantation hotel is closer to sawgrass, which means renting a car. Otherwise, if we stay at the airport hotel, we can take taxi's - which may be expensive as the mall does not appear to be close by.

Any advise? The hotels appear to cost about the same price.

Also, any comments on which hotel is better? location to restaurants, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.:)

Hi:) if you know one of your priorities is Sawgrass Outlet then I would say definitely stay in Plantation. Its probably close to 30 minutes west of the airport.

I bet renting a car for 1 night would be better than paying for a cab (remember you need a cab both ways:eek:)

I haven't stayed at either hotel so cannot comment on them but as for the location? The airport is much closer to the ship. The outlet mall is not. It

really depends on what is most important to you.

Hope you have a great cruise:D

Thanks for the reply. Have you been to the outlet mall? Is it worth the trip?

I have not been there recently. Is it worth it? Lots of shops and restaurants. Some are what I consider "outlet pricing" while other stores, not so much.

Personally? Whenever I sail from FLL I stay near 17th Street, downtown, or the beach. I am guessing you want an honest answer:) No, its

not worth it for me because when I arrive before my cruise I don't go shopping. Or the only shopping would be finding a place for dinner:);):D

and there are plenty of restaurants around so that is not a problem:)

I have been to the Sawgrass Mall on my last post cruise. Is it worth it? hmmm It's huge, but I don't remember anything remarkable about it, same stores as most major malls. I do remember my feet and ankles being about 3 sizes bigger than when I set out. LOL Would I make a special trip back there, NO

I haven't been in the Sheraton Plantation but it looks nice and has restaurants within the block and a full size mall about 3 blocks away. The Fort Lauderdale Hotel isn't walking distance to anything. The Plantation hotel is only a couple of miles from Sawgrass Mills. If you love shopping, it's a great place to go, with outlets in the low price end and the designer end. Wear really comfortable shoes...it's so big that there are 2 indoor food courts and 2 outdoor restaurant sections.

Archived