Bar coupons...

labtech

The drink coupons work out to around $5.40 or per ticket. If you drink beer, most are less then that and it is cheaper just buy the bear. If you drink mixed drinks that are 6 dollars are more it works in your favor. I have only been on one cruise with Carnival and they did not charge me the differance but I have read on the board people who said they were. So if you get charged the differance the only differance it makes is that its that much less on the card at the end. Hope this helped.

We always pre-purchase the drink coupons. On our last cruise, it was hit or miss whether we would be charged the "extra" for mixed frozen drinks. I did find that, if you ordered the drink in a regular glass instead of the taller special "drink" glasses, they would accept the coupon without an extra charge. It is a bit smaller, but it was fine for us. I think the drinks (dods) were $7.50 each We are not heavy drinkers, but do not like to have large sign and sail charges at the end, so the drink coupons work for us.

I bought some for friends who were on their Honeymoon - hook, line and sinker I fell for the Bon Voyage Dept line that you could buy a drink for someone - even if you weren't on board with them (!). It was embarrassing to find out they had to add money to get a drink. My PVP says it's worth face value not a drink - some folks have been able to get drinks, some like my friend, had to add to the coupon. Wish they would get the coupon and the ship drink prices together......:(

I buy them... But mostly as gifts... They are used, as said before, as a credit towards your beverage... Up to, I thought, $5.25. If your drink costs more, then you pay the different on the S&S card. The dawback is if you buy something that is NOT that exact amount... SO ... you kind of have to do the mth on what you'll order. There is no change given back!

We usually get them ahead of time, its nice to have our drinks paid for before the cruise. Our last cruise we didnt get them :eek: didnt like our sail and sign card!!! Next cruise i will definitly be getting them a few a month!! We have never had to pay extra, i do get my dod's in a regular glass I dont need any more hurricane glasses lol have a full set at home.

I would like to buy a few of these for our cruise in November,like ya'll said these can be purchased ahead, now ,this is where I get a little confused.they ask for your booking# and cabin #, I understand they will drop them in your room correct? they dont send them to you directly from what I understand.How can you purchase these ,I would like to buy these to use but would like to use my own credit card,the cc that is hooked up for the cruise is the DH.

I know I know I must sound like a big weeny and it drives the DH nuts :o

if someone could explain this without getting there undies in a bunch I would appreciate it;)

:)grandmallie-When we have purchase Drink Coupons in the past they were always delivered to us on the first night in the dinning room.Now that ATD is in play I'm not sure how they handle it.You buy them on Carnivals website under gifts.Hope this helps.:p

Stacie.

If you go to the Carnival website, there is a click-on thingy where you can purchase bon voyage items. They will ask for your booking #, cabin #, and I think sailing date/ship. You click in how many of the items you want, put in your credit card #, and it is immediately charged to your credit card. It definitely can be a different credit card than you will use for your sign and sail account- we use different ones all the time. Sometimes the coupons are in your cabin when you arrive, - but many times they deliver them the first night to your dining table. I guess if you eat in the buffet, they would deliver them to your cabin. Hope this helps.

thanks for the info:D

We wont be doing the dining room,I know I know some of you ask why,we did it the last cruise and maybe its just me, or me and the DH, but its just to long and drawn out for me, we are more laid back and fly by nighters, the buffet is fine for us and that gives us more time to say hang out at the pool while everyone is at dinner, the last one we were on was the Legend out of Tampa and had we gone to the MDR we would have missed going under the Sunshine Skyway-that was a trip:)

so Im hoping that I will be able to purchase the coupons and have them delivered to the room, we aren't huge drinkers so would rather buy this ahead of time so less on the S&S.

thanks again for the info

and hey have a Foo Foo drink for me ,cause we arent going until the end of November:eek:

I purchased a few of these before our cruise. For me is was a way to keep the bill a little lower. Instead of being charged $10 for a margarita I only had to charge $3 to my account. (although granted I did pay the full price but was a good way to have a part of the expense taken care of already) Also I never found that waiter that didn't charge me the difference...:(

Oh and yes I received my coupons the first night at dinner. We just got off the Ecstasy. The trip with the "manuever"!!!

Right now falling into a vacation depression! I want to go BACK.........

Also I never found that waiter that didn't charge me the difference...:(

Oh and yes I received my coupons the first night at dinner. We just got off the Ecstasy. The trip with the "manuever"!!!

Right now falling into a vacation depression! I want to go BACK.........

I would think the least they could do was not charge the difference after the "manuever":rolleyes:

(Kudos for taking it in stride and wishin you were back aboard!)

On the Legend on 4/10/10 I asked both a bartender and at the service desk about buying the $ 5.50 drink coupons and was told that they no longer have them.

You don't buy them on board. You buy them through the Bon Voyage dept. before you sail.

We purchased 8 of the coupons on line before we left, and used them last week on the Freedom. I like foo foo fancy drinks, They removed $5.75 from the total of the drink. Each time they charged us the $1.50 extra plus 15 % gratuity on the extra. It kept the sail & sign bill down, and I would do it again.

Example 2 Miami Vice =$14.50-5.75-5.75= Sub total $3.00 + 15 % gratuity of .45, grand total to sail & sign $3.45.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the info. Am thinking of buying a couple for a friend who I am going on a cruise with this fall. It is her birthday this month so thought a couple of those would be a FUN gift for her!! I just got off of the phone to Carnival and the lady tried to answer my questions. Then thought of Cruise Critic and my questions are answered. So thanks!

Archived