Slot Tournament

flgojo

My Mother and I are going on the Imagination on May 17th and we both love playing the slots. I read there is a slot tournament you can sign up for. I think it was only $20. Has anyone ever done this? How does it work and is it fun? Do you know when it would be?

On the Fascination, it was announced in the fun times and was on the last sea day.

They had a set of machines blocked off. you paid 20 dollars off your s & s card and they gave you a card that you brought to the machines.

You signed in and then picked a machine. They had it programmed to play max credits, so I think you got 100 pulls to make as many credits as you could. There were 7 positions on the board, 1 being a wild card spot that they raffled off.

Then anyone who was in the finals was on the board and had to back at a certain time and the winner got 500 dollars.

I played in the slot tourney on Miracle last cruise just because I was Platinum on that cruise and got to play for free. We had 2 sea days on the way down to Panama. I think ours was the 2nd sea day, starting at noon.

I didn't realize there would be several qualifying rounds, so I was the for the first round. Next time, I'll wait and watch and see if I can "pick" a better machine.

I was awful! The machines were very slow. You sit there for 5 minutes and just poke at the "spin" button over and over and over. It think I had the worst score of our round. :o

It was fun, but I was glad I hadn't paid to play!

We've done several tournaments with our "free" Platinum cards and we've both gotten into the playoffs a couple of times but never won the $500. Check the Fun Times. We've usually seen it on the first sea day or on 7 day or longer cruises there have been two days. The machines are set for 5 minutes of play and you just keep hitting the button. If you are one of the eight in the playoff you get a t-shirt and other things which have included: a rubber wrist band, hat, over the neck card holder, pen, and tote bag. These vary by ship and whatever. It was fun. You just have to remember that if you don't make it into the playoff with your score you have to come back for the last round and the wild card drawing. That's how I got into the playoff a week ago.

I've been in the tournaments where it was set to 5 minutes, and also the ones with 300 credits (100 spins). Last summer on the Pride, it was the 100 spins, but it was funny to see people still banging the heck out of the spin button.

Archived