PVP question

skittl1321

Is there any advantage to using a PVP from just booking yourself online?

My first cruise I booked using a PVP, heard from her once again for a follow up, but then another woman kept calling me and referencing that I booked through her when I didn't.

This time around I called and consulted with a PVP, told her it would be awhile before I made my decision and have since been called by three different people (all of whom I've told I will call back when I decide.)

So it seems like the PVP's don't "own" the clients since everytime many have contacted me.

Carnival's website is easy to use- so is there any reason why I should call and deal with the PVPs anymore? Can they provide any service to me that I can't do on the website?

My first cruise I booked using a PVP, heard from her once again for a follow up, but then another woman kept calling me and referencing that I booked through her when I didn't.

This time around I called and consulted with a PVP, told her it would be awhile before I made my decision and have since been called by three different people (all of whom I've told I will call back when I decide.)

So it seems like the PVP's don't "own" the clients since everytime many have contacted me.

Carnival's website is easy to use- so is there any reason why I should call and deal with the PVPs anymore? Can they provide any service to me that I can't do on the website?

I would personally do all my Research using carnival.com (and CC) then (with deckplans in hand) call a PVP to actually book:

(1) you only see 10 cabins in each sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C.....) whereas they can see ALL available cabins and you may get a better Cabin location,

(2) the PVP MAY point you to a better booking deal/rate than you were aware of.

ken

i agree....pvp helps with cabing location, selection, may have more info. about decks above and below, etc.

anyone get "upgrade fairy" calls when using a pvp??? sorry, not meant to hijack....still relates to original question about benefit to using pvp. we once got a call but had booked ourselves on carnival website. thanks!

(1) you only see 10 cabins in each sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C.....) whereas they can see ALL available cabins and you may get a better Cabin location,

ooh! I did NOT know this. I figured this was a sign they were selling out he category... Thank you!

The reason for my previous calls to PVPs was to find out military rates- the military rate for this cruise is higher than the early saver, so we aren't using it.

Guess it doesn't hurt to call, though I'm still confused why the one I booked my cruise through isn't the one "assigned" to me.

Our last cruise was September 2009. In June/July, I called my PVP with a question. He didn't know the answer and promised to get back to me. You know, I'm still waiting for him to call me back! LOL! After waiting three days, I found the answer for myself by calling the general number and asked the person who answered.

So, IMHO, a PVP is useless. I intend to book all future cruises online from now on by myself. Besides, I get better service and questions are answered in a timely manner!

Yes. Rates are the same, but by booking through a PVP, you have a specific person assisting you with your reservation along the way. Also, you have a wider selection of cabins (the website only gives you a handful of options), and if there's a special discount (interline, resident, past guest, last minute, special sale, etc), the PVP can tell you what they are, while the website may or may not.

If YOU called the 800-Carnival number, you did NOT speak with a PVP. You spoke with a CVS, or a random reservations agent. The reason why you may be getting calls from different people is because there may be different profiles activated for you. Probably one was created because you're a past guest, another one was created when you called the 800 number and they asked you for your phone number, etc. Ultimately, only ONE PVP will be your PVP

If you feel like you know EVERYTHING there is to know about your cruise, and you don't think that you'll ever need to call for a thing, book online. However, you will be giving up on having someone help you with your reservation at no extra cost. If for some reason you DO make your reservation online and then you run into trouble or need assistance, it won't be as easy to get things solved.

I have more than 20 cruises under my belt, yet still choose to book using a PVP. It's like having an "inside connection" at Carnival!

So, IMHO, a PVP is useless!

There are more than 500 PVP's in that department. Don't judge the rest of the department on the fact that one question didn't get answered by one PVP...

The reason for my previous calls to PVPs was to find out military rates- the military rate for this cruise is higher than the early saver, so we aren't using it.

FYI, we qualify for the interline (airline) discount, and when we originally looked at our cruise, interline was higher than early saver. However, interline was eventually lowered below early saver so we asked our PVP to book us under that rate.

Keep an eye on the military rate. It may come down. I know that these discounts haven't been as good as they used to, but it's still worth to look into it.

If YOU called the 800-Carnival number, you did NOT speak with a PVP. You spoke with a CVS, or a random reservations agent.

I used the "we'll call you" option- the website says the person who calls back is a PVP. I don't know who the people who have called back since then are, but it hasn't been the same person, so they obviously aren't trying to build a customer relationship.

I did that the first time as well, and like I said- I talked to the same person twice or so (once to get information, once to book) and then a totally different person started calling me telling me I booked with them- but I hadn't.

For a while, I guess because I didnt cruise every year, I would book through one PVP, then after my cruise, I might have heard from them once, and then I booked through whatever PVP called me next time. But for the last two cruises, I have had the same PVP, and she is the only one who calls me. Also she doesnt call repeatedly, because she knows I only cruise once a year at the best. She is however very knowledgeable and I like dealing with her. But I have never had a PVP that was horrible either.:)

I used the "we'll call you" option- the website says the person who calls back is a PVP..

Doing the "Click to call" option opens yet another profile which ends up at yet another PVP's desk. I know it sounds like a mess (and to a certain degree, it is), but if you do talk to a PVP that you enjoy dealing with, make sure that you inform him/her that you have multiple PVP's calling you. That way the lead is removed from the other PVP's database and you only deal with that one person.

I've been using the same PVP for over 5 years. She's been very helpful. I hope you can find someone that can do the same for you!

I used the "we'll call you" option- the website says the person who calls back is a PVP. I don't know who the people who have called back since then are, but it hasn't been the same person, so they obviously aren't trying to build a customer relationship.

I did that the first time as well, and like I said- I talked to the same person twice or so (once to get information, once to book) and then a totally different person started calling me telling me I booked with them- but I hadn't.

quite a few reports of pvp's doing this. They are just trying to trick you to book with them so they get enough bookings so as not to get fired.

I also booked directly and subsequently switched my cruise from the Dream to the Valor. I just called the 800 number and the CVS or whomever answered took very good care of me.:)

Bill

Bill

Archived