Any info on last weeks "jumper" on the Legend

jtonra

I was on the Legend last week and a passenger jumped off in port in Cozumel. Fortunately, he survived. I haven't been able to find any information about this online. There were a lot of conflicting stories floating around the ship. Has anyone seen anything about this?

I was on the Legend last week and a passenger jumped off in port in Cozumel. Fortunately, he survived. I haven't been able to find any information about this online. There were a lot of conflicting stories floating around the ship. Has anyone seen anything about this?

Havn't heard any stories "floating" around.

I saw this personally although I didn't see the actual jump. We were still docked at Cozumel late in the day and getting ready to leave. We were on the starboard side of the ship on our balcony when we noticed some orange smoke. When we looked over the side, we saw a life-ring in the water with a smoke flare attached. We also saw a man swimming around toward the rear of the ship. There was a pilot boat in the water near him as well and they threw him a life-ring which he ignored and just kept casually swimming around. Eventually he drifted toward the front of the ship. The pilot boat stayed nearby the whole time but didn't try aggressively to get him out of the water. At some point they threw him the life-ring again and he started swimming towards it. We figured he was finally tired and was going to "give up". However, when he got to the life-ring he just grabbed it and threw it back at the pilot boat. Shortly after this he drifted around the front of the ship and we lost sight of him.

As I said before, we heard conflicting stories about him being brought back onto the ship or left in Cozumel but never heard anything official. The CD did come on the intercom several times and he did state that the guest was brought back on board but I don't know if that's true or not. The whole incident caused us to be delayed in leaving Cozumel by about 2 hours. I have searched the net but haven't been able to find anything about this from the news services or the cruise blogs I follow.

When we were in Cozumel a little boy fell off the dock while walking back to the ship with his family, the crew jumped right in and got him. I had a birds eye view from my balcony.

Maybe this guy fell off the dock?? Not the ship :rolleyes:

Odd.

Maybe he was goofing off on the rail and fell???

Who jumps while in port???? :confused:

I saw this personally although I didn't see the actual jump. We were still docked at Cozumel late in the day and getting ready to leave. We were on the starboard side of the ship on our balcony when we noticed some orange smoke. When we looked over the side, we saw a life-ring in the water with a smoke flare attached. We also saw a man swimming around toward the rear of the ship. There was a pilot boat in the water near him as well and they threw him a life-ring which he ignored and just kept casually swimming around. Eventually he drifted toward the front of the ship. The pilot boat stayed nearby the whole time but didn't try aggressively to get him out of the water. At some point they threw him the life-ring again and he started swimming towards it. We figured he was finally tired and was going to "give up". However, when he got to the life-ring he just grabbed it and threw it back at the pilot boat. Shortly after this he drifted around the front of the ship and we lost sight of him.

As I said before, we heard conflicting stories about him being brought back onto the ship or left in Cozumel but never heard anything official. The CD did come on the intercom several times and he did state that the guest was brought back on board but I don't know if that's true or not. The whole incident caused us to be delayed in leaving Cozumel by about 2 hours. I have searched the net but haven't been able to find anything about this from the news services or the cruise blogs I follow.

:eek:

Ok...guess he may have jumped.

Dang that is really bizarre.

people were booing him, our captain (crown princess) blew the horn it sounded like a boo!! lol So anyone know what happened? I heard reports the guys wife was beaten in their stateroom.

You got that 'report' while on the Crown Princess?????????

Read this on another board....

From a reader: On Wednesday the 21st when we were just about to leave Cozumel, a man jumped overboard. He was rescued and then taken into custody by the Mexican police. This was observed by many and I have a picture of the police boat. Later in the week we were told by a crew member that the man's new bride (the couple were on their honeymoon) was found in their stateroom beaten and unconcious. We were all very startled by the events.

oh boy....our ship (the princess) was docked next to the carnival....carnival was leaving when the guy jumped then had to stop....guess you had to be there to know what happened. Anyway..he looked like he was happy he jumped he threw his hands up and waved at both ships....crazy guy.

Read this on another board....

From a reader: On Wednesday the 21st when we were just about to leave Cozumel, a man jumped overboard. He was rescued and then taken into custody by the Mexican police. This was observed by many and I have a picture of the police boat. Later in the week we were told by a crew member that the man's new bride (the couple were on their honeymoon) was found in their stateroom beaten and unconcious. We were all very startled by the events.

Alright - everybody be on the lookout - sounds like another LMN movie is on its way!!!

Hope the acting is better this time!

Ashley :)

People are crazy. So when is MTV putting the "real world" on a cruise ship?? Lets see how that goes.

Road Rules did Semester at Sea before Road Rules became a competitive reality competition where they kicked people off. (I guess it was always somewhat competitive)

It didn't quite have the Real World vibe- because they had tasks assigned, but they were all quite annoyed at having to take classes too.

I was on the legend last week and the prior poster is correct- we spoke with the staff, and it is true, they were ontheir honeymoon- He beat his new wife unconcious- They took her off the ship, unconcious to the hospital- the police went to his stateroom to arrest him, and he locked himself in his room, when they attempted to ge tin, he jumped off the balcony into the water. They fished him out, and arrested himb- We watched them take him to shore in handcuffs, shirtless and still drunk. I also heard that he will be responsible for the fines of late departation from the pier at $1000 a minute. We were 60 minutes late in leaving port.

I was on the legend last week and the prior poster is correct- we spoke with the staff, and it is true, they were ontheir honeymoon- He beat his new wife unconcious- They took her off the ship, unconcious to the hospital- the police went to his stateroom to arrest him, and he locked himself in his room, when they attempted to ge tin, he jumped off the balcony into the water. They fished him out, and arrested himb- We watched them take him to shore in handcuffs, shirtless and still drunk. I also heard that he will be responsible for the fines of late departation from the pier at $1000 a minute. We were 60 minutes late in leaving port.

YIKES :eek:

Honeymooning on a cruise ship doesn't work well for a lot of folks.....

Archived