Any info on last weeks "jumper" on the Legend

jtonra

I've seen drunk people jump off the pier next to the ships in Cozumel several times on cruises. Only one was from a ship we were on, she was mad at her parents (she was in her 30's) because they were telling her she was drunk, lol. Never seen one jump from the ship though.

That being said, I almost lost a good friend to domestic violence, it is not a joke. Whether they were drunk or not, no matter what the situation, it is NOT something that should be made light of.

I seriously doubt that anyone on this board actually knows for a fact what happened, only pieces of the story which they may have obtained by a combination of personal observations plus hearsay.

This is true...learned my lesson the last time I went off on a rant over a suspected abusive guy on a cruise ship...we don't know for a fact.

To be honest, I really pray this is just a rumor and if it's NOT, I hope to God that the young woman doesn't go back to the idiot, like so many do. :(

Frank wouldn't stand for any of these types of shenanigans on his ship. They'd end up on his list.

You ain't kiddin..... :eek:When he was in charge, that was the only time I can recall Philly being pretty safe. Crime was way down...well for criminals that is. The cops however........ :eek:

You ain't kiddin..... :eek:When he was in charge, that was the only time I can recall Philly being pretty safe. Crime was way down...well for criminals that is. The cops however........ :eek:

Cant have it both ways in Philly............

I know people who actually seen the man in the water and the young women being taken off the ship. Not a rumor. Our ship was delayed for 2 hours.

I don't think people are wondering if that part is a rumor. I think they're wondering whether the abuse part is a rumor.

I know people who actually seen the man in the water and the young women being taken off the ship. Not a rumor. Our ship was delayed for 2 hours.

Right. It's everything beforehand, in between, how, when, and why which remain unknowns.

I don't think people are wondering if that part is a rumor. I think they're wondering whether the abuse part is a rumor.

Well being on stretcher and seeing her bloody face would be the first clue...unless she did it to herself. Or....maybe she did fall down or something..but why would they go after her husband? Anything is possible I guess.

I was on the legend last week and the prior poster is correct- we spoke with the staff, and it is true, they were ontheir honeymoon- He beat his new wife unconcious- They took her off the ship, unconcious to the hospital- the police went to his stateroom to arrest him, and he locked himself in his room, when they attempted to ge tin, he jumped off the balcony into the water. They fished him out, and arrested himb- We watched them take him to shore in handcuffs, shirtless and still drunk. I also heard that he will be responsible for the fines of late departation from the pier at $1000 a minute. We were 60 minutes late in leaving port.

Holy smokes. What a story. I guess you never know what folks are going to do. I hope she'll be OK. As for him, well, I haven't heard Mexican prison to be too nice.

Archived