Will anybody miss the Miami sailings?

Parking for us in Miami is free (Handicap Decal) which is not recognized in Ft. Lauderdale. We tend to either spend the night in a hotel in FLL that offers free parking or park at the Park n' Fly when you go out of FLL. I am not cheap but I think the prices they charge to park is horrible. I will certainly miss sailing out of Miami.

Since we have to fly in anyway, I'd much rather sail out of Miami than FLL. We love staying in South Beach the night before the cruise--there's so much to see and do. For our upcoming Oasis cruise, we're staying at a Sleep Inn by a strip mall. :( BF loves sailing away by the causeway and looking for Shaq's house! :)

I guess what bothers me most about all of this is the shorter 5 day cruises being offered at 7 day prices. Yikes. Balcony prices sure didn't go down much for 2 less days of sailing. I am not sure what RCCL is thinking but after yesterdays rude awakening of what is happening overseas financially and what is happening here.....hmmmm could spell alot of cancelled itineraries and moving these ships back to the USA!

The short answer is Cape Canaveral:D. Actually it all sort of blends in with Cocoa Beach if you're just looking for a place to stay pre-cruise. For airports, Orlando will give the most choices in flights, less than an hour away. Melbourne is the closest airport but they don't have the volume of flights/airlines.

Archived