Autopsy results from Ecstasy death

brn2crz

Is there any way of finding out which cabin this occurred in? We plan to sail on the Ecstasy sometime in the future and given the choice, I'd rather not be in the same cabin.

I know it's morbid question, so please, save your hate and rage posts. Because frankly my dear ....you know the rest of the phrase. :rolleyes:

I've always wonder about the occurances of previous stays in the cabin I'm in... Wouldn't it be fun to know the provenance...

Sorry for this family! God Bless them!!!

It's sad, definitely, but so preventable. The level of alcohol alone was enough to kill in some circumstances.

The THC is definitely not lethal, and I don't know about the effect of the upset stomach medicine, but they probably had no part in the death. However the cocaine in combination with the very high alcohol level was surely a deadly mix.

The stomach medicine probably played a big part in the death. With a lot of alcohol people tend to get sick, throw up a lot of it, and stop for at least awhile until their stomach settles down. This keeps at least part of the alcohol or drugs from fully entering their system. With a drug that keeps you from getting sick more of the substances stay in your system. Many people with drug problems have figured this out which is why you will often see some type of upset stomach medicine listed with the other drugs in toxicology reports.

The stomach medicine probably played a big part in the death. With a lot of alcohol people tend to get sick, throw up a lot of it, and stop for at least awhile until their stomach settles down. This keeps at least part of the alcohol or drugs from fully entering their system. With a drug that keeps you from getting sick more of the substances stay in your system. Many people with drug problems have figured this out which is why you will often see some type of upset stomach medicine listed with the other drugs in toxicology reports.

Would never have thought of that. Thanks for the informative post. Perhaps this young lady had some problems for awhile and it was just a matter of time before she overdosed. Very sad. As a Mom this is one issue that scares me, all I can do is talk, talk, talk to my kids of all the bad things that can happen. Sometimes my oldest and I will watch Intervention together. When she sees some of these people when they're high it really does not look "cool".

Prayers for the family she leaves behind.

Wow, that makes a lot of sense.

I certainly do learn some interesting things on these boards once in a while. :)

just curious, what's your motive for posting this?

This incident was first mentioned on Cruise Critic with the thread title "Murder on the Ecstasy!!" Sensationalist reports of foul play, rumors that the boyfriend had beaten her to death, etc. Supposedly a passenger had seen the body and it had "obviously been beaten," even though the FBI reported early on that the body had no visible signs of trauma. I think it's fitting and only fair to the boyfriend that the truth be reported here. He may have played a role in the partying, but at least it's now made public that he didn't beat her to death.

It's sad, definitely, but so preventable. The level of alcohol alone was enough to kill in some circumstances.

The THC is definitely not lethal, and I don't know about the effect of the upset stomach medicine, but they probably had no part in the death. However the cocaine in combination with the very high alcohol level was surely a deadly mix.

Promethazine can cause sedation and respiratory depression, particularly if combined with other drugs or copious amounts of alcohol.

Her mother stated that she was engaged to be married (her fiance was traveling with her). Other reports were that she was a vivacious, happy, lovely young woman who had once done a "Semester at Sea". So it is indeed very sad.

Nice to know Carnival will take away your fan but cocaine is fine to bring on board.

Seems to me cocaine costs a helluva lot more than the fan and is a helluva lot easier to hide.

Not that I have any first hand knowledge of these things.

Just that I think trying to draw a corrollary between the overdose death of a passenger and the new prohibition on fans is perhaps beyond ridiculous.

Not only is this poor woman dead, I see some feel the need to pull her through the muck and bilge.

Rest in peace.

Could not have said it better.

Buried a brother-in-law to alcohol...

Rest in peace T.

lol thats wat i was jus thinking about .. how did they manage to get so much drugs onboard

So much:confused: They said she had it in her system didn't say how much:rolleyes:

With that amount of alcohol in her system.......that could have killed her alone........

She is no different then most that party hardy that first night from all the excitement......

Prayers to her family and friends.......

BTW the searching for drugs is at debarkation.......they are looking for people bringing it in to our country not taking it out lol!

Is there any way of finding out which cabin this occurred in? We plan to sail on the Ecstasy sometime in the future and given the choice, I'd rather not be in the same cabin.

I know it's morbid question, so please, save your hate and rage posts. Because frankly my dear ....you know the rest of the phrase. :rolleyes:

When I hear about stuff like this,I too wonder what cabin it happened in. So I guess i'm morbid along with you.

When I hear about stuff like this,I too wonder what cabin it happened in. So I guess i'm morbid along with you.

The curiousity is actually a natural reaction. It's why people rubberneck or watch those Real Housewives shows.

Or the upset stomach medicine could have been in an effort to prevent or combat seasickness. Anyway, I have no point to make, but this comment reminded me that yesterday I learned that rats cannot throw up, nor even burp.

http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/2801 (Warning: contains photo of lots of rats. If that bothers you, don't click!)

I think some people would be really shocked if they knew just how many drugs are actually brought on board (and it probably happens on most of the cruise lines-not just Carnival). Smuggling booze is really nothing compared to some of things I've seen...and just for the record, I don't do drugs, but sadly I know quite a few people who do like to partake in that lifestyle and are avid cruisers too. It's sad that just the cruise experience, and maybe a few cocktails;), is not enough for some people, they just have to have that extra high.

I have to say..this is understandable to me..don't some real estate laws in some states require disclosure if someone passed in the house?

Wouldn't feel good to me to have the room right afterwards especially...

Seperate unrelated comment:

Since I commented here earlier..thought it prudent to add that my B-in-law was an alcoholic...left a 5 and 2 year old..it was awful. However, it does not stop me from understanding his side, his history, etc. His loss brought lucidity and health to several folks...and life long lessons for his sons...does not change how I feel about earlier statement and all the judgement...Mr. Pete said it well.

I think some people would be really shocked if they knew just how many drugs are actually brought on board (and it probably happens on most of the cruise lines-not just Carnival). Smuggling booze is really nothing compared to some of things I've seen...and just for the record, I don't do drugs, but sadly I know quite a few people who do like to partake in that lifestyle and are avid cruisers too. It's sad that just the cruise experience, and maybe a few cocktails;), is not enough for some people, they just have to have that extra high.

Well put, with heart.:)....:( for those in addiction.

Archived