rome transportation and Hotel question

ckr31

just booked a cruise that leaves out of Rome. I need to get a recommendation on a hotel,with a approx cost,and transportation to the pier thanks so much

We stayed at the Hotel Napolean. $99/night including breakfast. We loved it. Right on the Metro.

The "pier" is in Civitavecchia. You can either take a taxi (we paid $150 EU) or the train, or share a limo (check your roll call for ride shares)

ckr31, I think you need to educate yourself a bit about Rome. It is the capital of the country as well as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The prices are commensurate.

Hotels in the city do not run free shuttles to and from the airport, any more than a hotel in midtown Manhattan would from Newark or JFK.

Also, as has been pointed out on this and other threads, the port of Civitavecchia is quite a ways out of town.

Perhaps a good guide book would help you orient yourself.

. . .train is only 4.5 euros. . .

Tis true ... and there we were ... sitting on the train to port .... when the announcment came that the air-conditioning on the train had broken and would not be leaving the station .... and all other trains had left the station for the morning ... so we had to dash and grab a cab to Civitavecchia. A cab was not our plan or first choice, but Murphy's law ....

But we used the trains and metro throughout Italy without any other problems.

I think that sounds like a BARGAIN for Rome.

The Hotel Napolean was a bargain in my opinion ... I had found it mentioned many times on CC ... and it was great. Would stay there again any time. Family owned and run. The Hotel Manager was so personable and the place was spotless and the a/c COLD!

Don't know what the prices are now, but in January we stayed 5 nights at the Hotel Raffaello for 70 euros/night including an excellent breakfast. Located very close to Termini and Colosseum. I would contact the hotel directly--I got a better rate doing that.

Cathy

Archived