Hotels in Seattle,WA

lilschnauzer

You didnt say cheapest, so I would have to respond without a doubt the Marriott just across the street from the port. We stayed there with some Marriott points and it was AWESOME! I woke up the morning of our cruise, opened the curtains and saw our ship (NCL Pearl), then when it was time to leave for the port, the bellman came up, put our luggage on one of their carts and walked us across the street. It was an amazing way to start a trip. I cannot recommend it enough!

There might be some other boards with more suggestions. I would check the PORTS OF CALL here at Cruisecritic.

In any event, stay DOWNTOWN, no the airport. Get to see some of Seattle. It is a great place. On our two Alaska trips we did 2-3 nights BEFORE the cruise.

Since we are going to Alaska I have been doing quite a bit of research on this myself. The Marriott Waterfront sounds really great it is right across the street from the pier and not far from Pike Market. It is more expensive than other hotels in Seattle at the time of our cruise so I have also been looking at Grand Hyatt, Fairmont Olympic and the Mayflower. There are a lot of Hotels in the downtown area there is lots of information over on the West Coast Departure board. Some people have been able to get some good prices on hotels in Seattle by using Priceline.

Since we are going to Alaska I have been doing quite a bit of research on this myself. The Marriott Waterfront sounds really great it is right across the street from the pier and not far from Pike Market. It is more expensive than other hotels in Seattle at the time of our cruise so I have also been looking at Grand Hyatt, Fairmont Olympic and the Mayflower. There are a lot of Hotels in the downtown area there is lots of information over on the West Coast Departure board. Some people have been able to get some good prices on hotels in Seattle by using Priceline.

I live near Seattle and suggest you add the "Edgewater" to you consideration list.

http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/edgewater_packages.aspx?gclid=CO3ujrzIraECFRZ5gwod0TTz-A#447

:D

It was on my list until I found that it is $400 a night for the cheapest room.:eek: Way more than what I would like to spend for one night in a hotel.

Ok... so how about a great private home with a view of a Northwest Harbor? A private boat will take you to your ship. (that has to be better than a limo). I can also pick you up at the airport when you arrive at Seatac. In exchange, I get to stow away in your suit case! LOL.... have a great cruise and enjoy your stay in Seattle. Please spend a lot of money while you are here.:D

Just curious but I am assuming that you will drive to Seattle? If so have you looked at any of the stay/park/cruise packages?

You didnt say cheapest, so I would have to respond without a doubt the Marriott just across the street from the port. We stayed there with some Marriott points and it was AWESOME! I woke up the morning of our cruise, opened the curtains and saw our ship (NCL Pearl), then when it was time to leave for the port, the bellman came up, put our luggage on one of their carts and walked us across the street. It was an amazing way to start a trip. I cannot recommend it enough!

I don't know how you could have just made me more excited and giddy for our upcoming cruise... but you did... LOL. We are staying at the Marriott this time around and are so excited to be staying there. Isn't this hotel really close to Pikes Market or whatever that place is called? I would love to take a quick stroll through it Saturday morning after breakfast but before we board the ship.

It was on my list until I found that it is $400 a night for the cheapest room.:eek: Way more than what I would like to spend for one night in a hotel.

Have you checked lately? I don't know if it was only for May (as that was when we will be there and that is what we searched for) but just like last week they had some GREAT deals on their website for a room. Well.. great if you consider their normal rate. It was like $140 to $150 a night. We were very tempted to cancel our reservation at the Marriott, but we decided to stay.

We sail on May 16 and are staying at the Inn at Harbor Steps for two nights before. It can be a bit pricey but I found a deal on orbitz. There have been a few posts on here about it, all good recommendations. Near Pikes Place Market, probably a bit of a walk with luggage to the pier so we will just take a cab. Not sure when you are thinking about going, but I will be happy to post about it when we get back.

I don't know how you could have just made me more excited and giddy for our upcoming cruise... but you did... LOL. We are staying at the Marriott this time around and are so excited to be staying there. Isn't this hotel really close to Pikes Market or whatever that place is called? I would love to take a quick stroll through it Saturday morning after breakfast but before we board the ship.

Hi Terry, yes it is. The market is sort of at the back of the Marriott. Ask at the desk where the elevator is, I used it last summer but can't remember exactly where it was except that it was very close to the hotel. It will get you out of some of the very steep uphill walk.

We found Lowells in the market near the fish stall to be a decent place for breakfast. Some of the stalls don't set up until about 10 ish. These are mainly the craft stalls which are great for a mooch. So have a leisurely breakfast and go about then.

Now I know that like me you are a big lover of cats. Three things to say. Last year there was a guy with a cat who came to the market every day to raise money for a cat shelter. He was on a corner near the original starbucks store. Very entertaining little show and worth a couple of dollars donation surely?

In the craft section there was a lady with some wonderful cartoon prints of cats. We chatted to her for ages and after our cruise went back to buy some prints. We didn't want to take them to Alaska on the ship. She remembered the English cat loving couple and gave us a very nice discount. If she is there still please go and talk with her and tell her I sent you (like she will remember us after almost 1 year LOL)

The third thing is that just off the market in Pike Street on the right as you walk down towards the shore there is a shop that sells cat and dog stuff. A great place to spend a few minutes browsing.

I think you will love these things because I think you are very like me in your love of cats and cat stuff. If you buy your kitty a gift it will help you not to miss her so much as you will look forward to giving her the gift when you get home.

And now everyone thinks that you and I are very strange people or then again maybe they knew already.

We are also going with this hotel because of the location location location! It beats multiple cab fares are you check out the city, I think that really makes up the difference in cost!

Hi Terry, yes it is. The market is sort of at the back of the Marriott. Ask at the desk where the elevator is, I used it last summer but can't remember exactly where it was except that it was very close to the hotel. It will get you out of some of the very steep uphill walk.

We found Lowells in the market near the fish stall to be a decent place for breakfast. Some of the stalls don't set up until about 10 ish. These are mainly the craft stalls which are great for a mooch. So have a leisurely breakfast and go about then.

Now I know that like me you are a big lover of cats. Three things to say. Last year there was a guy with a cat who came to the market every day to raise money for a cat shelter. He was on a corner near the original starbucks store. Very entertaining little show and worth a couple of dollars donation surely?

In the craft section there was a lady with some wonderful cartoon prints of cats. We chatted to her for ages and after our cruise went back to buy some prints. We didn't want to take them to Alaska on the ship. She remembered the English cat loving couple and gave us a very nice discount. If she is there still please go and talk with her and tell her I sent you (like she will remember us after almost 1 year LOL)

The third thing is that just off the market in Pike Street on the right as you walk down towards the shore there is a shop that sells cat and dog stuff. A great place to spend a few minutes browsing.

I think you will love these things because I think you are very like me in your love of cats and cat stuff. If you buy your kitty a gift it will help you not to miss her so much as you will look forward to giving her the gift when you get home.

And now everyone thinks that you and I are very strange people or then again maybe they knew already.

Thank you.. I am so excited now. And yes.. you know I love the kitties. I cant wait to see the little show and I know I will give money.. He could just have a cat there and I would give money. I have a hard time saying not to animals and children.. heck.. i have a hard time saying no to parents of children. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I buy from parents who are selling stuff at work to raise money for thier kids school, church, band, choir, drama club, football stuff.. I have bought everything from wrapping paper to a can opener..LOL.

Just curious but I am assuming that you will drive to Seattle? If so have you looked at any of the stay/park/cruise packages?

Yes we are driving and I have looked at some of the stay/park/cruise packages but I have not found any downtown that would cost us less than just getting a good nightly rate and paying for parking at the pier. We have also looked into just riding Amtrak up to Seattle instead of driving that would be cheaper than parking for a week.

Have you checked lately? I don't know if it was only for May (as that was when we will be there and that is what we searched for) but just like last week they had some GREAT deals on their website for a room. Well.. great if you consider their normal rate. It was like $140 to $150 a night. We were very tempted to cancel our reservation at the Marriott, but we decided to stay.

Thanks Terry I saw a post you had done earlier about the Edgewater being on sale so I checked for our dates and it was still $349 for that Friday night. I'm not sure if something is going on in Seattle that weekend or not but I have been checking prices several times a week on about four or five different hotels and prices have not budged at all on any of them. Marriott has been $239 a night since January. Maybe when we get a little closer to the date the prices will come down some.

you might want to check out the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union. I referred a business aquaintance there for a few nights following his Alaska cruise. Previously he has stayed at the Inn at the Market but this saved him $125 a night. Obvioulsy you lose the convenience of being right by Pike Place Market, but the market is only $2 and 5 minutes by bus. They also have a free shuttle within Seattle but you'd have to check with them on the specifics of that. He went downtown every day to sightsee so the shuttle worked great.

There's another Silver Cloud near Safeco Field but it's pricier.

Can anyone tell me where Homewood Suites is in relation to the Pier (for Pearl-Alaska) and Pike Place Market? Walking distance to the pier?

which homewood suites ? the one on Western. If so, you're within walking distance of the Space Needle/Seattle Center (uphill) but not the pier or the Market. The pier would be 7-8 minutes by taxi and the Market is an easy bus ride. Actually if you walk to the Space Needle I believe you're in the free zone for the downtown busses so you could get to the market that way.

Yes we are driving and I have looked at some of the stay/park/cruise packages but I have not found any downtown that would cost us less than just getting a good nightly rate and paying for parking at the pier. We have also looked into just riding Amtrak up to Seattle instead of driving that would be cheaper than parking for a week.

Thanks Terry I saw a post you had done earlier about the Edgewater being on sale so I checked for our dates and it was still $349 for that Friday night. I'm not sure if something is going on in Seattle that weekend or not but I have been checking prices several times a week on about four or five different hotels and prices have not budged at all on any of them. Marriott has been $239 a night since January. Maybe when we get a little closer to the date the prices will come down some.

I'm taking Amtrak from Salem to Seattle on May 22. I'm really looking forward to it because I think it'll be very relaxing...rather than taking the shuttle from Salem to PDX and then flying to Seattle...and then finding transportation to downtown. It's also much cheaper!

I also spent a lot of time looking for hotels and decided on the Fairmont Olympic...I love older, traditional places. I booked three nights at $245 a night, which I wasn't real happy with...but I wanted to stay there and they even have a town car that will take you places and/or pick you up for free. Well, imagine my excitement when I got an email from them at the beginning of April and the specials they were running at some of their hotels, since I'd signed up for their "President's Club". NOW...my room is only $139 a night. I'm DELIGHTED! : )

One last note...I'm on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska...but I'll be on the Star next January for the Panama Canal.

Archived