$$ for March 2011!!

You're cruising during one of the most expensive times of the year.

Let's see: The cost of gas has gone up. My utilities have gone up (coal). My cable bill has gone up. (Still fighting this). Air fare has DEFINITELY gone up. Our HOA fee has gone up after five years. My storage unit monthly fee has gone up after ten years. And you're surprised that cruise prices have increased? I remember the days when I could fly r/t ATL - to MIA or FLL for about $150 to board a 7-night cruise for which I paid $350. Aaaah - the good old days!! Maybe again in the next few decades?

Just thought a 50% increase was steep & you are right I don't have to cruise like I have to pay for gas, cable etc.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, just looking to see if others are booking...sure got my answer. Sheesh.

Jan

A 50% increase for anything from last year is steep! Just paid twice for a plane ticket compared to what I paid last year (well, not really. I had a voucher then, and changed airlines). Our little neighborhood is in an uproar about the $50/month increase in our HOA fees. Utilities have gone up 35% since last year (not 50%, but still maddening!) We're all in the same "boat". Don't think it'll change anytime soon. Social Security and my state retirement funds have been in a "freeze" mode since 2009, and no increases will be seen until 2011. Fixed income thing. Common among many of us. Wall Street has been truly wonderful in managing funds and taking only what they deserve in commissions! I, personally, won't be booking a cruise until 2011.

Why have the prices gone up so much? Looking for the Caribbean in March 2011 & it is $400 pp more than this year. Are you booking anyway in order to get the cabin you want in hopes that the price drops?

Jan

I noticed the price increases also. Wish our incomes would go up as well! To answer your question, I did book anyway with the hope the price would come down. So far, there has been one price drop of $150 pp!! I hope it drops further. The prices for my cruise are about $200 more pp than this year at the same time. I'm going in January to the Caribbean - so I suspect the prices are less than March (spring break).

Why have the prices gone up so much? Looking for the Caribbean in March 2011 & it is $400 pp more than this year. Are you booking anyway in order to get the cabin you want in hopes that the price drops?

Jan

Hi Jan,

Given the popular time of year ( Spring Breaks) I would book at the higher rate as long as my budget allowed for that price, and then I would watch for a price drop( no guarantee they will fall of course). Once you see the drop let your TA know ASAP to they can help get you the lowest price.

Happy sailing -:)

Don't be afraid to check out the other lines either, Jan. We've done Ruby and Emerald over the last two years, and were pretty much set on CB for next March (definitely a great time to cruise for a myriad of reasons) but we want to book a balcony and a deck 9 balcony midship on RCCL's Serenade is about $350 pp less than a Caribe deck midship balcony. It's a smaller ship but still very nice (fewer pools though).

Let's see: The cost of gas has gone up. My utilities have gone up (coal). My cable bill has gone up. (Still fighting this). Air fare has DEFINITELY gone up. Our HOA fee has gone up after five years. My storage unit monthly fee has gone up after ten years. And you're surprised that cruise prices have increased?

Gee, I am surprised. Ther government told seniors that since there is no inflation, there would be no Social Security inflation adjustment for 2010.

Gee, I am surprised. Ther government told seniors that since there is no inflation, there would be no Social Security inflation adjustment for 2010.

And you believed them!?! :eek::rolleyes:;)

Archived