Delta Time Change ?

grandmato4

We've not flown on Delta for about 7 years but are considering booking a flight for our cruise next year. I know from reading other's experiences here that they often change their scheduled times after one has booked. What have your experiences been when they have changed your flight times in calling them and getting them to allow you to change to another flight with times that you are happy with? Do they seem to have a specific time change (say 30 minutes or 60 minutes) that needs to have happened before they will accommodate your request to change to a different flight without incurring any additional cost? Or are they not specific about the exact amount of time change that needs to have occurred? or has your experience been that as long as it is still a legal connection time they would not allow you to change?

For the past few years most of our flights have been on Airtran or Jetblue whom have been excellent at allowing us to change to other flights if I'm not happy with the schedule changes they have made. Unforunately, even though their schedules are not out yet for Feb 2011 I'm pretty confident I will not be using Jetblue or Airtran as they won't have flights that fit other criteria I have for this flight.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with changing flights after Delta has changed scheduled times for your flights.:) I know we may not have the same experience, but it is helpful to know what other's have experienced.

I've always found Delta reps to be very helpful in "adjustments" when they make schedule changes. The most important thing if you choose to fly Delta is to check those flights religiously at least once a week. That way you can "hop" on any schedule changes they make. If you're willing to stay on top of the air reservations (and it is definitely YOUR responsibility as they don't normally notify you), then Delta is just fine. We've actually "gambled" a bit by booking far out and had Delta change the schedule in the long run that benefited us (longer connection time -- no charge to us).

ALL airlines have schedule changes. If you book close to your departure date, it would be rare to have a schedule change but if you book further out, it's very possible you would have a schedule change. If it's a severe change, rather than just a few minutes, they would reaccomodate you. About that last part, a lot of people may have had problems with reaccommidation but if you would work a good travel agent or contact the involved airline as soon as you receive the change, there usually is no problem.

I booked 8 months out with DL and received an email notice about a month from departure for a (signed up for this notification) time change was only 15min..but they still gave me the option to accept it or change it...

Thanks to all for your information so far. Few flights this far out will make it to flying day without some kind of schedule change but since I have no recent personal experience with Delta your sharing of your experience is helpful to decide if we should book this flight. I never book any flights with short connection times at any connecting airport and never will but I have my own comfort zone and just needed input into the "likely" (not guarenteed) outcome if I should find myself needing to call Delta before our trip. Thanks!:)

I fly Delta almost exclusively...most of the time changes are minor, but some are not. We have had no problems rescheduling to more convenient times whenever needed, and have found Delta reps to be very helpful and easy to work with. Again, check your reservation regularly!

Here's another Delta frequent flyer....It certainly is not uncommon for any airline to have changes. If the United Continental merger goes through you will see plenty there too.

I am presuming that you will have at least one connection and it would also be helpful for you to check out the airport layout. If it is Atlanta there are parallel concourses connected by a subway system and parallel walkways underground. For most of the concourses the subway system is in the middle of the concourses. It is not difficult at all but usually crowded so signage is important. We were flying through Atlanta last week and the crowds were worse than Thanksgiving. Substantial connection time there is a real plus.

Those who travel often through Salt Lake on Delta think it's a snap too but we have most often had long hikes between gates. Their "legal" connection time, like Atlanta's should be extended.

I have never had a terribly bad experience with Delta when they have changed flight times. I do check my itineraries often, as well. Check also for equipment changes. A change of metal can mess up your seating.

Have fun planning your cruise and have an equally wonderful sailing.

Here's another Delta frequent flyer....It certainly is not uncommon for any airline to have changes. If the United Continental merger goes through you will see plenty there too.

I am presuming that you will have at least one connection and it would also be helpful for you to check out the airport layout. If it is Atlanta there are parallel concourses connected by a subway system and parallel walkways underground. For most of the concourses the subway system is in the middle of the concourses. It is not difficult at all but usually crowded so signage is important. We were flying through Atlanta last week and the crowds were worse than Thanksgiving. Substantial connection time there is a real plus.

Those who travel often through Salt Lake on Delta think it's a snap too but we have most often had long hikes between gates. Their "legal" connection time, like Atlanta's should be extended.

I have never had a terribly bad experience with Delta when they have changed flight times. I do check my itineraries often, as well. Check also for equipment changes. A change of metal can mess up your seating.

Have fun planning your cruise and have an equally wonderful sailing.

Thanks again for everyone's experiences.

Altanta would be our connecting airport and we've connected there numerous times so we're comfortable with what we have to do and where we have to go if we have a concoarse change but the legal connection time for that airport is not within my comfort zone hence my concern with how Delta tended to handle request for changes because of their schedule changes.

Your mentioning Salt Lake reminded me of our connection there a few years ago:eek: that I try to forget. Now THAT was an adventure !! The only time we've ever flown that a delayed flight caused us to truly run through the airport to make it to our gate. Don't ever wish to have to do that again in an unfamilar airport.:eek::D

A month ago, I booked a Delta flight for the end of this month. Every single previous flight I've taken with them has had numerous schedule changed but so far not a single one with this flight. I've probably just jinxed myself. :p

Archived