Restaurants

hansol1966

What other ships/cruiselines are in the evening from Jan 2011 (world cruise passengers being hit first when they will use alternative restaurants most) offering only pay extra restaurants (excluding the KC buffet which definately doesnt count unless at 3.00am in the morning;)) in the evening onboard. Do Royal Caribbean charge for every evening meal outside of the main restaurant?... With the Increased fares i think where some regular and new passengers who stretch themselves to have a wonderful experience on Cunard and might be priced out of this market with the new array of price hikes.

Fred.

What other ships/cruiselines are in the evening from Jan 2011 (world cruise passengers being hit first when they will use alternative restaurants most) offering only pay extra restaurants (excluding the KC buffet which definately doesnt count unless at 3.00am in the morning;)) in the evening onboard. Do Royal Caribbean charge for every evening meal outside of the main restaurant?... With the Increased fares i think where some regular and new passengers who stretch themselves to have a wonderful experience on Cunard and might be priced out of this market with the new array of price hikes.

Fred.

Repeating my original thougths on this matter. World cruise passengers tend to be older than the average cruise passenger and are not as easily swayed by an alternative dining venue. On my prior world I only dined once in the Lido and would not bother with Todd English etc. I get plenty of opportunities on shore to sample different foods.

IF and it remains an IF for the moment, the QM2 continues to rotate the buffet section of the Kings Court on a regular basis, then it becomes a matter of waiting until the choice of foods becomes Oriental, Italian or Carvery on buffet night and then partaking of those selctions as a buffet at NO extra charge.

I, as I am sure do most people, budget a certain amount for expenses over and above the passage. To pay extra for a different dinner just means that Cunard does not get that amount somewhere else. Either fewer adult beverages or fewer items from the shops etc. Nickle and diming the pasengers is so very mass market and not up to Cunard's prior standards. We shall see.

By the way, I am operating on the word of those with access to the UK brochures. I have looked from one end to the other of the brochures posted on the US site and can find no mention of any extra charges being made for any dining venue other than Todd English's. If it is there would someone be kind enough to direct me to the proper site and brochure.

Didn't there used to be a charge for Chef's Galley? I seem to think that there was but as we have never used the alternative dining option, I'm unsure.

We are aboard for about 22 nights later this year and I had thought it would be good to try something else as a change so we had better do so- it may be our last time onboard what with a new government and price increases by Cunard :rolleyes:

We have just returned from 53 days on QM2 sailing Britannia class. The only extra charge for dining is Todd English. It was not very well patronised so Cunard often reduced the surcharge from $30 per person to $20 per person in the evening.

Chef's Galley is free as along with the others in the King's Court area. However, you need to reserve very soon after boarding as there are limited seats and it is very popular.

Didn't there used to be a charge for Chef's Galley?

As Rob has said, there was. But they also provided wine chosen to accompany the meal. So to my way of thinking, if you normally drank wine anyway, it wasn't really an extra charge.

Regards, Colin.

By the way, I am operating on the word of those with access to the UK brochures. I have looked from one end to the other of the brochures posted on the US site and can find no mention of any extra charges being made for any dining venue other than Todd English's. If it is there would someone be kind enough to direct me to the proper site and brochure.

Hi Pennypocket I've just checked out the September 2010-January 2012 brochure UK. Look at page 45 bottom right under Todd English Restaurant* It states*There is a cover charge payable in the Todd English Restaurant and the spciality dining options offered in Kings Court Restaurant applicable from January 2011. Under the Kings Court heading they state La Piazza. The Carvery. Lotus. Chef's Galley.

Catherine

Archived