Do they still offer kitchen tours?

gonzo1124

On the Glory in 2008 they still had Galley tours, but now that they have the 'Behind the Fun' tour on some ships I wonder if they did away with the free galley tour.

Kind of interested in this as well.

They do both now, we were on the Miracle this past February and they had both.

Galley tour is free and Behind the scenes is $95. a person limited to 2 groups of 16

Papanh

On Fantasy class I think its $55 and a shorter tour.

Free galley tour for Platinum (and anyone else who tagged along) on Carnival Spirit a week or so ago.

where did you go to ask for the free platinum tour?? How do you sign up? Im cruising Sat. would like to know.

where did you go to ask for the free platinum tour?? How do you sign up? Im cruising Sat. would like to know.

Fly, It is on the Platinum literature in the cabin when you arrive. I think I called the # listed to reserve a spot. After the tour the maitre'd seated the groups who went for lunch if you wanted to eat then in the dining room.

They sent some propaganda to the cabin. Other times I have gotten a message on the TV or a voice mail on the phone. We were supposed to RSVP, but nobody had a list of names for the tour or else it was too large to bother with. There must have been a 100 people or more on the tour.

On Spirit, the tour met at the purser's desk, but on other ships it has met in one of the dining rooms.

I've never seen anyone denied for not being Platinum and some people were obviously not since they had their non-Platinum S&S cards dangling from a lanyard. :eek:

I would ask at the Purser's desk and/or ask your maitre d' to find out.

Fly, It is on the Platinum literature in the cabin when you arrive. I think I called the # listed to reserve a spot. After the tour the maitre'd seated the groups who went for lunch if you wanted to eat then in the dining room.

It was not listed on our initial propaganda and I have noticed it wasn't there on the past few cruises, either.

The Platinum galley tour was listed on the letter we got in the cabin three weeks ago on the Carnival Imagination. We had to call the number listed to be put on the list. We met in the library and the asst. maitre d' came to get us. There were six in our group.

When we were on the Paradise in January, we got information about the Galley tour on the first night along with all the other Platinum letters, but did not receive any info when we were on the Elation in March.

Just off the Valor, the Behind the Fun tour is highly recommended at $95 and includes the galley, engine control room, bridge, backstage area, front crew rec area, crew lounge, cold storage areas, crew mess halls, steak house kitchen, and laundry areas along with a few other off-limit spaces. You get goodies too... 2 groups of 16 on the morning of the last sea day. There is also a free galley tour offered to anyone who wanted to go offered in the afternoon on the last sea day.

My wife did the free galley tour on the Pride, the afternoon after I did the Behind The Fun tour. We compared notes, and also memories from previous galley tours, and the free tour seems to be very much reduced from what it was before. We were in the galley for a good 15-20 minutes and had a talk with the head chef, as well as a few demonstrations. They got a quick walk through while the tour guide pointed out where the hot stuff, salads and desserts were.

My wife did the free galley tour on the Pride, the afternoon after I did the Behind The Fun tour. We compared notes, and also memories from previous galley tours, and the free tour seems to be very much reduced from what it was before. We were in the galley for a good 15-20 minutes and had a talk with the head chef, as well as a few demonstrations. They got a quick walk through while the tour guide pointed out where the hot stuff, salads and desserts were.

Dan - Since you did the Galley tour after the Behind the Fun Tour - are you still glad you paid $95 for the Behind the Fun? I am going on the Pride July 18th and we wanted to do the Behind the Fun Tour.

Free galley tour for Platinum (and anyone else who tagged along) on Carnival Spirit a week or so ago.

I thought I'd read this was available to Platinum...

Good to know... I've always enjoyed the Galley tours!!!

The Platinum galley tour was listed on the letter we got in the cabin three weeks ago on the Carnival Imagination. We had to call the number listed to be put on the list. We met in the library and the asst. maitre d' came to get us. There were six in our group.

Oooo... a small group would be GREAT!!! I think that's what so FUN about the Behind the FUN tour!!! Small size, you get to ask questions, and really see and get to places you don't normally.

The galley tour with the Behind the FUN Tour was so much more than the walk through tour that I've done on the ECSTASY, ELATION, FANTASY, and CONQUEST.

And I love that it can end, being seated for lunch!!! That sounds perfect!!!

Dan - Since you did the Galley tour after the Behind the Fun Tour - are you still glad you paid $95 for the Behind the Fun? I am going on the Pride July 18th and we wanted to do the Behind the Fun Tour.

I didn't do the free galley tour, my wife did. It was the afternoon after the Behind The Fun tours went through. But in comparing later, the BTF had a much more extensive tour and demonstration in the galley, led by the head chef, as well as a Q&A time with him, and a group picture.

So, yes, I definitely would have paid the price for BTF, even if I had done the free galley tour. Even if I had toured any of the other parts of the ship offered in BTF.

Archived