Venice - Getting to Cruise Terminal

yogiperogi

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting to the cruise ship terminal from the Fondamente Nove area? It doesn't look like there is a vaparetto line between both areas. I think I can take the 41/42 and 51/52 lines to the Piazzale Roma. If that is my option, can anyone approximate how long it would take me to walk to the terminal? ...how difficult it would be...with luggage? Thanks!

If it were me, and I had luggage, I would take the vaporetto from FN to St. Mark's, then transfer to Alilaguna which will tak you to the cruise ship terminal. If I DIDN'T have luggage, I would walk across the island to St. Mark's and then hop on Alilaguna!

Cathy

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting to the cruise ship terminal from the Fondamente Nove area? It doesn't look like there is a vaparetto line between both areas. I think I can take the 41/42 and 51/52 lines to the Piazzale Roma. If that is my option, can anyone approximate how long it would take me to walk to the terminal? ...how difficult it would be...with luggage? Thanks!

you could order a water taxi but it would cost. we where lucky enough to find a couple at the checkout counter going to the same cruise ship so we shared but it still cost 60 euro per couple but the advantage is it takes you straight there and the cruise ship people take over your luggage as you get off the taxi.

20 minutes walk. No fun at all. We did it in the other direction without luggage and did not enjoy it. A shared water taxi is your best bet. There are other options but I have been told I'm mad to have considered them. We await reports on how convenient or not the people mover is.

We took a taxi right to the cruise terminal. After that we walked to P Roma to go sight seeing and it was probably 15-20 minutes. I don't think I would want to do it with luggage. Those we saw who were did not look all that happy.

Kirk

Archived