Solstice - Connecting cabins on hump?

Workin4cruzin

I've read the thread regarding all of the fantastic Solstice cabins being on the hump.

Does anyone know which verandah cabins on the hump are connecting? I am looking to book my next cruise, and I'd love to hear any suggestions for rooms.

Thanks!;)

I was on deck 9 and I believe all the hump cabins on that deck are connecting. The design is genious. They don't connect through internal doors. One large door can be closed outside of the two cabin doors, turning two separate entrances in to one entrance.

The deck plans show connecting cabins and I see most of them are connecting.

Don't worry about the connecting cabins. X did something I have not seen on any other ship. All doors are recessed about 2 feet from the corridor. With the connecting cabins, they have the ablility to put a set of doors right on the corridor, making a small vestibule. You have the corridor door, enter there and then you have the two cabin doors.

If the additional corridor door is not added, you'd never know the the rooms are connecting.

On other ships, it's always been a wall door between the two cabins. That allows for noice from the other cabin to pass through a little. With X's set up, there is no cabin door. You have to walk out the front door to the vesitble and then back in through the other cabins front door.

To repeat, if the cabin attendant doesn't set up the wall and door to create the vestibule, it's just like having a non connecting cabin.

Don't worry, pick your favorite cabin and have a great cruise

I've read the thread regarding all of the fantastic Solstice cabins being on the hump.

Does anyone know which verandah cabins on the hump are connecting? I am looking to book my next cruise, and I'd love to hear any suggestions for rooms.

Thanks!;)

The hump cabins with the extra large balconies, the ones on the angle, are not connecting, only the standard balcony cabins on the hump have connecting doors. However the Solstice class standard balconies are reasonably large anyway.

We had connecting hump balconies on deck 9 and had the balcony divider opened as well, but this still leaves half the divider, the part nearest the balcony doors, remaining and you all have to sit near the balcony rail in order to make conversation.

Still it's better than nothing.

Here's a link showing the new connecting doors - the front 2 doors are open in the video - but you can see that when they close, a vestibule is created, allowing the 2 cabin doors to remain open if wanted

Archived